Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

Bringing my car back home

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing my car back home

So I was a bone head for selling my Camaro long ago, but after more than 15 years I found it again, and its for sale...

I bought it while I was working overseas and never had a title, just a salvage paper for NY state.

Now the question is, how hard of a time am I going to have getting it back and registered (in NY as it happens) I imagine the shipping will be the easiest step, if not the cheapest, but does anyone know about ages for salvage cars, or if bill of sale applies to cars bought overseas?

Im going to call the DMV tomorrow and figure it out. In the mean time, my car isnt as pretty as she once was, as she kind of sat.

The bad is that she doesnt have her louvers anymore, not even her third brake spoiler anymore, and a few extra dents (probably from moving around a make shift junk yard the seller has)

The good is that the car still has 30k or so miles and I imagine it wasnt driven much, since it cant be registered overseas and its in a country that throws you in jail for doing so.

So Im pretty excited to get my car back!

I know not the best of shape anymore, but this was MY car. How often do you see that at a car show? Plus one that would be so "travelled"