Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Nicest Car On The Board

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: '85 IrocZ
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Nicest Car On The Board

Originally Posted by AmorgetRS
No, Thirdgen.org is owned by Internet Brands now. They also normally let us be, they don't chime in much on day to day operations.
oh i didn't know that, interesting
Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 350 hsr
Transmission: 700R4(blown)
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Here are some rules from other forums that might help us out over here.
RULES FROM jeepforum.com

Here are the rules of the game, if you cannot follow them to the exact dot - you will be automatically disqualified for the month.

RULES:

*updated*
• LJ Unlimiteds will be allowed every month regardless
• All pictures submitted must be hosted on your own with working links or you will be disqualified. (URL's only please, [IMG] tags not required)
• ALL PICTURES must be 800x600 or larger or widescreen equivalent (we will come for you when the year is winding down for a high resolution picture for the calendar) Please submit high quality pictures, your chance at winning could possibly be lessened by a poor quality picture.
• You are allowed to submit a maximum of 3 pictures for entries, if submitted more than 3 we will pick 3 at random.
• ANY pictures posted in the submission or build thread will not qualify for entry, all entries must be sent to the provided Email address
• There are NO classes, if you did not win because you got beat out by someone on 1 tons and 42" tires. I'm sorry, but they wont be able to enter next month so try again.
• Winners cannot enter again till the following year
• Those who did not win can resubmit as many times as they want in the following months
• (OPTIONAL) along with your 3 pictures you can send in a list of specifications and a story on how it came to be, so if you got something sweet let us know what it is!
• At the end of the year all jeeps that won the previous months will be automatically entered for TJ of The Year. those 12 entries will be voted on for 10 days concluding on new years eve with the new winner. (decembers contest will be shortened slightly to allow TJoTY) Those final 12 will be put in a Calander for all members to purchase. the top 3 TJ of The Year winners will be awarded Premium 1 year memberships on JF
• Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. those caught bad mouthing others in the contest will be disqualified
• Posting additional pictures on public forums other than JF will not be tolerated. you are allotted 3 pictures for the contest - keep it that way.
• Company owned or sponsored rigs will not be allowed to submit. it is unfair to everyone else who operates on a budget.
• You may not under any circumstances ask for votes on other forums
• new entrants are given emphasis when being chosen for top 10
• Judges who wish to run in the contest will not be allowed to vote or access the submission website.
• this is not a popularity contest, this is to see who feels who's jeep is the best
• it is your responsibility to help make sure the contest is known about

Please submit your entries in THIS FORMAT, and put your JF user name as the email subject:

Name:
Username:
Mods (optional):
Story (optional):
Pictures:

With that, please send all your entries to : email adress here.
Please do not send your entry twice, if you are having a problem and dont know if your email went through, send a message to any of the following permanent judges and they will check the email account to see if its there. The voting thread will be locked on the 18th, a new thread with the top 10 jeeps submitted will be posted to vote on the 20th. Member voting will be concluded on the 30th at 12PM Eastern Standard Time and the winner of of the month posted.

If you did not correctly fill out your entry or forgot to link your pictures, please resubmit your entry with a 100% identical subject line as the first email you sent. Gmail organizes emails off the same subject line to make it easier on us.

Last edited by toxik IROC; 12-05-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

RULES FROM LS1.COM

Here's a starter list of rules I thought I'd sticky. There will be more added to this as the contest moves along. I will take submissions roughly the first 2 weeks of the month and then the members will vote on a winner the second 2 weeks.

COTM submission rules

1. Must be a GM powered vehicle.

2. Picture must be no larger than 800x600 for the contest.

3. Only 1 picture per member may enter each month.

4. Only 1 car allowed in the picture.

5. Cars only. No one posing with the car.

6. Only 1 vote from your IP will be allowed. If more than one vote is entered from your IP, you will be DQ'd from entering the contest for 2 years.

7. Photoshop enhancements are allowed. Please keep the physical appearance of the car as is. Don't add parts that aren't there and things like that. The background is fair game.

8. A car is only eligible to win every 2 years from the month that you won.

9. The winner will be required to supply a full sized version of their COTM picture for the calendar upon winning. We will also need car/owner info to put in the calendar.

10. You have to be a member of the site to enter (you can't enter a car for a non-member.) The car has to belong to you.

11. You must have at least 10 posts to enter. No email entries... you have to have enough posts to have access to PM's.

12. No campaigning on the site for votes. The whole reason behind using numbers for the cars and not names is to try and cut down on buddy system voting. Any post, PM, or visitor messages that get reported due to people campaigning for votes will result in that car being DQ'd from the contest for that month only.

