Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

fbodymotorsports.com (a definite "NO")

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '91 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 4-bolt 350 TBI w/ Holley ProJection
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 10bolt
I emailed, it took them almost a week, and by the time they had replied I had found the part I needed and it was on the way. They told me "I can't look at the Used Parts inventory now, so call our office." Well... is it REALLY that difficult to go and maybe, uh, look? After all, it is an email and you arent as stressed for time when replying to emails as you are when on the phone... I'm not sure if they even WANT my business. One thing's for certain, if they don't want it (as was evident by this exchange) they wont get it.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I think it's about time I chimed in on this thread.

They will no longer get my business, as well. Fortunately, nothing I have ordered from them has ever been a big rush. I have a headliner repair article sitting in limbo on the Body & Interior forum because I'm still waiting for the damn sunvisors to show up. It's been a month since I ordered.

I ordered black sun-visors, black seat belt headliner trim pieces, and a black rear headliner trim piece (the long one with four screws by the rear hatch). My initial dealings with them were good; they were friendly enough. They told me everything would take about two weeks. I said sounds good. Two and a half weeks later, I recieved the two seat belt headliner trims and that's it. I waited a couple days hoping they would come in other boxes, but nothing came.

I gave them a call and told them the story with 100% politeness. I wasn't about to potentially lose money or parts just cause I lost my cool. The girl I talked to told me some absurd story about how they contacted GM about the rear headliner piece, GM told them it was discontinued, and later found out they asked GM about the WRONG part. I recieved no call from anyone at thirdgenresource about this. Finally, she asks if I still want the part. Are you kidding me? Of course I want it, that's why I'm calling asking where it is! As for the visors, she told me they are drop shipped and usually take 3-4 weeks. What happened to the two week statement, I haven't a clue.

Finally, the headliner trim for the rear shows up about a week and a half later. So 2/3 of the order is here. It's been about a month, and I'm still waiting for the sun visors. With any luck, I can get them as well and never have to deal with these people again.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:46 AM

Car: 1988 Formula
Engine: 305tbi 15.50 1/4 stock
Transmission: 700R4
Well, heres my opinion on 3rdgenresource.com. I went to the link on the top of the page and looked around, nice prices, so I decide to order a front end rebuild kit from them, as I dont have a credit card, I called them and asked if I could send a money order, they said yes and to add $20 for shipping, I said ok I'll send out $220 tomorrow. I mailed the MO, and waited.........and waited........ Finally after two weeks I decide to call them and ask if they recieved it. The receptionist(Melony) told me they never recieved it. Damn!, So i get ahold of the MO people and they tell me to send $20 to have it traced. Done. While on the phone with them they said it was cashed, but couldnt tell me by who. I call 3rdGR back and tell them that it was cashed, they tell me they have no record of my name or anything, so I wait for the proof....... I call them a few days later and tell them that if the report comes back and THEY did cash it, I want a $20 credit for having it traced, they (Melony) told me to hold on a second............ She comes back and askes how much $$ I sent and I tell her $220, she says " you must have ordered off our old site 3rdgenresource.com, we havent updated that site in over a year. Our new price is $249, so if you want to send out the rest of the $$ we will get it right out to you...." ???WTF??? "THE REST OF THE $$" Come to find out STACY the owner of the company cashed my MO just a coouple of days after I sent it, BEFORE I called them........ Well, to mack a long story longer........ I called them back after I recieved the report, and sure enough STACY cashed it. Well, I told them I just wanted my $$ back, "oh well, you'll have to talk to STACY about that", is she there?, "no, shes not in yet, call back in 45 minutes", ok. 45 minutes later, may I speak to STACY please?.... "I'm sorry, she just stepped out to lunch....." please tell her that I want my money back plus the money I spent to have the MO traced that SHE had already cashed........ "ok"......... I waited another week, and no call...... Called them today and (melony) said I need to send them the proof of the report to show they cashed it.....WTF?!

As you can probably guess I'm getting a little frustrated by now......lol

If I dont get my $$ back soon I WILL be sueing them.......

And to the owners of this board, I'm asking you to please remove them from sponsorship please........ If its a $$ thing, I'd be happy to pay their share, just to get them off this great website!

Sorry such a long post, I was just "venting"
Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by friskicouple
And to the owners of this board, I'm asking you to please remove them from sponsorship please........ If its a $$ thing, I'd be happy to pay their share, just to get them off this great website!
AMEN to that!

