Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Camaro at a J-body show

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 09:13 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
No offense, Hawaiian, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion... even if it is hate. A response like yours is perpetuating the same negative connotation, except it's being aimed at people that don't like the car now. Josh or Metalli will lock it if it gets out of hand.

But anyway... I just noticed the headunit in the center vents. First time I've actually seen it.
Attached Thumbnails Camaro at a J-body show-jbody031.jpg  
Old 10-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never seen that either...looks ok..but ide rather just have in the stock location...

ps....what the hell is in the stock location?
pss...why is the e-brake handle at such a sharp angle?

Last edited by megaracerx; 10-09-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:41 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by megaracerx
never seen that either...looks ok..but ide rather just have in the stock location...

ps....what the hell is in the stock location?
pss...why is the e-brake handle at such a sharp angle?
Looks like a slab of aluminum? No idea...

(It's PPS, not PSS): The ebrake cable needs to be tightened or the rear brake does.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
Originally posted by CaysE
No offense, Hawaiian, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion... even if it is hate. A response like yours is perpetuating the same negative connotation, except it's being aimed at people that don't like the car now. Josh or Metalli will lock it if it gets out of hand.

But anyway... I just noticed the headunit in the center vents. First time I've actually seen it.
Yes, people are entitled to their own opinion and they will voice it. Not everyone is going to like something as radically done as that. The majority of the members on this board have similar tastes, thats why we own these cars and not imports. I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. If I liked the wide open nose, flashy stickers, wings, etc., I would have bought an import. But I like polished rims, understated paint jobs with power under the hood and deep, rumbly exhaust so I chose to own an American car. Every time someone posts a picture of a wild thirdgen that most of us are not going to like, you say that we are all close minded. I'm not close minded, but I know what I like and what I don't like. Everyone has tastes. Just because someone doesn't like something does not mean they are close minded.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:33 AM
TGO Supporter

I just had a thought about that center console... it looks like there's foil on there, so I'm going to guess he's prepping to glass it for a center channel speaker. I could be way off base though.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally posted by CaysE
(It's PPS, not PSS):

dur..and i think another reason this car get more **** then other is because its inbetween a cavi and some other compact...is it was between two thirdgens it would have gone over better

Last edited by megaracerx; 10-10-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Well at least it looks like the front end is fitting better compared to the pics from that other thread...

I would want to see the car completed before I make any Final judgements.

I'm not a big fan of the vent b/w the headlights, or the black piece that is in the front nose area (looks like hanging rubber in the pics)
Old 10-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
Humm, i never meant for any hard trash talking against different styles that people have.

I am not narrow minded either. I wouldnt do what he did, cuz thirdgens in my opinion look good with the stock styled ground effects. Minor changes in the stock ground effects would look better but to go all out and completely change the look of a car is a completely different thing. i dont think the styling goes good with the body of a thirdgen. The paint is not my thing either unless it was a chamelean (sp?) style which i dont think it is. The speaker setup is a good idea if you have roll cage/and or cant use the back seats. Might as well put something in there. LOL

Muscle cars and american sports cars in general have an image. They are known for their history of performance and styling. Stock styling. Adding hoods, wheels, and paint are appearance mods to bring out the styling. Ground effects transform a car into a new animal and I dont see that as being practical or necessary for these cars.
I do like 4th gens and ground effects cuz frankly, they dont look great stock. WS6 is a fine looking car but camaro cousins are not really anything special. thirdgens have a unique style to them. Boxy and angled, yet curves in all the right places. It should be kept that way IMO.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
No offense taken, but you have to admit that there is a difference between voicing an opinion and straight up hating on someone. I know its inevitable that people will have different opinions, but its how people voice these opinions that make me wonder. What also makes me wonder is why the mods let this happen. This time it only took three replies before the name calling started. Good job guys. So you dont like the look, fine. But I dont see why you guys have to get personal. Assuming that the owner is an idiot and he does stuff "the wrong way" because he is into a different look. Thats the only reason I posted what I posted. And yes I do consider it close minded that people cannot seem to appreciate the ammount of work that has gone into a project simply because they do not agree with the style. It has nothing to do with liking it or hating it. That guy is putting a lot of time and work into his THIRDGEN. I think he deserves at least a little respect.

:hail: :lala:

Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 10-11-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:12 PM
TGO Supporter

I usually don't consider r1cer as a bad word, but it IS name-calling, which clearly violates the rules. Nick on the other hand (the third replyer) said the car is r1ce, not the owner, so I'm not really against it. But all in all, I don't moderate this forum, so I'm gonna shut my mouth. LOL :lala:

Namecallers be forewarned, though.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Supreme Member

i like it...wouldn't build it or buy it but i'd look at it. different is fun.

Old 12-08-2004, 06:55 AM

Car: 92 Camaro (R)eally(S)tock
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto 700r4
I am crying. Which is also looks like what the car is doing.

