Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Help me to Help you!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: 350
Transmission: Tremec Tko
Axle/Gears: 3.42
As you asked for ideas I noticed the other day somebody was looking for the easiest way to change a fuel pump, while most of us cringe at the idea of cutting up our cars, I think that if you made a sturdy access cover, that sealed to the floor and packaged it in a kit, with cutting template and fasteners, you might generate some interest. Most of the reason this topic generates so many flames is because of the hack jobs that have been displayed. Im not asking for one just trying to help you out. Also on board for the door sills and radiator mount for a dual fan setup.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Car: '91 Firebird
Originally Posted by likeistoleit
As you asked for ideas I noticed the other day somebody was looking for the easiest way to change a fuel pump, while most of us cringe at the idea of cutting up our cars, I think that if you made a sturdy access cover, that sealed to the floor and packaged it in a kit, with cutting template and fasteners, you might generate some interest. Most of the reason this topic generates so many flames is because of the hack jobs that have been displayed. Im not asking for one just trying to help you out. Also on board for the door sills and radiator mount for a dual fan setup.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Iroc-z Convertible
i think it is a partially good idea to produce but my thinking is if you are that worried about it install an inline pump. and some work with the factory pump in there and some don't so worst come to worst you end up dropping the tank once. just my
Old 06-28-2006, 02:53 AM

Car: 86 iroc, 84 z28, 92 firebird
Engine: 355, 350, 305 tbi
Transmission: custume 5 speed, automatic, 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 373s in the bird
yes tube like design.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: GTA
Engine: 383 HSR
Transmission: TH-700R4
Originally Posted by likeistoleit
I have heard all sorts of things but personally I think it wont really hurt the integrity of the floor and it is a good idea if done right... I have seen the dealership cut a hatch for a camaro...

Last edited by nelapse; 06-28-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:10 AM

Car: 85' TransAm
Engine: Chevy 350
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Quick question.
Are you still planning on doing a replacement of some sort for the grill in front of the windsheild. The one that covers the small open area where the window fluid tubes go, and it covers one of the wipers. Its mostly made from plastic and window screen, and it sucks, and mine is icky... so i took it out, and i can send it to you to fab up if you want, but must warn you it is a little bent. It still has all the mounting points, its just really rough lookin on the metal and stuff. It may help anyway, and i've got no problem sending it out.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by onfir3
Quick question.
Are you still planning on doing a replacement of some sort for the grill in front of the windsheild. The one that covers the small open area where the window fluid tubes go, and it covers one of the wipers. Its mostly made from plastic and window screen, and it sucks, and mine is icky... so i took it out, and i can send it to you to fab up if you want, but must warn you it is a little bent. It still has all the mounting points, its just really rough lookin on the metal and stuff. It may help anyway, and i've got no problem sending it out.
I could just use mine.. if it is bent my design would be bent..you know?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 298 Likes on 234 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 4.8 LR4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt
Originally Posted by onfir3
Quick question.
Yeah I would like something else for here but I would have no idea what to do. Something simple, but I guess it still has to let air in.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Supreme Member

my goal this evening is to put the final touches on the dual rad support... and create the rear headliner plate... my goal is going to be completed right about 2000 eastern time
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Supreme Member

This is the End...

Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at what you are doing... where you are going and what the consquences are from what you are doing.
I started this thread to help people poke through their imaginations and find out what could be done to help make the every day life of a thirdgen a better one. The whole point was to create things or find a way to get things that were too expensive or frankly did not exist yet.
There are alot of things that could be made to improve on our timeless adictions but, unfortunately, due to time constrants, possible divorce, 70hr work weeks and putting a motor in my car. This is not a practical choice for me get myself involved in over my head.
I am very sure their will be many of you very upset and disappointed, however you must see the good in this... everyone came together and as a group created a list of things that have yet to be born into the world of thirdgens...
There are some select individuals whom have sent me items to fabricate for them. I have promised to carry out this task and I will not let you down (scooter, 87ciz, etc) I will make you what I had promised and will send it to you at no cost whatsoever. I gave you my word and in the end that is all we have left to determine what kind of man we have become.