What would be more feasible, however, is to get everyone here to sign a petition to fbodymotorsports (AKA thirdgenresource) to have them clean up their act or get boycotted. This would put less strain on Dirk and other admins here and put more focus on the company-customer relationships. Remember, we don't want to damage TGO in the process. They do make some money from fbodymotorsports' link.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: 91 Z28 & 21 Hellcat Challenger
Engine: L98, Hemi 6.2
yeah i ordered a shifter plate some other stuff from there and i never recieved the plate it tooks 4 weeks for them to tell me that they ran out of them....... And the other ordered stuff were late as well and they were the wrong parts! grrr i hate Fbodymotors and will never buy anythin from them no more.... There to busy playing with there tricked out 1991 LS1 6 speed, instead of concentrating on there customer service
Old 05-04-2004, 12:42 PM

Car: '91 Firebird (blown apart)
Engine: *cough*BOAT ANCHOR*cough*
Transmission: Slushbox
Another thing, besides this post, that will keep me from doing business with them is personal interaction. I went to Spring Carlisle about 2 weeks ago and they happened to be there. Cool I thought. So me and my brother (Pew) wondered over and after 5 minutes I decided that they would never get ANY $$ from me. Almost EVERY part was in fair-bad condition. All the nose pieces they had (3) were over priced and in sad shape. Deep gouges, tears, chunks missing from them and so on. The posted costs were $75-up. They had a set of T/A fenders selling for like $150 per fender!! The interior power switches, signal stalks, and other electronics were all sitting in water (it rained a bit on friday,I was there Saturday). When I asked Roy a question he seemed bothered by it. So I said my thanks and we walked on. I coudn't believe being at a huge event like Carlisle, and bringing a trailer of junk, that he didn't seem to care what his business image was.

-Derth
Old 05-05-2004, 05:47 PM
TGO Supporter

Update on my visors... Called these guys this afternoon and (politely, still not going to lose my money/item for losing my temper) asked them if they could give me some info on my visors. They told me they are shipped direct from the factory via truck freight. I'm still unclear what exactly this means, but she told me they shipped out to me on April 25th and should be here by the end of next week.

This is a faaaaaaaar cry from the "two to three" weeks they told me when I initially spoke to them and ordered. I guess she meant 4 to 6 weeks. I really wouldn't care if she told me they take that long in the first place, but she didn't. Why they shipped on the 25th and not three weeks earlier when I ordered, I'll never know.

Be sure I will chew them out pretty good when my order finally arrives. Something like "Hey who owns fbodymotorsports? Put him/her on the phone. Hello? Hi, I just want to tell you that you have THE worst F'n business I have ever dealt with in my life. Be sure you won't get my business and at least 10 others' ever again." CLICK.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two words.... BRUCE HAWKINS! ONLY deal with
Hawk's for now on! Pretty good service. Fairly quick
to ship as well! At least he doesn't give you the run
around! E mails replies within 2-3 days every time.
Probably quicker if you call him.

CaysE,

I feel for you man. About a year and a half ago, I had
nothing but problems with them. All over a stupid T-top
bar! They first told me that they had one in stock. Guess
what? It wasn't! Only way I found out is that I ended up
e mailing back to them on when it would be shipped. If I never
did, I would probably never have received it. They said that it
had to be ordered, AND was on backorder. So, after all that crap,
I decided to cancel my order and get my money back. WELL, it
took me over a MONTH to get my money back! E mail after e mail,
I got all kinds of answers like " The person who deals with
e mails is not in right now, we will get back to you later".
Another one was "she is on 'maternity leave' so I don't
know what is going on with your order, please be
patient, will get back to you soon." Finally, after getting
to the right person, I got my money refunded. But it took
like 4-5 weeks worth of time and e mails to get it back!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 RS Camaro (Jet Black)
Engine: 95 383 CI (6.3) LT1
Transmission: 95 T-56
Seriously, we need to get a petition on here to remove them as a sponsor, too many junior members are seeing it and don't quite know how bad of service these morons can have. Im so glad they didnt charge me and send me the wrong grill and say thats all they had. I would definatley be bitching melony out if she pulled half the crap on me as she does to you guys. These guys are bad news and should be taken off the site as a sponsor, hawks is a much better choice.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:48 AM
TGO Supporter

