Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Boycott F-Body Motorsports!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Boycott F-Body Motorsports!

Update on FBMS. Today I actually spoke with a person. So I know they are there. His name was Evan. He seemed very genuine and willing to help me. He looked up my order and said it had no item # and was listed as misc parts and thats why it has not been ordered. Then I asked about the price of shipping being way more than the web site says and he said he is going to try and get shipping refunded so I dont have such a bad taste in my mouth about them. I guess time will tell. I will give them till mid next week and start over again.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 355 SD TPI
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 Posi

Originally Posted by USAFretired
Master_disaster, the problem is that no matter how many emails you send and how many times you call they will never respond. Thats the main reason people are so pissed off. If one person there would have stepped up and said hey sorry we charged you $38 instead of the advertised $16 for shipping I would have let it go. Of course that is if I would have ever got the part I ordered. Never was ordered according to SLP and it is in stock. I think 1.5 months is way longer than it should be for a stock item. Ordered a part from Summit Tuesday and got it Wednesday. So how do they know it will be $38 if it was never ordered. Being from Central PA I cant do much with them except the routes I have already taken. BBB, Federal Trade Commission and filed a fraud claim against my MC debit with the bank. Any other ideas or locals want to get involved please do. Also they should not be bankrupt since all they do is take money and never send the parts.
oh beleive me im not trying to argue with you on that, id be livid. Personally i just go through summit or hawks just in case ya know?> if the parts are a bit more expensive theyll work with ya and if they cant atleast you have peace of mind knowing they'll be held accountable for their actions. I just wanted to kinda throw it out there that theyre obviously still floating by on dirty business tricks and even though they SHOULD be shut down because they have shown repetative screw ups and neglect to their customers the chances of us doing that is slim, at the very least though everyone deserves their money back, ALL of it, including insane charges, and we should just walk away from the establishment which im sure everyone is all for once you get your money back from them. I think if we had a local TGO member that was willing to compile all the info and pay them a nice visit to their door it might sway the situation but who knows?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Car: 1986 Chevy Silverado
Engine: 350 Crate
Transmission: Turbo 400 w/ shift kit
Axle/Gears: dana60/corp14 4.10 gears

What gets me is that this thread was started over a year ago and people still use them??? My other thing is for the people who live 150 miles or less to there. GROW A SACK AND GO OVER THERE. Ill tell you what if I lived anyway within 250 miles of it I would be there. I have a POS Camaro that I have spent ALOT of time and money one and if I got screwed I would be on my way there my self. I am not trying to sounds like a hard @$$ but sometimes you gotta stand up for your friends. As corny as this sounds everyone on this website is a friend. So thats my 2 bits.

Have a great weekend....

...also remember GO DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

Trey

---------------- Now playing: Big and Rich - Jalapeno via FoxyTunes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 383 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 B&M Hammer Shifter
Axle/Gears: Stock Posi

Damn it... new to the board and like a stupid fish... I got snagged before I searched!

They got my loot for a 91 Z28 lower spoiler reproduction.. 6 weeks ago... they keep saying its in production. I am going to wait until Thursday until I drop the BBB reference and then say Im also contacting the NC State Attorney's Office and my credit card to stop payment/refund
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2001FZ1
After getting messed with for the last 6 weeks, I decided to do a little searching for youngsfbody.com and found this thread. I should have searched before placing an order.

on 07/21/2008 placed an order for the right Door Switch Trim Piece and both Door Handle Bezels. The handle bezels came to the house quickly but not the switch trim piece. I called to see what the deal was ~ on back order. I also asked about the left side door switch trim piece and was told they could get it so I order that. The credit card was immediately charged. 2 weeks later I called to see what the deal was and Denise told me they could NOT get the left side, a refund would be made and they would ship out the right side that day. 2 weeks later I see nothing so I called again. I was told the same damn thing! I called again today 9/9/2008 and talked to some guy name "TR". Supposedly he is going to make it happen ~ one piece ship out, the money returned for the other part they can't get.