So please, use this thread wisely it is a fiction novel waiting to be turned into a real life documentary. I am terribly sorry to have given up on so many people but only a few people were seriously interested in what I had to offer and for their time spent here will be rewarded with what we agreed upon.

This whole thread is a shout out to all manufactuers and people who are great at fabricating... This wasnt about money it was about my addiction to cars, if I could just have one car that had one thing I made them, look, feel, or function better then my job is done.
Here is a minor recap on what everyone wants:

Priority

Aluminum radiator cover (also in ss)
Aluminum door sills
Aluminum A/C delete panels
SS Slave cyl lines and cyl
Cup Holders
Emblems
Aluminum rear headliner panel
Firebird grilles
Map holder
Rear cargo covers
Replacement dash pads
A/C - Heat panel *****
Clear fog lights
Convertible weather stripping
Auto down window switches
Strut tower bar (non-drilling)
Misc Switches
TPI snorkel
Assorted C.A.I systems
90-92 Camaro instrument clusters
Aluminum cowl covers
Dual snorkels
2 5/8 Dash Pods
Dome lights (custom)
T-Top Props
Rear disk brake conversions
Reinforced center console lids
Above mirror gauge pods

Feel free to keep the list moving, someone please pick up where i left off.
-Cale
Old 06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Supreme Member

that's too bad on the circumstances of why this has to end but I really hope everything works out for the best for you.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:41 PM

Car: 1989 Iroc rebuild
Engine: 355 carb'd
Transmission: 5spd
Axle/Gears: 3:08 pos for a while
should always read

last page first,went from the beginning,and was wanting to order some door sills,and wheel caps,oh well,always a day late and a dollar short

my wheel cap
Old 07-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 88' Iroc-Z
Engine: LQ9
Transmission: T-56
i'm sorry to hear that Cale. I wish i was closer and could offer some help in order to keep this going cause there's thousands of people out there that want or will want this stuff in the future. maybe you can still make a few parts and not get so overwhelmed as you have. since you've completed the dual radiator support maybe you could still offer those to people. And make them agree to your terms. As in, same as you said before you have a turn around time, but with circumstances it may possibly take a couple extra days if something else comes up. Let them know this is just a hobby and not a full time business. That way people can still get these pieces, and also you can make a little change to help you with your engine swap and future upgrades.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 87CIZ
i'm sorry to hear that Cale. I wish i was closer and could offer some help in order to keep this going cause there's thousands of people out there that want or will want this stuff in the future. maybe you can still make a few parts and not get so overwhelmed as you have. since you've completed the dual radiator support maybe you could still offer those to people. And make them agree to your terms. As in, same as you said before you have a turn around time, but with circumstances it may possibly take a couple extra days if something else comes up. Let them know this is just a hobby and not a full time business. That way people can still get these pieces, and also you can make a little change to help you with your engine swap and future upgrades.
i might be able to do that, but i do not make any money of these whatsoever. It may be hard to believe but i just do it to do it. Aluminium is very expensive
Old 07-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

bump the price a little bit.Enough to make a little bit of profit. You deserve to get paid for your time even if it is something you like to do. If these guys want made to order, custom parts you gotta pay for it. As long as its not like double the original price lol.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 87CIZ
bump the price a little bit.Enough to make a little bit of profit. You deserve to get paid for your time even if it is something you like to do. If these guys want made to order, custom parts you gotta pay for it. As long as its not like double the original price lol.
some of these things are kinda up there in price, which is probably the reason why no one has ordered anything. I couldnt blame them.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Formula; 1976 Trans Am
Engine: LT1; None
Transmission: T56; None
Well, I haven't ordered anything, so my opinion might not count as much as others', but it's a shame that you won't be able to continue with your parts manufacturing. The thirdgen community needs people like you who are willing to make what is needed and yet unavailable. As these cars increase in popularity, perhaps it will become more financially rewarding to make custom parts.