Well you guys asked for it, here's the petition to remove TGR from the sponsored links. I agree that these guys should be removed, especially for the sake of new members. Their business practices are terrible and should not be operating as they are. Maybe they can start their own race team and be successful, but not as a storefront.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Supreme Member

Signed.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:57 PM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 350 L98
Transmission: T-56
signed.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
TGO Supporter

FYI, this petition will be up until the end of June.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:50 PM

Car: 1989 IROCZ
Engine: Rebuilt 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Signed.
They suck, im just glad I only ordered a small part from them before I learned how bad they really are. Hawks is awesome, only a few hours away from me too. Hell, Fbodymotorsports is only 2 hours away and it took 3 weeks for me to get trunk motor alignment strips.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:06 PM

Signed. And commented as well.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:35 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 92 GTA/ 00 TA
Engine: 383/350
Transmission: 700R4/T-56
Signed.
I'd sign it again and again if it were right to do so.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:52 PM

Car: 1990 Iroc Hardtop
i signed the petition as well.
i've dealt with roy once and it sucked, no email conformation no calls, finally recieved item 3 weeks later... only good thing i can say about them: i talked to Roy at Carlisle (its a BIG swap meet in PA) and he was pretty nice guy i guess.... oh well, hope new customers read this and dont have to learn the hard way about how crappy they are!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

I don't know if he is a nice guy or what, but even so, business is business and that guy simply doesn't know how to run one.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:29 PM

yeah, nice guy doesnt mean i will buy from him ever again
Old 05-16-2004, 08:37 PM

Car: 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
Engine: 7M-GTE
Transmission: R154
Axle/Gears: 3.91 LSD
!

today i just ordered seat covers and matching door panels.. i sure as hell hope they get it right. I want to have this car complete by June......
ughh i really hope this comes out nice. I don't want to have to think of a $500 purchase as a gamble!
(Both Quotes by me)

SIGNED!!!!

Words just can't express how pissed off I am at them. I called in mid march to order my interior (date on the former post) And got ahold of a girl that had no idea what I was telling her. I described it as clear as I could. She took my credit card # and told me that it would be here in 3 weeks.....
2 days later, I recieve my bill stating that it would take 3 weeks to get my interior. The next day, Roy calls me back and wants to know what interior I wanted!!! - If you don't know how to do it, then don't take someones money. I don't write estimates at my dad's body shop.

Well, last week it was 4 weeks since I ordered it, and I decided to call them up. Got ahold oh some girl that said to call if I didn't get it by monday. Monday comes around, I call. They said Roy would call me back within the hour. Never called.

I call back on Tuesday, finally get ahold of him because I told them that I would wait. He said that he couldn't get ahold of them by phone, but if I drop him an e-mail, he'll relay one to the place.. (we all know that Roy answers our questions at least a week later) So I told him my story, he then proceeds to give me some "advice"..

"don't order these things in Spring, everybody's doing it". I wouldn't have been expecting it if he had told me, "I'll have it to you in 3 weeks", I even mentioned my set date for it to be done, he said "oh, yeah! it will be their way before"

Sorry that this is so long, but I wanted to make everyone aware of how terrible things are handled at Fbody Motorsports.

Soo. I had to get to work. My dad decides to call him for me, and tells him to find out where it is, and call him back the next day. Of course he doesn't. My dad tried to call back, they won't answer!!! The one time he got through, they told him that Roy was busy.

A $500 gamble, I think not. I'm going to talk to my Lawyer.
As for F-body Motorosports, Never Again
Old 05-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Supreme Member

Damn man, that would make me want to take a road trip just to ***** that girl and roy the hell out, thats just horrible. If I were you, call your credit card company, tell them to refund that charge, don't even bother with roy anymore and call A1auto to get your interior parts, everything else you can find at a junkyard cheap and most of the time in good condition. Let Roy figure out why his dumbass is out of balance when they pull the charge.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by stevver84Z
yeah, nice guy doesnt mean i will buy from him ever again
Very true! Being nice just makes things easier to get the
money and run! :lala:
Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 PM

yeah i am just glad i never bought anything too exspensive from him, o well
Old 05-17-2004, 04:20 PM

Yeah me too! I was just lucky to get my money back
from them. Thank goodness! :hail:

Out of all the places and websites that I've been to,
I've never heard and dealt with such pathetic service as
Thirdgenresource.com. <-------- :nono:
Old 05-17-2004, 05:51 PM

update....