If I don't see a refund on my credit card with in 2 days, I am calling the credit card company and making a dispute. I am also thinking about buying what little they sell on ebay and then never paying. http://stores.ebay.com/fbody-legacy8202 What can they do, call the Ebay police?? Ha ha. I just want them to have a hassle!

How freak'n hard is to ship an item that is in stock and refund $32 for a part you can't get?

Never again will these guys steal my money!
As a follow up to this post. I haven't heard a word from these guys after leaving 2 messages. I called the credit card company and filed a charge dispute. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask them how they like paying the fee from the credit card company? They should have just sent my "in stock" part and returned "unavailable" part.

I hope they go out of business.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM

I sent them a nasty-gram three days ago demanding a satisfactory resolution... got a read reciept from the e-mail no contact. I gave them a final notice just now... if not Im contacting the credit card co., the BBB, and the NC State Attorney's Office.

If anyone else would like me to present their info to any of those groups let me know..
a couple liner on here or an e-mail would work.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Lucky14, Call today and ask for Evan. I dont know if it will help but he seemed like the only one that gives a s**t. He is in college all week and only there on Fridays I guess. That being said I spoke to him last Friday and I still dont have my part or the refunded shipping he promised me. T.R. is the owner and he always say you have to talk to someone else. I dont think he knows anything about running a business. I called yesterday and spoke with him. All he said was he knew they were putting a rush on a CAI. Couldnt tell me any more except to call Friday for Evan. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 trans am / 67 gto
Engine: 350TPI
Transmission: AUTO
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt

sounds like these people REALLY SUCK!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA Vert & 1991 GTA 5 Speed
Engine: 87 GTA-L98 91 GTA LB9
Transmission: GTA-700R4 & GTA T5

Hey Mongoose:

I meet TR and Evan over there. The entire experience was 180 degrees diff from anything I have read on this thread. I discovered this thread after I took my car over there.

I went back a few days later and told them about what I was reading on the thread. They are fully aware of the post on here. They have been reading them.

Bottom line for me was they refered me to another shop that deals in automotive wiring and hot rods. Thats my cars issue because the folks I left my car with previously really screwed my car up.

Drove it to the other shop and they have it now and they seem to be pros at what they do judging by the other projects they have going on. Hopefully Ill get my car back next week sometime.

As far as Youngs F-Body goes my experience was totally diff from everything described on this thread. They didnt even charge me after spending about 3 hrs looking over my car. They could have done the work but knew that this other shop could do it cheaper.

My feeling is if you are within reasonable driving distance just go to the shop and talk to these guys. They will talk to you. I know that there are hard earned dollars involved and that can get you mad real quick but just go a chat with them (with civility) I think you could get better results. If you are to far away not quite sure what to suggest beyond asking for a refund if you dont get satisfaction which appears like most of you have done that already.

Theres my

Mongoose one of these days this car will be road dependable and Ill maybe come up to Sonic one Sat if you are still meeting up there.

Last edited by Slowridr; 09-19-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 PM

As I do strive to be FAIR-

I did receive an e-mail back today. Seems as thought the lady I was dealing with doesn’t work there anymore. I did receive a .PDF copy of my receipt with a request to confirm the shipping information. I just hope the communication stays there and I get my part... its been over 6 weeks.

As I have told them a number of times I gladly work with small businesses (service is usually better) and that companies that deal with NOS and hard to find reproductions are a niche business and need to be supported. If my situation is resolved I am not beyond giving them a second chance on a smaller order. I am just nervous with the amount of $$$ wrapped up in it.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 350 TBI W/all Ultimate TBI Mods
Transmission: 700R4 Stage 4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 3.27

I agree with you completely about giving second chances. I own a business and will always support the small guy if possible, but.........

14 weeks and still no headliner and NO REFUND. Talked to him (Evan?) 10 days ago and he said message thru the website as to get a "case number". Well, I did and still NO response other than an automated email with a case number. No reason as to why i have not been refunded or received my headliner.