And I agreee with the sentiment above...raise prices if that is what it would take for you to continue. People might gripe, but quality parts cost money, and paying money is better than not being able to find stuff you want and need for your ride.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Supreme Member

well unfortunately there are actually some people here trying to ruin whatever reputation I supposively have. Due to circumstances I am not sure how all this will fly. I am sure scooter and 87ciz will post there real thoughts on their new parts... I still want to make the door sills for my car
Old 07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Formula; 1976 Trans Am
Engine: LT1; None
Transmission: T56; None
Whoah, ruin your repuation? I'll be honest, I only read the first three or so pages of the thread...did I miss something?

Last edited by Bull; 07-01-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Supreme Member

Its not about this business, just other childish he say she said Bs... dont worry about it.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Supreme Member

hey man i'll make an order for sure for the door sills if you can make them how i want them, also as i start getting more money coming in i'll be buying the slave cylinder and line. I myself am currently trying to get out of debt. But as far as the parts your sending me, I'll send you whatever i can now and then a little more when i get positive bank roll. I know aluminum is expensive that's why i'm not going to let you just give me a part free of charge. I've been around awhile on these boards I don't post a whole lot but I have to say your one of the best newer members that TGO has. Your actually attempting to help out the community in a way no one else has even tried, by making the hard to find parts. I don't have any problems with any of the sponsors they all sell great parts, but some of the prices are outrageous! And with you only making a few bucks if anything over the cost of material is especially generous.

Last edited by 87CIZ; 07-02-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:00 AM

Car: 1990 Formula
Engine: 383 Stroker
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. The only reason you haven't seen an order from me is because you haven't got to the things that I needed yet. I was already planning on getting several things that you have listed. I was just being patient. I hope that you haven't taken my patience and possibly others' as a lack of interest.

Also ..... what is this thing about someone trying to ruin your reputation? I have noticed you posting in a few other threads. I have never read anything that you have posted that wasn't extremely helpful and right on the mark! You have even helped me out personally with some of your posts. If I haven't made it clear before, I am thankful for your help.

DUDE ..... NOBODY (other than maybe Lon at TDS) has ever tried to help us (third gen community) out like you have. I was amazed at what you were doing; not to mention the cheap prices that you were charging. I have your website book marked and have sent a link to the site to as many people that I know that would be interested.

As far as a divorce goes, I know exactly what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May I suggest something? Maybe instead of 'Ending' this venture, you could just 'Delay' it until some things get worked out. Instead of trying to do so much at one time, you could just take advanced orders for one item at a time and then produce what you have already sold. After a while you could slowly build up some very limited back-stock. Then you could start selling on an individual basis.

I promise that you have more support behind you than you realize.

Also, I agree with the others that have already stated that you should raise your prices. Think of it this way. Given the choice of having to pay more for something or NOT having it at all, I think most people would pay what it is worth to you. At least I know I would. The people who would not pay the right price for it, probably would never have paid ANYTHING for it in the first place.

You have my respect no matter what comes out of this.

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:10 AM

Body Id bages

Don't know if anyone has brought it up yet, but the outside body badges. Rear bumper, front fender, ground effects, the z28, rs, 305ci, 350ci. I maybe off here but i think an aluminum peice her would lok great, make it like a two part, raised once and then again like a step up. and paint the first step black, so it really stands out. might not be worth the cost to make, but i think i would be a nince dress up.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 04 Silverado
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: auto
Originally Posted by fadetoblack
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. The only reason you haven't seen an order from me is because you haven't got to the things that I needed yet. I was already planning on getting several things that you have listed. I was just being patient. I hope that you haven't taken my patience and possibly others' as a lack of interest.

Also ..... what is this thing about someone trying to ruin your reputation? I have noticed you posting in a few other threads. I have never read anything that you have posted that wasn't extremely helpful and right on the mark! You have even helped me out personally with some of your posts. If I haven't made it clear before, I am thankful for your help.