So they called me earlier today, and said it was shipped today.....
Soon as I get back to the shop from lunch, he calls me and says that there is a problem.. They can't make my interior the way I want it!?!
hmm it was shipped earlier.. right?
Well, I wanted to tell him to shove it up his A hole, but he was very apologetic , and he offered to refund my money.. I figured I was too far in the hole, and he offered me a solution. He gave me the # to the interior place in Cali.
I called there, the service was great, and they knew exactly what I was talking about.
Finally, they said they'd have my interior out by tommorrow, and to expect it before the end of the week!
Lets hope this is true....
Old 05-17-2004, 06:13 PM
TGO Supporter

86IROCKET-Z, would you think this is the same place that makes the visors that thirdgenresource sells? Care to post that number? Last time I called, they told me the visors would be here the end of last week. Well I'll give you two guesses if they came or not...

I made this f'in order for TWO SIMPLE VISORS in MARCH! 3/29 to be exact, and the two-month mark is approaching fast. I will sheite my pants if I see those visors before I gather the strength to hold back an all-out verbal assault and call them again.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:40 AM

I don't think that it is the same place, because they were just talking about door panels and seat covers to me.
By the way CaysE, an all out verbal assult helps...

I'm not going to post the # of the place because I'm afriad that people will start calling these guys up and raising hell.. They are good guys, and they seem to know what they are doing..
Old 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
TGO Supporter

Actually, people will probably end up calling that place instead of TGR so they can get better service.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1989 Formula WS6
Engine: L03 305 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt; 3.42 Posi
i've had problems with BOTH thirdgenresource and hawks.

1. needed a solenoid for my 84 t/a cowl induction hood. called third gen resource. he said he had a good one for 20.00. ordered it, got it a week later and it worked, but the bushing in the linkage was missing. emailed them about it twice, no response. called, was told they'd send me a bushing at no charge. still haven't recieved it 9 months later.

2. was swapping to a 3.42 posi rear. thursday night, pulled the rear end apart and found out i had 26 spline axles (need 28). called hawks. he said he had "a bunch". i'm in atlanta and needed them fast, so i asked if they were going to be open on saturday, that i'd drive over and get them. he said they were open every saturday. a few hours later i spoke to bruce about an 88 firebird special appearance package spoiler i have and wanted to know if he was interested in making a mold of it to produce. during the conversation, i told him about the plan to come up on saturday and get the 28 spline axles. he said he'd be there all day and would have them ready.

just to be safe, i called saturday morning. answering machine. left message. no return call. this went on for over two hours. called fbody motorsports. they said they had them and would be open till 5. i headed out. hawks is on the way to charlotte from atlanta, so i continued calling them and leaving messages. no response. i'd planned on actually going by hawks, but i wouldn't have had time to get to charlotte by 5 if i did, so i called f-body motorsports and confirmed that i was coming. he said he'd have them ready to go. it took longer than i thought and the directions i had weren't very clear, so i called 3 more times before i got there to confirm that i was coming and clarify directions. each time, he told me he had the axles ready. pulled up in the lot at 4:50, asked for the guy i'd been talking to on the phone and was told he was gone. asked for the axles and was told no one knew anything about them. the guy i was talking to looked around a bit, but couldn't find any. he told me i'd have to come back on monday! i said i'd driven all the way from atlanta and had to have them. during the discussion, roy showed up and had him start pulling the covers off of rear ends till they found a set. while the were getting the axles out (with a torch!), the guy i'd spoken to so many times on the phone showed up, pointed to another rear end laying on the ground and said: "that's the one i was talking about, i think it has 28 spline axles." he hadn't even bothered to pull the cover!

on monday, i called hawks. the guy who answered the phone said they'd decided to be closed that past saturday. bruce wasn't there. i left a message. never returned the call. i emailed him about it twice. he never responded.

3. while installing my headers, the pigtail on my temp. sensing unit broke. flipped a coin between f-body motorsports and hawks. i lost. ha ha ha. called fbody. said he had one, gave him my credit card and he said it'd ship that day. took 6 weeks to get it. they charged me 5.00 for the part and 18.95 to ship it via regular us mail in a basic padded envelope. the part weighed less than 3 ounces. they also charged me tax on the shipping and handling.

uggghhhhhhhhh. glad to finally have that off my chest.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by CaysE
Actually, people will probably end up calling that place instead of TGR so they can get better service.