Honesty is all I ask for. When a business (Young's F-Body, F-Body Motorsports) deals with an outside vendor(headliner manufacturer) and they rely on them for a particular product and that product is NEVER delivered to them or the customer in an acceptable time frame, the business (F-Body) should immediately secure another vendor/source for the product or PROMPTLY refund the customer.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK of a business? Honestly, is that too much to ask for? Am I being unreasonable? I know I am not their only customer, but 14 weeks??? Plenty of time for ANY business to sucessfully resolve a simple issue. Right?

From week 6 to today I have called weekly and mostly spoke with a woman. No calls back to update or inform me of the status. The only contact has been initiated by me. I have been very pleasant and understanding on the phone until recently.

There is NO WAY a manufacturer could take 14 weeks to produce an ABS Black headliner. Come on now!!! The demand for abs headliners in this country CAN'T be that high. There are NUMEROUS manufacturers and unfortunately, I found a business associated with the wrong manufacturer.

I have heard numerous individuals who have ordered theirs from others and it only took 1-2 weeks and at max 1 month.

I was charged $255 for the headliner kit and $70.00 up front for shipping. I was told shipping would be no more than $50 and NOT billed until the item was shipped to me. That was June 17, 2008 when i ordered and when i was charged for both.

Sorry guys for venting on here. I am glad for those of you that live close enough to get the response you deserve which is excellent customer service.

I believe the heart of Young's F-Body is right, but they are struggling with proper management and organizational skills.

I have owned my business for 14 years and it would deeply hurt me to see/hear what has been said on this board if it were my business. I honestly don't think the intent of this thread is to destroy or tear down F-Body Motorsports, but to inform them in a public forum that it's time to manage things better.

You guys have a GOLD MINE with Young's F-Body and if managed properly could be a huge success.

Please help us out?

Anybody who lives close to them can you go by and get my money for me??? LOL!!!! I will pay you $50!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! JUST KIDDING

Last edited by dctrumpet; 09-19-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Yea I think we were talking to the same woman... who is not working there. I completely agree with you DC.

Resolve supply problems, increase your communication/follow up with your customers about delays. I ordered my part trying to line up stage 2 of my build and now I will be lucky if it shows up WHEN I needed.

What frustrates me more is that it was shown IN STOCK when ordered. Then a footnote in my reciept read 4-6 weeks. I don't mind the wait.... only if there was MORE communication. Such as-

" Mr. So&So the supplier is XXX, in XXXX who said they should complete the order from DATE XXX to XXX. Which means you should get it soon.

No communication with a generic date is unacceptable. Espically after multiple inquires.

I just hope that this recent follow up is a new leaf to turn over.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 PM

I was hoping to have my interior done for a show this weekend. That hasn't happened.

I was thrilled to see my new seats that Princess did for me (birdsandbowties.com) and couldn't wait to get them in, but have to wait until i get my headliner in, etc.

I completely understand that this economy has impacted many, many businesses financially. It trickles down to even the smallest of businesses. Unfortunately, most don't have the financial reserves to recover or to operate efficiently. I think F-body may have some financial issues and this could potentially be resolved with excellent customer service and communication.

Lucky... You are right. Communication is the KEY to any relationship and that translates in to a business/customer relationship as well. We will all understand and put up with more if there was equal communication.

Last edited by dctrumpet; 09-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Car: 90 Formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.27

Originally Posted by DayShaVuGTA
Hey Mongoose:

I meet TR and Evan over there. The entire experience was 180 degrees diff from anything I have read on this thread. I discovered this thread after I took my car over there.

I went back a few days later and told them about what I was reading on the thread. They are fully aware of the post on here. They have been reading them.

Bottom line for me was they refered me to another shop that deals in automotive wiring and hot rods. Thats my cars issue because the folks I left my car with previously really screwed my car up.

Drove it to the other shop and they have it now and they seem to be pros at what they do judging by the other projects they have going on. Hopefully Ill get my car back next week sometime.