13. There will be a 5 day window to get your thread to me once you've been voted the winner. After those 5 days it goes to the second place car.

Also keep in mind when you're taking your pictures, to take a few wide angle shots. We need some room around the car so that it'll fit the calendar template a little better.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Supreme Member

R6-Forum Ride of the Month Rules
Here's your chance to be featured on the R6-Forum homepage!

Submissions for RotM will be accepted for the entire month of the contest you wish to enter. Voting will start on the 1st day of the following month and will end at a specified time on the last day. If there is less than 3 bikes submitted for any particular contest, the voting might be postponed until a 3rd bike is entered. To enter your bike, start a new thread beginning with the name of the month for your submission (i.e. January '09 - My 2005 track monster). Comments are welcome on each individual thread! Please include the following information in your post:

Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

The entry must be an R6. You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting will begin on the 15th and end on the last day of the
month. GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Supreme Member

If anyone wants to add rules from other forums ,go for it.We all can pick the best rules and make a better list of rules for 3rd gen of the month!

I would add, please use a Hi res picture/decent camera(could be a point and shoot or a nice dslr )but please no crappy cell phone picture. I can not stand bad pictures

Last edited by toxik IROC; 12-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 Bolt, 3.42

Stage20 gets my vote, very clean and very fast. I like a lot of others too mw66nova, tuneport335, radialtireking, xpndlb3, spike-z to name a few. Its hard to pick just one, there are so many different types of cars that I like for different reasons. There are some nice show cars, brutally fast street cars, race cars, and daily drivers that are nice on this board.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 Posi LS1

Its been a long time since I posted any pics of my car but I still have it. I think it qualifys to be on the list. Not perfect but I can beat the beat the crap out of it and it begs for more

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC00112.jpg

Last edited by seiplentz; 12-05-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 360cu @ 10.5:1
Transmission: T56 - Pro 5.0
Axle/Gears: 4.10 - Zexel Torsen - Moser Axles

Originally Posted by seiplentz
Its been a long time since I posted any pics of my car but I still have it. I think it qualifys to be on the list. Not perfect but I can beat the beat the crap out of it and it begs for more

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC00112.jpg
We've established that in this thread, your car needs to be voted in before you can post about your car. There are several other active threads to post your car freely in and 'works in progress,' but this isn't one of them.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 PM

They do flagship cars on the regalgs boards, here is what they have listed:

We want to take the best cars of RegalGS.org and showcase them. These might be a mix of the fastest, best looking, most transformed, most DIYs, etc...sky's the limit. So, if you think your car has what it takes, submit one thread in this "awaiting approval" section. This can be a build thread, just pictures, a mixture...basically anything you want to tell us WHY you think your car should win. You do NOT need to be an advanced member of this forum to participate, and voting will NOT be biased based on join date or member status. I REPEAT, ANYONE CAN BE VOTED IN!! If someone has an existing thread in some other section that you think will cut it, let a staff member know to move it here and we'll gladly do so.

If you're submitting your car because you think its one of the fastest, must have time slip or video to back it up.

Once a thread is submitted here, the STAFF members of RegalGS will vote it in. Please dont take it personal if your car doesnt make it, but we want the cream of the crop here. Please dont be scared away though, if you think you got it, post it! Not only will you get your own personal thread in this dedicated section, your car will showcase on our banner! You will also get your own title and a link in your sig to your showcase thread! We're coming up with other ideas to reward you for having such an awesome car, so if anyone has more ideas let us know!

Good luck and happy modding!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1990 IROC-Z (De-Badged-Carbon Hood)
Engine: Superram 383
Transmission: T-56 w/upgraded Viper Internals
Axle/Gears: 3.73 18x8 and 18x11 irocs

It would actually be cool to have a 'car of the month' where we could all learn about the specific car and the owner. There are some very special cars on this board that I would love to know more about!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. IROC-Z
It would actually be cool to have a 'car of the month' where we could all learn about the specific car and the owner. There are some very special cars on this board that I would love to know more about!
I like that idea too because it's cool to see how they progress and all the background history about the owner's motive to buy one and modding thought process. It gives people a chance to write a little novel about their car and themselves too haha
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I would be happy to also promote a car or two a month on my website, CoolCaroftheDay.com. Since most of the Car of the Month cars wouldn't be local, I would need the owner to put together a write-up and some pics, but I would be happy to format it and roll it out.