Yeah well I kept the #, I'll call them next time i need interior stuff.. And I'll ask them if I can give the # out..
who knowz..

Sean - that sucks man, seems like TGR always seems to forget about things...

I ordered a headliner and driving lamps today.. From HAWKS!

Last edited by 86IROCKET-Z; 05-18-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:18 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 86IROCKET-Z
Sean - that sucks man, seems like TGO always seems to forget about things...
It's TGR man!! Not TGO (our favorite website on the Internet. *whack!*

You think you can call them and ask if they have visors? If not it's cool, but would like to have a good backup plan if they are the ones that make them.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:02 PM

edit:...........

What are you talking about man?? :lala:

I'll try to give them a call, just to "check up" on things, and i'll ask them what all they make..
Old 05-20-2004, 08:55 AM

Car: 91 Z28 t/top
Engine: 305 TPI
Originally posted by Viprklr
I wish I would've seen this post before. All I wanted was a 36mm sway bar bushing kit and it's been a month. Still nothing. I've called and they're useless. At least they give me a different line every time. I don't think they know how to email either.
I made the same exact mistake.It took them 5weeks to get me my bushings, then when it arrived, I find out they sent a 35mm-just slightly pissed.......When I did call them-got the total runaround,lame excuses, hell- there still sittin on my work bench...
Old 05-20-2004, 07:52 PM

I had my sway bar bushing set from Spohn in like 4 days
after I paid them online.

If you want good service and product, go with Spohn
or Hawks.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:15 PM

hawks

already got my driving lamps - they are perfect..
definitely impressed with hawks.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:51 AM

Car: 85 Z
Engine: 383
Transmission: 700r4
I have made 4 orders in the last year. Two doors,Turn sigs,Power window switches,Lock switches, Hatch Switch Never had a problem with them. When I called they would tell me what's up right away and they sent a UPS tracking number the next day.......Maybe I am just lucky. I will do business with them again.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by Chris's 85z
I have made 4 orders in the last year. Two doors,Turn sigs,Power window switches,Lock switches, Hatch Switch Never had a problem with them. When I called they would tell me what's up right away and they sent a UPS tracking number the next day.......Maybe I am just lucky. I will do business with them again.
You got lucky with the doors. All those other parts are shipped from GM, which is the only time TGR doesn't have much of a problem. My first order with TGR was for a leather e-brake handle and leather auto shift ****; both of them arrived on time and without hassle. Except I found out later that they were available through GM and I could've gotten them cheaper.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: .040" over 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt with 3.45s
What surprises me the most is that this company, when faced with all of these complaints, does nothing, absolutely nothing, to try and correct the problem. Now that is arrogance.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:26 PM

You got lucky with the doors. All those other parts are shipped from GM, which is the only time TGR doesn't have much of a problem. My first order with TGR was for a leather e-brake handle and leather auto shift ****; both of them arrived on time and without hassle. Except I found out later that they were available through GM and I could've gotten them cheaper.
I STILL had a problem with them on a direct GM part. They
just took my money without even telling me that the part
( t top bar) was on back order (Nov. 2002). I had to actually
e mail them to see what was up with my order and when it
will ship. But it never did. After that, it got worse. I decided
that I wanted a full refund, which I got, but took a month
of e mails to get it! After that 1 order from them, NEVER
AGAIN! Hawks or GM dealership for now on.

Oh, and check your local GM dealer BEFORE dealing with
an online parts place, to see if they are still available!
I usually do this first, and it's always cheaper for me to
go the GM dealer route. Especially since I get a discount.
But, some stuff may not be made from GM anymore. THAT'S
when you go buy online. Ebay, TGR or Hawks.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:01 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro *RIP* 1984 MonteCarloSS 1972 Nova
Engine: 355 cid 383 cid
Transmission: TH350 TH350
Hows this sound dont order from them if you are not within range of going there and beating the life out of them. cuase ill tell you what if i orderd from there and i got my stuf 2 motnhs later or broken ect i would pay a visit being im only a state or two away. but thank *** i got my hood from hawks i came in 1 fricken day thank the lord for hawks it seems they are 1) about thirdgens! 2) nice friendly and have great service and 3) i got my hood in a day lol ok this ends my vent

Last edited by Teal91rs; 05-27-2004 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:35 PM

FINALLLLLLY!!!!!!