Camaros are supposed to look mean and aggresive not rounded and "runs off of bubbles appearence, or ****"
Old 12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: 350 TPI L98 block
Transmission: 700R4
oh yeah.. this ones going on the wall of weird in my gallery.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:08 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 355
I know I haven't been a member of this board for very long but I am going to have to agree with "CrazyHawaiian" on this one. If this was a person we talked about instead of a car calling it ***** and other things it would be considered racism. There is such a thing as constructive criticism and we should all know how to use itand practice it.
What if this guy came to our site because he was having a problem with his car and seen the things that some of us had to say about it do you think he'd want our help or think we where a bunch of idiots that could not or would not at least appreciate his time and effort not to mention the skill it took to do what he has done to his car.
Granted I'm not big on the style of the car but at the same time I will say this guy busted his a** building this car and for that he deserve some respect and not to be degraded because of his style.
So I guess what I'm tring to say is we should all try to be adults here because even though we don't agree with what somebody does to a thrid gen they may have information that could help us all in the long run.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: 350 TPI L98 block
I once had such optimism for truth, justice and the american way, but a sick reality made itself evident. This is the internet where these ideals are neither enforced nor respected. No one is forced to be real on the web, so any expectations that common courtesy, let alone respect, should be given are slightly dillusional.

An understanding that I understand .

Every thought is an opinion, every idea is an opinion. This extends especially to Facts, as they are simply opinions that are widely accepted to be true. Whether they can be proven or not is irrelavent as I still maintain the choice to believe.

example.

It is a fact that being the president of the united states generally means that you are a great leader, and capable of representing the United States eloquently.

It is a fact that George w. Bush is our current re-elected president. This fact makes that first statement an opinion as bush is not that man.

At any rate, all things are opinions, facts are what you choose to believe.

That car is ****. hopefully its a V6.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
its generally assumed that "muscle" cars and/or 'Pony' cars are not to be represented like that. they have a certain unwritten code that preserves the look that the factory gave them. thats why they are classics.

that whole craze of body appearance has started with advent of import tuner scene and to a great extent the The Fast and The Furious movie.

i can almost say for a fact that you wouldnt see ground effects kits like that on a car like our thirdgens 5-10years ago. untill most recently, all kinds of companies are making body kits for all kinds of cars. some cars should not have these kits, and i mean the insanely styled, agressive angular cut ground effects like the above pictures

. these are completely the wrong look for our cars. the 85-92 style Iroc-Z28 effects are great and really fit the look. thirdgens are beautiful stock and you cant really change that look with some ground effects kits that are designed for imports. it is a complete mismatch of parts and styles.

although i do give credit to what the guy/girl put into that car and its far from done, but its the vast minority of people who actually like that look when it comes to domestics. most domestic muscle are suppose to have a american muscle car look. and imports are completely on the other side of the spectrum. whats import should stay import and vice versa. its apples to oranges... both fruit but of different breed...

although some imports to me look decent and i respect them, i still own a thirdgen which signals my preference in car styling/performance. although i will probly own an import, american cars will always be a major part of me. thats what i grew up with and thats what i love.

---all statements above represent the opinion of Orr89rocz and are not to be taken as fact---
Old 12-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
Well I dont want to make this get "out of hand" and beat a dead horse, but I dont think there is such a thing as a pre-determined style for anything. I think everyone who is into modifying their ride has a certain look that they like, a certain look that they will try to emulate, regardless of what type of car/truck they have. And I say they should go for it, do what they want, do what makes THEM happy. This is how styles like the new "Pro-Touring" get started. Of course, others might not agree with that style, might not like that style, and thats fine. The opinion that they form is based off the style that they prefer, and if the two styles are different, then the opinions will clash. That is just how it is, happens everywhere, happens all the time. But hopefully both people can be mature enough to realize that their preferred styles do not match, and thats that. Move on to the next car. Hopefully they wouldnt feel the need to take it to the next level and start insulting eachother, as to somehow show that the style they prefer is better in some way, shape, or form. We can only hope right?

When I first saw this car I knew right away that he was not into the performance scene. I would not consider this a "tuner" camaro by any means. I dont think he realy cares about performance, at all. The audio system, wheels, and overall appearance scream "all show" to me. I see a car that someone has built specifically for shows. The type of shows that include lowriders, sport trucks, or other slammed cars w/ oversized wheels and wild paintjobs, and include events like SPL sound-off, or hydro/airbag hopping contests. People do wild modifications to their cars/trucks and everyone checks it out. In this scene, going wild is good, so I think his car is doing a great job. This is the type of show that I'm sure alot of you would never goto, so its understandable that nobody likes it. He is not going for any type of style you guys seem to prefer, so comparing them is pointless. I just wish people would move on instead of typing rubbish comments. Leave the thread clean for those of us that do appreciate this style and wish to comment on the mods without having to read through rubbish. I'm sure you guys would get irritated too if I came up with some silly insult for cars that I deem "too stock" and started posting it everwhere. Things like that get irritating after reading them over and over ... and over.

Oh and BTW, IBTL!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
The thread survived when it was originally posted, but now that its back, it didn't last long.