As far as Youngs F-Body goes my experience was totally diff from everything described on this thread. They didnt even charge me after spending about 3 hrs looking over my car. They could have done the work but knew that this other shop could do it cheaper.

My feeling is if you are within reasonable driving distance just go to the shop and talk to these guys. They will talk to you. I know that there are hard earned dollars involved and that can get you mad real quick but just go a chat with them (with civility) I think you could get better results. If you are to far away not quite sure what to suggest beyond asking for a refund if you dont get satisfaction which appears like most of you have done that already.

Theres my

Mongoose one of these days this car will be road dependable and Ill maybe come up to Sonic one Sat if you are still meeting up there.
I'm glad your experience has been a positive one, almost everyone else has not been so lucky. I personally haven't had any dealings with them since a short time before Jay left. I've been tempted to head up there as they list the Mecham aero tail reproduction being available through them, I've been considering one for my car.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by DayShaVuGTA

If they are reading them, they would realize they are losing business big time. I really want to order the black door panels ($399) they have "in stock" but if they can't ship me an item that is supposedly in stock for the last 6 weeks and return money for an item that is "no longer available" why would i ever do business with them? If they can't handle dealing with people over the internet or on the phone, shut down the web site and disconnect the phone.

If Getting good service is only possible if you go into the shop, they will fail. The economy is crap right now, the first thing people are going to cut is money for their old F-body cars.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:49 PM

2001FZ1.... Checkout www.birdsandbowties.com for your door panels. She can custom design whatever you want for less money than F-Body.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by dctrumpet
2001FZ1.... Checkout www.birdsandbowties.com for your door panels. She can custom design whatever you want for less money than F-Body.
Thanks for the info. I had done some emailing with them about getting my seats redone after seeing a set on ebay. $400 (plus shipping) to get the front seat recovered almost anyway I want with new padding seems like a decent price.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM

You can't beat the price and the quality!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 PM

So I finally got my part today. Evan is a stand up guy. He said he will send me a check for my shipping refund. I hope they turn things around there. Good luck to all.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA Vert & 1991 GTA 5 Speed
Engine: 87 GTA-L98 91 GTA LB9
Transmission: GTA-700R4 & GTA T5

Good to see they got your situation taken care of. I really hate to see businesses struggle, owning one myself I know its hard to handle some circumstances sometimes.

Thats life though and we must all figure out our way whether we own a business or not.

I wish them success also.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM

I orderd an SS fiberglass hood. Took 4months a 3 weeks to arrive! How gay. And im in Iowa so shouldnt of been that huge of a wait. And i payed $475 then was like $190 shipping!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Yesterday I even got my shipping refund check in the mail. So My SLP CAI ended up costing me $250. Lot of hassle but Evan was a stand up guy. Like I said I would only ever talk to him if I had to order from them again.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:42 PM

I got an e-mail with a pdf copy of the order last Friday.. no answer to my reply of that e-mail... called everyday this week.... no answer and the voicemail is full. Ill call tomorrow and then Im done with it.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC-Z
Engine: 370 LSX, LS3 Top End
Transmission: Built T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" Aluminum Center 3.89's

This is why i bought from Hawks Third gen. Parts came in 6 days, yes i said 6 days which i think is really good, at a good price and good quality. next time Buy from Hawks, they're also a board sponsor.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:30 PM

It looks like my situation has finally be fixed, thanks to Chase Credit Card. I filed a disputed against F-body Motorsports and a few days later i received a letter in the mail stating my card will be refunded. What a big hassle.

Thanks again Chase!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 AM

Here is a link to file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

It has been 17 weeks today and I still have NO headliner and NO refund. Filed a claim online with F-body as suggested by them. I received a case# on 9/10/08. Got no response on that and after 2 weeks I finally got a hold of the "owner". He stated he would refund my money and it would take 10 days to "show up/process". That's been 3 weeks ago and NOTHING yet. I have called 22 times in the past 2 weeks and have NEVER been able to speak with anyone. Either their answering machine is full or they don't return calls when i leave messages.