Thursday, I finally got my Interior!!! 2 months and a week in waiting!!!
I'm going to post up some pictures, especially my order sheet that came from cali.. here's how it goes...

- Custom Black int. with sivler vinyl stripe 3-22

- Matching door panels.. 3-22

- Order was Lost???????? 5-...

- Rush order...

NOW WTF why didn't Roy tell my it was LOST! HOW CAN YOU LOSE AN ORDER?!?!?!
anyways, I don't care.. Never gonna buy from him again..
At least I have it!
Old 05-29-2004, 09:36 PM
TGO Supporter

Haha, wow... here's hoping I see those visors! I'm at the 2-month mark today.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:07 PM

Car: 1988 Formula
Engine: 305tbi 15.50 1/4 stock
Got my $$$!

Well, while on vacation and at Third Gen Fest, the check from TGR arrived in the mail. ABOUT TIME!....... They did refund all my money, and sent a letter saying "sorry it took so long to refund your money. We hope you will not let this affect your future purchases with us"....... I couldn't stop laughing.......LOL
Old 05-30-2004, 03:01 PM
TGO Supporter

Not sure what's going on lately with TGR, but with 86IROCKET-Z getting his interior, friskicouple getting a check in the mail, and Stacey calling me up personally and suggesting I stop hiding behind a keyboard, things seem to be improving! AAAAhahahHAhhahaHA!!!! Let me get that smiley list up!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:38 PM

Stacey calling me up personally and suggesting I stop hiding behind a keyboard,

Say what? i haven't heard this! explain
Old 06-01-2004, 10:53 PM
TGO Supporter

She called me Sunday afternoon, the day before Memorial Day. She was upset that I'm "trashing her company," (in this thread) and went on to claim the following. Mind you, these are excerpts; I can't recall the entire conversation. She seemed to be trying to be polite, but there is obvious intent to sling some insults.

"Why don't you stop hiding beyhind a keyboard and call to tell us that something's wrong with your order."

And the fact is, I called twice. I placed the order for the sunvisors online on March 29th, which was a Monday. I called in the next morning to confirm my order and add to it two headliner seat belt trim pieces and that long trim piece at the back of the headliner. My first warning sign was that they had not recieved the online order when I called to add to it. I chalked it up to an understandable delay between making an online order and them processing it. When all was said and done, and I am quoting this from that phone conversation, "you should recieve everything in two to three weeks." The second time I called was four weeks later, on April 26th, to check in on why I only recieved the seat belt trim. The story I got for the rear headliner trim wasthey placed the order to GM, GM came back to say it is discontinued, TGR later found out it was about the wrong piece, and GM does still have them. TGR credited my account for the cost of the piece, and she asked me, quote, "do you still want it?" This was BIG warning sign number two. Not only was I not informed about any of this (email, phone, carrier pigeon), but she asked if I still wanted it. Logically, if I ordered it to begin with, have no idea what is going on with all these exchanges between TGR and GM, and am calling four weeks later to find out where it is, I must want it. I ignored my gut and said yes please. As for the visors, she simply said "they're drop shipped via truck freight, they usually take a few weeks. You should have them by the end of next week." I said great, we got off the phone.

"There is no record of you ever calling us about this. We make sure to note every single time a customer calls in."

I was literally dumbfounded. All I could gather from my jumbled brain from this statement was "Well I did call." I was tempted to say "at least you're consistent" like Erik said in one of the other TGR posts. Throughout this Sunday afternoon conversation, she continually brought up the fact that I never called and there was no record of me ever calling about this. The last time she said this, just before she bid me good day, I said "Well I'm disappointed that you have no note of me calling, because I did."
If I had the past few days to think about that statement and come up with an intelligent response on the spot, I'd have to say the following: "It's not my responsibility to babysit my order and make sure it gets here when you say it will. That's your job, and you failed to do it twice. I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time around and waited four weeks to find out where my parts are, and waited another four weeks for visors that should have been in here in two. And I hadn't even called to chew you out yet; you called me on a Sunday afternoon to bitch and moan about these TGO posts instead of fixing the problem and making your customer happy, perhaps even to regain some respect."