DUDE ..... NOBODY (other than maybe Lon at TDS) has ever tried to help us (third gen community) out like you have. I was amazed at what you were doing; not to mention the cheap prices that you were charging. I have your website book marked and have sent a link to the site to as many people that I know that would be interested.

As far as a divorce goes, I know exactly what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May I suggest something? Maybe instead of 'Ending' this venture, you could just 'Delay' it until some things get worked out. Instead of trying to do so much at one time, you could just take advanced orders for one item at a time and then produce what you have already sold. After a while you could slowly build up some very limited back-stock. Then you could start selling on an individual basis.

I promise that you have more support behind you than you realize.

Also, I agree with the others that have already stated that you should raise your prices. Think of it this way. Given the choice of having to pay more for something or NOT having it at all, I think most people would pay what it is worth to you. At least I know I would. The people who would not pay the right price for it, probably would never have paid ANYTHING for it in the first place.

You have my respect no matter what comes out of this.

Thank you.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

This sucks i wanted alot of the stuff that you hadn't made yet. Im still emblemless ...and what the **** is this mayking no profit, you should double the price of what some things cost..My opinion is bump the price up, buy your wife some jewerly (if you still want to be with her), Go on a vacation, then make my stupid emblems
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Supreme Member

you guys are right. after some thinking have decided to put this on the backburner for 2 weeks and then start working on it again. by then i should have my bird 100 % and no worries.. plus Ii took all of next week off... plenty of time to go to the bone yards and look for a rear end i need to get me by, and some retrofits such as the dome lights and maybe even some interior things.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 04 Silverado
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: auto
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Supreme Member

sweet! If anyone gives you anymore **** let the moderators know and after a couple complaints they will no longer be welcome here.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '88 Camaro
Engine: 5.7 L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 9 bolt w/3.27 lim. slip
Some of the things found on this thread are on Third Generation USA - Welcome!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel U
Some of the things found on this thread are on Third Generation USA - Welcome!

Uhhh ....... No. Those are all used parts. We are generally talking about newly fabricated parts. Also we're talking about parts that have NEVER been produced before.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Supreme Member

Yeah I was wondering what in the heck he was talking about lol. I visited the site and saw just a compliation of used parts
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

Dont mean to rush you but when could i expect emblems because Xlr8tor Z28, is selling some now. So i dont know whether or not to buy them. There kind of expensive, and look hard to clean..but im not sure.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Car: 85 Z28, 88 GTA, 68 Cutlass S
Engine: 305TPI X2 ;), Chevy 250
Transmission: T5, 700R4, powerslide >:(
Axle/Gears: posi, and posi w/discs :D.
Originally Posted by camarodrew
a direct replacement replica of the 4th gen interior
YES!!!!!!!
that is what i want. maybe made of fiberglass?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Supreme Member

you have capabilities of making billet parts?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Supreme Member

nah , I c ant make billet yet.
Update though... I am almost done with my new motor and the car is almost running. Which means when that obsticle is out of the way then You guys have my full attention... putting my car back together has helped me discover other things that may be of some use
Old 07-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by PREDATOR
Dont mean to rush you but when could i expect emblems because Xlr8tor Z28, is selling some now. So i dont know whether or not to buy them. There kind of expensive, and look hard to clean..but im not sure.
If some one already makes them then there is no point on concentrating on it... i could make it, but since my time is very valuable now I am only interested in making parts that do not exist at all. I am not saying I wont, it's just not a priority. How much as he asking btw?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

He wants $70 for a full exterior set. Also they arent really being made i dont think he just baught a fewand may make just a few. But they're not stock there stainless steal. So really no one makes the stock emblems.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Supreme Member

Here is a new development for you guys...
I made this today and will sell them for $15 shipped. goes over where your ac vents should be. Fits perfectly.
Will only make these for 2 1/16 gauges you must remove vents.
There is a turn around date. will start fabricating these for sale on Sunday...

enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Help me to Help you!-picture7-004.jpg   Help me to Help you!-picture7-002.jpg   Help me to Help you!-picture7-001.jpg  

Last edited by nelapse; 07-12-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Supreme Member

that sharp im gonna have to send you more parts for camaro's
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM

Car: 85' TransAm
Engine: Chevy 350
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Just wondering, have you planned on making the Vent cover that goes infront of the window covering the holes for window wiper tubing? I could use one of those two.. mines broken, or i'd send it to ya... And is ur site fully updated with parts avail. yet? Thanks man. I'll try to keep ontop of this, but i have a tranny to deal with now so i'm behind myself. thanks.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Supreme Member

i havent updated my site yet I have been super busy and all. i was thinking about your request last night. I sat there and looked at them... wondering if I could make them flat, some sort of flat mesh. My car is finished except for bleeding the slave cyl and some timing issues... which means more time for you guys. I want to get the door sills up and going since frankly i need some. I would like to make the gauge plate for camaros like the one I just made, but I have no camaro lol... I would need a cut up dash panel so I can produce them.... I would also need a cut up firebird one. Since I used mine I have no panel to test them for. I need to go to the JY now
Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Supreme Member

I have the dash shell from my 87 iroc you can have if you pay shipping. shouldn't be more than $30-40 range. and I can use the box my a/c delete dash came in. lmk if interested.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Car: 86 Firebird (T/A) Clone
Engine: 2.8L P.O.S (for now.....)
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 (woot)
im not sure if this is readily available, but a true-dual, bolt on exhaust for v-8's.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Transmission: Slushbox/ NeeddT56 transplant!
Stock looking Iroc wheels in 17 and 18" sizes, I just dont like chrome! Some kind of gauge holder, bezel, for the 90-92 camaros so we can run aftermarket gauges. The cupholder would be nice, how about with the panel in the console that houses the pw/ ph switches? A manual fan switch like slp sells for the 4th gen, I think that would be sweet, I hate wiring anything, plug @ play is great stuff!! A/c delete box sounds good too, along with stronger sill plates
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 298 Likes on 234 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 4.8 LR4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt
Originally Posted by 922628
Stock looking Iroc wheels in 17 and 18" sizes, I just dont like chrome!
What the hell is wrong with people? They seem to know how to type, but not how to read.......
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by scooter
What the hell is wrong with people? They seem to know how to type, but not how to read.......
I was thinking the same thing. They probably just read the first few posts and then make a new reply.

922628 ....... He can not make any type of wheel. The gauge holder molded into a custom fiberglass dash is already planned. An A/C control delete plate that holds gauges and/or switches is already available.

You need to go to the website and read all of the details.
FSP- Home

Please give Cale all of the support you can. He is trying to improve all of our Third Gen cars. All he needs is support & time.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:21 PM

Car: 1984 z28 camaro / 2019 accord sport
Transmission: 700r4
are you still in businesses i have a friend who said he wanted an ac delete panel
Old 08-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Supreme Member

technically, yes motivated, no. There is alot of people who talk about getting something but no one ever does lol. i have put the business on the back burner for a while, due to personal problems and getting my car going. however, my car blew up its new engine and cant afford to fix that so I cant really use the car thing as an excuse now can i?

Anyways, which kind of ac delete are you looking for. if you are looking for a replacement panel with gauges that covers the stereo and what not then you are out of luck. i have made a prototype for that and frankly i think it sucks. Now if you are looking for something to cover the holes in the firewall of your engine than you are indeed inluck. let me know.
-Cale
Old 08-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Car: 89' Iroc-Z G92
Engine: TPI 305 G92
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Limited 9 bolt, 3.45
I don't know if it was posted but original style headliner boards non-abs.. I cant find them anymore. Maybe offer to cover them as well. Most companies only have the abs plastic boards, which is either covered plastic or or colored plastic.