I have filed formal complaints with the FTC, BBB, IRS and with the local State's Attorneys office in Charlotte, NC.

I own a business. It takes all of 25 seconds to issue a refund via a credit card machine and 2-3 business days for the credit to show up on the consumers card.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Car: 89 Camaro, 94 z-71,98 Camaro
Engine: none, 350 tbi.sixxer
Transmission: none, 4l60e,auto
Axle/Gears: none, 3.73

I'm not sure if I'm correct or not, but I believe F-body motorsports is no longer. I live just outside Charlotte and went by the old location and it was gone. I believe that Roy Fender sold out to whomever owns Youngs F-Body also of Charlotte.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Same company
Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Car: 86 IROC-Z
Engine: 97 LT1
Transmission: T56

Sounds like I can kiss my money and headliner good bye, S$%#. I have called and emailed, and gotten the same treatment I am reading about. I am suprised they are still in business this thread started a long time age. They won't see my business again.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Boycott these a-holes....

2 weeks after the last communication... still no part after nearly 3 months

The voicemail box has been full for over a week... no answer to e-mails...

I live in ANOTHER state but I AM going to get my money back.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 PM

UPDATE:

Still nothing and it's been 18 weeks since i PAID for and ORDERED my headliner. Official investigations have been submitted.

Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires Mail Order companies (such as Young's F-body) to automatically cancel backordered items after a specific period of time. Usually after 6-8 weeks.

YOUNG'S F-Body do you NOT KNOW that you are in complete FTC violation? This thread has been submitted to the FTC and there have been NUMEROUS complaints filed with the FTC among other Federal and Government agencies. This thread alone could cause you to lose the ability to operate.

Are you guys seriously wanting that?

QUESTIONS:
Why do you NOT answer your phone?
Why do you NOT return your messages?
Why is your answering machine always full?
Why does your message state NOT to leave a message as you want to talk to all of your customers one on one????
Why do you NOT reply to your emails?
Why do you NOT follow up with your online inquiries? as we are instructed to do by YOU!!!!
Why do you continue to IGNORE all of us?

How public do you want this thread to be? I am simply asking a question that is so easily answered. Either you want this to become public (more than it is now) or a better response would be resolve all issues immediately when the arise?

Too much to ask? No, it is not. It's a very simple business plan of action...
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM

DAMN

I ordered a headliner from this company back in August never thought to do research on them since I had seen they were sponsors back here in the past. I ordered from www.youngsfbody.com a new headliner for my car. I called 2 weeks later and they said it was in production and would take 4-6 weeks. It is now 8 weeks I am calling up my card and filing a complaint asap.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM

Well still no answer to date. LAst communication was almost 3-4 weeks ago. No read response from my e-mails, I filed a complaint with the BBB and they have contacted the bums.... if they don't call back... then its credit card dispute time, then lawyer time.

As a side note... called classic industries... ordered the SAME PART for LESS then f-body motorsports YESTERDAY and got a FED-ex message with the tracking number saying it will be here mid next week!

CLASSIC INDUSTRIES you ROCK

F body motorsports you SUCK
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 AM

lucky14 don't waste your time with the BBB. I filed a complaint with them a few months ago with verizon and they contacted verizon and guess what they still were not able to solve anything.

Call up your credit card and tell them what happened and to file a charge back asap.

PS not for nothing but Classic Industries is RIDICULOUSLY over priced for almost every item I have ever looked at for my camaro. I can only imagine in like 10 years what they will charge for parts. You think vendors would realize that over charging for parts is a kill for most normal folks.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM

Official steps to file a complaint:

Contact the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Dept. and file a police report 704-336-2352

They will in turn figure out what type of charges to file and will then forward it on to the District Attorney's office - Attorney Peter Gilchrist:

District 26
Mecklenburg County
700 East Trade Street, 2nd Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 347-7891

Anyone want to join please call the police dept and give them your contact information.