Maybe we could do it as a Firebird/Trans-Am and a Camaro each month, or a restoration and a modified car. Or maybe both could be done... feature a modified Firebird and a stock Camaro one month and a stock Firebird and a modified Camaro the next...

I would rather not be involved in the selection... but would be happy to feature the cars. I have seen a LOT of cars, in this thread and others that would be really cool to feature.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Supreme Member

so how do we get the ball rolling past this point?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
COTM Editor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 91 Z28, 87 SC, 90 IROC, 92 RS
Engine: LS1, 305 TPI, L98, NADA
Transmission: T56, 700r4's, and NADA
Axle/Gears: 3.89, 3.42, 3.23, NADA

Originally Posted by toxik IROC
so how do we get the ball rolling past this point?
Well as the link I posted above to previous threads on starting a "car of the month", the site and mods are not going to help us make this happen because there have been too many hurt feeling about cars not making or some "less deserving" beating out someone else. Whiny kids or something???

I feel like at this point it is up to the members to make it happen, and we will need to "police" ourselves in regard to the useage.

I think since there is no mod help, the system needs to be as straightforward as possible... The long lists of rules are fine, but we have nobody to help us police them. We need to use the Polls where members can vote, after we a submission page (nominations) thread has been made.

Next step... make a thread. I would be willing to post one up, you can look at my ideas, and if we don't like it post another???
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Supreme Member

If you would like to make a thread that is fine by me ( not that I am anyone that is imoportant) I am willing to help just let me know what I can do.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
COTM Editor

Ok I did it... Hope its clear enough on what to do. If you have something to say about it or how it should be changed. Please post here... I will continue to check this thread, and keep the other "new" thread for just the nominations.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM

go for it! I agree
Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
COTM Editor

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto...minations.html
Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Supreme Member

once the top ten are voted in, i think it would be cool if the owner of the car would put up a list of mods and a lil story about the car or somthing.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
COTM Editor

Originally Posted by toxik IROC
once the top ten are voted in, i think it would be cool if the owner of the car would put up a list of mods and a lil story about the car or somthing.
Yeah I woudl think that would be fine at that point to fill the "Voting/Poll" thread with pics from the owner or other members that really like one car. I figured once a poll or the ten nominated cars is made that I could PM the owners to let them know whats happening. With a winner announcement pm... to the poll winning car, and a seperate thread for the "January winner". Hopefully each months winner would want to tell specs and maybe add their own personal favorite pics?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by BADNBLK
Yeah I woudl think that would be fine at that point to fill the "Voting/Poll" thread with pics from the owner or other members that really like one car. I figured once a poll or the ten nominated cars is made that I could PM the owners to let them know whats happening. With a winner announcement pm... to the poll winning car, and a seperate thread for the "January winner". Hopefully each months winner would want to tell specs and maybe add their own personal favorite pics?
Sounds good man.... now I just wish my car was more pretty and able to be driven.I also have no good pictures of her......so want a dslr ugh...
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

its nice to ave a thread thats grown so much and is quickly becoming a large part of the site
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 TBI L03 V8
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 W/ Corvette shift kit
Axle/Gears: 2:73 open

Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '89 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by 86WS6

100% stock, 29,400 actual miles, mostly original.
Sweet ride! For a second I thought it was mine

Originally Posted by TTOP350
Thanx Nick, as you know I dig yours and the STL crews cars also..
Waaaay 2many cars on here to pic just one in a general catagory!!!!
here is a pic of my 240,000mile car and her 15yr old paint job
That car looks like it rolled off the line next week!!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
COTM Editor

So far I think the new Nominations thread is working out pretty well. Some nice cars. What do you guys think so far?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

So far I think the new Nominations thread is working out pretty well. Some nice cars. What do you guys think so far?
So many cars already nominated that would fill up the next years calendar and thats just the tip of the iceberg. Given a few days i could come up with the next 3-4 years car of the month. Too many nice cars to choose from
Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 camaro irocz
Engine: l98 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.77

i'm thinking someone should do a calender of all the nicest third gens . i'd buy one foresure
Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM
COTM Editor

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
So many cars already nominated that would fill up the next years calendar and thats just the tip of the iceberg. Given a few days i could come up with the next 3-4 years car of the month. Too many nice cars to choose from
Yeah I was pretty happy with the response and the quality of cars.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
COTM Editor

Originally Posted by freaky
i'm thinking someone should do a calender of all the nicest third gens . i'd buy one foresure
Cafe press??? then nobodys money is out there on the line? I have never used them, but see other sites do it.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Supreme Member

wow this took of fast than I anticipated....
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro z28
Engine: 350 HSR
Axle/Gears: 3.42's