This next quote is excerpted, because I can't remember the exact way she put it. Basically, I was saying a lot of people are disappointed with TGR's service, and she told me there's only 3 people in that thread that were upset, myself included, and it was mostly about other topics (f-body cd, microfiche, thirdgen Hollywood Squares). I was stunned again and told her to take a look at the voting poll at the top of the page; there's over 50 members that voted to have TGR removed from the sponsored links. After the phone conversation, I went back to count how many people felt the need to post negatively, and there are 7; not counting myself or SLP-GTA's comment, which seems neutral. And this is only one of the many threads started by other members about their bad experience with TGR. If anyone knows anything about business, they know that it takes a lot for the average consumer to feel the need to spread negative comments about a business experience. The simple fact that 50 people voted them off this website, 7 of those people felt the need to post further comments, 17 people even went so far as to sign the online petition, and there are still at least two other threads open on the front page of Aftermarket Vendor Review with similar experiences, shows that TGR has a serious problem and is not isolated to a few people.

Some of the other miscellaneous comments she threw in the conversation were that I'm immature, she won't reply on this message board because she has a life (dangerously close to implying that I or any of us here don't have one), and even asked WHY I'm hiding behind a keyboard and trashing her company. To which I replied, "Because I'm allowed to; that's the whole point of the forum." Another nearly humorous question she asked was "if we're so bad why do you keep ordering from us?" Again, I was stunned. The last things I ordered were the visors, seat belt trim, and rear headliner trim, which are exactly what all my gripes are about.

Every time I had called TGR I spoke to a woman, who I only assume was Stacy each time. She was polite when I had called in both times, and I probably would have recommended them if my order had arrived on time. But getting a phone call like that was entirely unprofessional and simply further proved my reasoning for writing all of this. She should have been calling to apologize and try to fix all of this, IMO. TGO is the premiere resource for thirdgen information; you'd think she would try to do something to regain a member's, and subsequently all of our respect. Alas, she made that phone call, and most of the regulars at least recognize my name when I post here. She did seem to take me seriously for a moment when I told her "I respect the engine work TGR does and I know the guys there are very knowledgeable when it comes to thirdgens, but you need to take a serious look at your customer service. I'm serious. A lot of people are upset with your service." So who knows, maybe this whole fiasco will just end up being a temporary kick in their *** and they turn out to be the #1 revered supplier of thirdgen parts. At the moment, I'm not placing any bets.

Stacey, I'm sure you will be reading this at some point. Not posting here, in all honesty, is probably the best thing TGR has done so far, cause you don't want to end up like Chuck here. Find a way to fix the problems that TGR obviously has, play your cards right, and you probably could rebound from this and end up as the #1 resource for parts here. It certainly won't be easy, but, and this is just my opinion, you have to stop running TGR as a mom-and-pop shop and get some business-minded, professional employees to manage and maintain your storefront. Please do your company the favor of not replying to this on here or calling me up again in the manner that you did. It is, like I said, just my opinion, which is exactly the point of this whole forum.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Supreme Member

Well since she comes here and reads this....

Let me tell you somethign stacey, no one is trashing your company, you do that well enough by yourself. Were merely opening peoples eyes before they make the same mistake we had to by going through your poor quality of customer service. You obviously don't care about your customers as soon as the money is in your hands. Take your company and shove it, there are plenty of others who do provide quality service and parts for our vehicles.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:19 PM
TGO Supporter

I finally got my visors today; 73 days after I placed my order online. They look to be great quality and were sealed in plastic... but came in a used box for Metro door seals, and are for a hardtop car, not a ttop. C'est la vie, I'll make it work. I'm glad this fiasco is over. Now I can finally move on to finishing my headliner article, and probably do the weatherstripping on the t-tops as well.

Next stop: Hawk's! For a nice t-top bar.

Last edited by CaysE; 08-01-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

Yea its just ridiculous. This lady must have bigger ***** than me to say that the company records every one of thier phone calls. It takes them 73 days to figure out something hasn't been shipped and takes a complaining customer to get them moving and then they have the ***** to ask the customer why he is giving the company such bad word of mouth? Its ridiculous and the sad part? This isn't the only occurance. Bunch of idiots.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:27 PM

Car: 82 S/E WS6
Engine: LG4 305 4BBL
Transmission: M24 B/W 4 Speed
I was going to order some parts from TGR, but after finding the majority of posts about them negative plus getting kicked off TGO, They wont see as much as 1 red cent from me!

"Customer Service" is one word! Thanks to all here at TGO for saving me from a potential headache

Quick Reply: fbodymotorsports.com (a definite "NO")