Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Adding more stopping power to the rear brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: TCI transmission
Axle/Gears: 4th gen rear end. With 3.83
Adding more stopping power to the rear brakes

I have the front brake lines hooking up straight to master on the back port of the master cylinder. The rear brake lines are hooked up to the front port of the master cylinder and has a wilwood proportioning valve. For rear brakes I have disc (pbr brake calipers). How can I add more stopping power to the rear. I have the wilwood valve turned up all the way but still isn't enough power to lock the rear wheels.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Re: Adding more stopping power to the rear brakes

Brian I'm not saying this to be any kinds of forum purist , but , if you go exactly seven subforums down from the engine subforum you posted in , you'll find the Brakes subforum and I'd be willing to bet your same question has already been asked and answered enough times there that a quick search will likely tell you all you need to know .
Old 11-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: TCI transmission
Axle/Gears: 4th gen rear end. With 3.83

Originally Posted by OrangeBird
Brian I'm not saying this to be any kinds of forum purist , but , if you go exactly seven subforums down from the engine subforum you posted in , you'll find the Brakes subforum and I'd be willing to bet your same question has already been asked and answered enough times there that a quick search will likely tell you all you need to know .
I apologize. I'm still new to all of this
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird

Originally Posted by Brianbajnuth
I apologize. I'm still new to all of this
No need to apologize , I wasn't scolding you and I just want to see you get the best & quickest info possible . Also , you bet if I had a clue how to help you I'd tell you what to do , and since I don't know I am hoping someone down in the brake subforum does know and can help you out .