Almost 19 weeks and no headliner and no refund. It has been 4 weeks since i spoke with the owner who promised me a refund...

Like I said before official complaints have been filed on them with multiple agencies.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:23 PM

www.IC3.gov

This website is a Federal site designed to file complaints against online business, etc.

In my opinion the more complaints against Young's F-Body via this Federal website the faster it will be resolved.

When you contact the Charlotte Mecklenburg PD they will assign you a complaint# and an officer is assigned to the case. Takes a few days for this to happen.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 AM

From what i know not too many of you have filed formal complaints with anybody but your credit card companies. That is why Young's F-Body is still doing what they are doing to everyone.

Simple steps...

1. Call the police in Charlotte and file a report. Numbers listed above
2. Go to the FTC website and file a complaint. Info listed above
3. Go to www.IC3.gov and file a complaint
4. Better Business Bureau if you want, but filing a complaint with them doesn't stop the company from operating and continuing to deceive and steal from us. How many of you (including me) searched the BBB to see the reputation of F-Body Motorsports/Young's F-Body prior to ordering products? NONE! LOL That's why I/you are in this position!

Like I have said in earlier threads, I don't want to see a business destroyed, but we have to put a stop to unethical and potentially fraudulent activity when we know about it.

Let's protect our future thirdgen friends. PLEASE? Let's do something about F-Body/Young's F-Body.

A message to F-Body/Young's F-body....
Please communicate with us...
Please be upfront and honest with us...
Please refund our money when we ask especially when we don't receive the product after MONTHS of waiting
Please answer your phone
Please listen to your messages
Please clear your voicemessage box so others can leave messages.

Is this too much to ask a business who is in the business of serving others? No, it is a simple and ethical request.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 AM

I ordered floor mats from them it took almost 4 months before i got them. i called every day for bout 3 weeks before they answered
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45

oh my freaking jeezus, and i used to check this site out!!
glad i never ordered anything from them. good luck getting this place condemned
Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1990 IROC-Z (De-Badged-Carbon Hood)
Engine: Superram 383
Transmission: T-56 w/upgraded Viper Internals
Axle/Gears: 3.73 18x8 and 18x11 irocs

Wholly shitt man...what a bunch of crooks! Karma is a bitchh. They will get what is coming to them, in this life or the next.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM

I still call them DAILY. Still a full answering machine about 99% of the time. I was able to leave message yesterday. Did it really matter? LOL!!! NO!!!

Well, I will keep everyone posted on the FTC, IC3.gov, district attorney and the police department investigations.

Maybe i am wasting my time? If the rest of you haven't filed complaints then we should continue to allow them to do business?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:04 PM

I filed my IC3 complaint tonight... still no reply or or phone call from F-body.

As far as Classic Industries.. I got the hard to find lower 91-92 Z28 front spoiler. I also got it for $165 plus $15 shipping...

compare to USED e-bay pieces going for 189+ shipping or trying to find them anywhere else I find it very reasonable. The sales person was very knowledgable and the parts came within 7 business days... They threw in a free 1969-2002 Fbody book with over 900 pages with lots of 3 gen parts... all reasonable priced even cheaper than year one.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Z28
Engine: L69 305 H.O.
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Maybe i am wasting my time? If the rest of you haven't filed complaints then we should continue to allow them to do business?
What did the cops say when you filed your complaint? Did it sound something like "Well, we'll see what we can do, but it sounds like a civil situation." Am I close? This business will eventually go out of business. They're probably filling the bigger orders first. They're more like a cataloge company. They wait until they get multiple orders until they purchase the parts from their supplier. They probably have no credit with their supplier so they can never buy in advance. They have to have all of the money up front. They're all about high volume. They can't meet their profit margin one order at a time so they have to wait until they get multiple orders. So for instance, if you order a headliner in January they might have to wait until March until they have maybe 25-35 orders for headliners where the supplier will sell to them at a discounted price. Then they hold everyone at bay until they get enough orders to make it worth their while. Contrary to what they say, they probably have no inventory at all. The reason guys might get their parts sooner than others is because they're getting a part that was cancelled by another dissatisfied customer and the part was laying around. Sooner than later it will fall like a house of cards, 1. because they lose business from poor practices, and 2. Their suppliers get tired of dealing with them and they can't get the parts, and 3. Then they have to look for other suppliers who sell inferior products and the customer is dissatisfied anyways and won't buy from them again. You can not run a business succesfully if you don't have return customers.