I already voted in the other thread so ill just throw this guy on here for someone to maybe add as there vote

Tricked-Out-Toy

this one deserves some props

Name:  DSC_0203.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  262.7 KB

Last edited by KonArtist; 12-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
COTM Editor

Originally Posted by KonArtist
I already voted in the other thread so ill just throw this guy on here for someone to maybe add as there vote

Tricked-Out-Toy

this one deserves some props

Yeah great example! So many nice cars that get lost as new ones, get posted! Love seeing some older examples of amazing cars
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Supreme Member

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

A question was raised about when to close the Car of the Month thread. To be honest, that thread should be linked from every board subsection to get more views. Not everyone views the auto appearance section. Certain people hang out in certain boards and may not venture to this place.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since TGO already officially said no to a car of the month type "contest", there won't be any linking, closing, stickying, etc done by TGO moderators or admins.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
COTM Editor

A question was raised about when to close the Car of the Month thread. To be honest, that thread should be linked from every board subsection to get more views. Not everyone views the auto appearance section. Certain people hang out in certain boards and may not venture to this place.
Originally Posted by AmorgetRS
Since TGO already officially said no to a car of the month type "contest", there won't be any linking, closing, stickying, etc done by TGO moderators or admins.
I was gonna say that I have already asked for admin help, and provided a link where JT himself shot it down.

Honestly if we keep the thread clean, and bickering back and forth at minimum, and keep the process simple this is something that we really don't need Mods to regulate for us...

THIS THREAD WILL BE A TEST OF THE BOARD COMMUNITY, AND WHO WE ARE... Maybe if we can sucessfully run the threads for a few months to prove that we are acting as adults and there isn't gonna be flaming going on if the car you chose does not win or whatever... maybe then some support could be worked in???

*** I will be tallying the nominations for the COTM thread on Monday the 19th, from there I will create a COTM POLL thread in which the top 10 nomination will be placed. At this time it is up to members to vote for which car they feel deserves it. I will set the timer on the poll to close Dec 31st midnight, so we can Announce in a new thread the COTM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
COTM Editor

You could always made a thread in each area with a link... I'm sure each section mod will likely lock it, but at least a link will be provided....
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

The lack of support from the staff is somewhat frustrating.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Faster
Engine: Than
Transmission: You!

I'd like to nominate Steve Petroff. Really nice car!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
The lack of support from the staff is somewhat frustrating.
x2.

Well I hope we the people of TGO can step it up, while not acting like a bunch of little toddlers fighting over a cookie.Then maybe some of the mod's will give there support
Old 12-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Posting a link, knowing it will get locked, will only get this shut down quickly. I highly suggest you don't do it.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

Is the reason the staff isn't supportive of this because it hasn't worked in the past, or they're just anti-COTM-esque threads?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 GTA
Engine: 377ci
Axle/Gears: QP Ford 9" 3.70s

Originally Posted by 1bad91Z
I'd like to nominate Steve Petroff. Really nice car!

I don't even know this car and would like to nominate it!!!! Dang. Is there more pics and details on this ride. Definetly interested. That engine bay is awsome.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: 3.54 Dana 44 IRS

I think the site staff SHOULD be leading the way on this. The guys with the badass cars are also in many cases the same guys that add much of the valuable content to this site. Without those guys here, I don't think this site would have the traffic that it does, which we all know attracts advertisers and pays the bills. I think this site should go out of it's way to highlight the well built cars. It's those guys that make this site what it is...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 iroc z
Engine: LSX 376 F1A
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 12 bolt 3.42

Maybe instead of having car of the month, this site could be like LS1tech.com where they have 5 pictures across the top of the forum showing people's car off and it changes every time you reload the page. You can also write comments about the person's car when you click on the picture.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

Originally Posted by 90-irocdx3
Maybe instead of having car of the month, this site could be like LS1tech.com where they have 5 pictures across the top of the forum showing people's car off and it changes every time you reload the page. You can also write comments about the person's car when you click on the picture.
i like this idea
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
Is the reason the staff isn't supportive of this because it hasn't worked in the past, or they're just anti-COTM-esque threads?
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/prob...car-month.html
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by JT
When the Gallery section (the area outside of the forums) was being updated for each year and model, which only housed "best of the best", we'd get hate mail from users who were upset that their car was not included. Users take such personally. Some would even mock or criticize those who did make the cut. That type of behavior only causes conflicts between users, which WILL spill into our technical forums. People would submit thumbnail sized images (won't work), expect a primer painted, paint mismatch, fender dents, etc., car to be considered "best of the best". Sorry to say this, but this was an issue that we've dealt with before. People simply take it personally, and on this site, it has not been pretty.
Then tell them to shut up and delete their account. If people can't act like adults they don't need to be here. I get tired of hearing how poorly behaved this site is. You have the power to clean it up.