Last edited by Kevin84Z28; 11-01-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Kevin...

I do understand business as I have owned one for 14 years now. I agree with you about how some operate due to cash flow issues, etc. Unfortunately, it's still deceptive and plain fraudulent activity. 5 months today since I ordered and paid for the headliner and shipping.

This is my last and final post with regards to this thread.

To be honest with you and everyone else on this board let's just close this thread. What good has it done? Officially, as of today there have only been 2 official complaints that mean anything at all. Mine is one and I have no clue who the other is. If you guys are not going to file official complaints with the Charlotte PD, IC3.gov, FTC then please don't waste your time on here. I am not trying to be a jerk, but let's do something about this? If official complaints would have been filed 1.5 years ago when this thread started then there is a great chance...... nevermind!

Good luck to all of you who have dealt with F-Body/Young's and have been royally taken by them. Good luck to all of you who will continue to buy and who don't know of this thread yet because this company still exists and operates in lies, deceptive and fraudulent practices.

Sorry for the attitude in this post, but I am tired of no one else doing anything about this thread and business.

Thank you to all who have supported this thread. If by posting this past month, one person didn't get taken by them, then I guess this post was worth it.

Good Luck my friends. My quest to prosecute is fully underway and I will not back off this.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM

Interesting!

http://charlotte.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Sit...age=6&art=2612
----------
http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...6/daily13.html
----------
http://archive.charlotte.bbb.org/CCo...August2007.htm

Last edited by dctrumpet; 11-05-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 AM

http://www.complaintsboard.com/suspi...ts-a60251.html
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 01' LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt auburn pro posi, 4.10 gears

you should have ordered it from classic industries. Its a bigger and better restoration company. good luck btw, i hope you get justice.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 PM

Well I am the other second OFFICAL complaint

Please go to IC3.gov like the other poster said... it only takes 3-5 minutes... and it forwards it automatically to every law enformcent agency thats needs to be informed...
Do it
----------
As of note..

BBB has not been able to reach F body motorsports by phone, mail or in person...

NEWSFLASH FILE YOUR IC3 complaint and get the boys an girls in blue after these *******s.

Filing against your MC/VISA isn't going to work if the guy has closed up shop!
TRUST ME... MC can't get ahold of the guy.... so its IC3 or NOTHING!

Last edited by lucky14; 11-12-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM

Car: 89 Camaro, 94 z-71,98 Camaro
Engine: none, 350 tbi.sixxer
Transmission: none, 4l60e,auto
Axle/Gears: none, 3.73

Official steps to file a complaint:

Contact the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Dept. and file a police report 704-336-2352

They will in turn figure out what type of charges to file and will then forward it on to the District Attorney's office - Attorney Peter Gilchrist:

District 26
Mecklenburg County
700 East Trade Street, 2nd Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 347-7891

Anyone want to join please call the police dept and give them your contact information.

Almost 19 weeks and no headliner and no refund. It has been 4 weeks since i spoke with the owner who promised me a refund...

Like I said before official complaints have been filed on them with multiple agencies.

I hope the best to everyone who has filed with Charlotte- Mecklenburg police..... when my T/A was broke into the thieves took my cell and used it.... I called CMPD and it took them 2 months to return a phone call ..... which was long enough for my stuff to be sold...... hope things work for ya!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Z28
Engine: L69 305 H.O.
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

You waited 2 months to hear back from them? Don't they have a business window?

Quick Reply: Boycott F-Body Motorsports!