Originally Posted by JT
Of course whenever you have any vote it's open to abuse. You get people rating for each other, possibly new accounts opened to simply to get an extra vote, etc.
Voting is a nightmare, the cars should be picked by site staff, period.

Originally Posted by JT
In the end, do we really need a contest? We already provide a forum for the sole purpose of people posting and showing off their ride, which people can leave comments and suggestions for.
I don't think a contest is necessary. My vision for this site is that it would be the one stop shop for the baddest thirdgens in the world. I think they should be plastered all over the home page like a magazine cover. You know you're doing it right when even non-thirdgen guys see the homepage and notice that thirdgens really can be awesome. The site should promote interest and investment in these cars and should be a main driving force to push these cars back into favor among hotrodders. I think the ingredients are here for that to happen. This site is a for-profit business, that means you can do whatever you want. Crush the childish opposition and make this site great, I know it can be done.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Faster
Engine: Than
Transmission: You!

I don't even know this car and would like to nominate it!!!! Dang. Is there more pics and details on this ride. Definetly interested. That engine bay is awsome.
Agreed, that car was tastefully done! I don't have anymore pics of it unfortunately.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 AM
COTM Editor

Originally Posted by 1MeanZ
I think the site staff SHOULD be leading the way on this. The guys with the badass cars are also in many cases the same guys that add much of the valuable content to this site. Without those guys here, I don't think this site would have the traffic that it does, which we all know attracts advertisers and pays the bills. I think this site should go out of it's way to highlight the well built cars. It's those guys that make this site what it is...

Originally Posted by 1MeanZ
Then tell them to shut up and delete their account. If people can't act like adults they don't need to be here. I get tired of hearing how poorly behaved this site is. You have the power to clean it up.

My vision for this site is that it would be the one stop shop for the baddest thirdgens in the world. I think they should be plastered all over the home page like a magazine cover. You know you're doing it right when even non-thirdgen guys see the homepage and notice that thirdgens really can be awesome. The site should promote interest and investment in these cars and should be a main driving force to push these cars back into favor among hotrodders. I think the ingredients are here for that to happen. This site is a for-profit business, that means you can do whatever you want. Crush the childish opposition and make this site great, I know it can be done.
I agree completely!!! We the people who have been there and done that with their vehicles is what drives your technical database site. I left the site a few years back, cause honestly the site has been filled with how to do repairs, and enhancements as cheap as possible type threads... I'm playing with the Camaro again and was looking for more inspiration. I am a member of various other sites and all of them make a strong point to encourage the growth of the community with comradery and appriciation of the a similar interest... They go out of their way to help members of their site improve the community they "work" for! TGO def does have a bad rep, and I think promoting some of the more "finished" cars on the sight whether modified or stock might help bring back or entice more mature members to be excited about this site. Third gens will soon be making the comeback in resortation and resto-modification, that the second generations are going through right now... What better than to be on the forefront on the movement. This obviously has more to do than just the COTM thread, but the disappointment in the lack of help from the "site" in improving a positive thread sucks.

Getting off my soap box now...

* For the members making nominations on this thread, I assume that you are aware that any nomination made in this thread will not be counted on other COTM nominations thread. This is a great spot to highlight nice cars, and maybe other memeber will make nominations from those post?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Supreme Member

TGO def does have a bad rep, and I think promoting some of the more "finished" cars on the sight whether modified or stock might help bring back or entice more mature members to be excited about this site. Third gens will soon be making the comeback in resortation and resto-modification, that the second generations are going through right now... What better than to be on the forefront on the movement.
That is a key observation that up to this point I'm not sure the staff is on board with. What you outline above will require a re-tool of this site that there seems to be no apetite for at this point. When I read JT's comments I interpret a somewhat defeatist attitude and a lack of inspiration to crush the sub-standard content on this forum and strive for something great. That is not an accusation of fact, merely the way I read his comments. I eagerly await a response from him to correct me should he choose to do so.

I guess I just don't see the motivation to transform this site from good to great. This site could be the HOTROD magazine of thirdgen content on the web, instead it is an aging forum that many "high-class" players avoid.

Last edited by 1MeanZ; 12-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Nicest Car On The Board