Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

How much does stock camaro fenders and hoods weigh?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 02 WS6 White/Ebony
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.42
How much does stock camaro fenders and hoods weigh?

In my quest for weight reduction I'm considering going with fiberglass fenders. I know I'm going to get a fiberglass hood if I can ever decide on the SS hood or a small cowl.

Unlimited sells fiberglass fenders which are 8 lbs each. How much does the stock fenders weigh?

How much does the stock steel hoods weigh?
How much does the ss hood weigh?
Old 12-13-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 02 WS6 White/Ebony
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.42
I've been considering the ones from unlimited fiberglass that have the 77-81 TA style vents in them. I've also considered getting their plain ones and adding the 3rdgen style TA fender vents to them in the stock location.
Yes, I know I have a Camaro. LOL
Old 12-14-2003, 12:07 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 87 Formula/ 00 Xtreme
Engine: TPI 305/ v6
Transmission: struggling t-5/ 4l60E
Axle/Gears: 3.08/ 3.23
Stock fenders are about 15lbs at best... they are only cheap 20-22ga metal. Hood (t/a) w/hinges & insulation is roughly 70lbs IIRC from weighing mine...
Old 02-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How much does stock camaro fenders and hoods weigh?

Originally Posted by drain89
In my quest for weight reduction I'm considering going with fiberglass fenders. I know I'm going to get a fiberglass hood if I can ever decide on the SS hood or a small cowl.

Unlimited sells fiberglass fenders which are 8 lbs each. How much does the stock fenders weigh?

How much does the stock steel hoods weigh?

How much does the ss hood weigh?

Hey man I actually stumbled upon this website for the first time today looking for the answer to a question I had about my Camaros exhaust. Then I saw your question. A few months back I actually bought 2 front fenders and a hood off of CARID.com. They are both Carbon Fiber, according to the product information on the website the fenders are only 4.5 pounds which I thought was a huge scam until I actually contacted a buddy who bought those exact fenders for his Camaro and he weighed them himself and they came out at 4.6 pounds each. I weighed my new carbon fiber the hood myself and it was barely over 28 pounds, while my stock hood weighed almost 50 pounds. I weighed my stock fenders as well and they were like 17.2 pounds each. I saved about a total of 43 pounds just on the front of my Camaro just by replacing my stock hood and fenders with carbon fiber ones. The fenders and hood are sold by Anderson Composites. They use 100% real carbon fiber on all their body part products. They sell several carbon fiber body parts for Camaro's and other muscle cars. So if you haven't already bought new fenders and hood I HIGHLY recommend you looking into the ones I got. I will attach the link to my hood and fenders. Also if your like me and don't like the look of carbon fiber in certain places then your in luck because all of Andersons carbon fiber products are paintable. So all I did was go to my local Chevy dealer and paid like $150 for them to fully paint these 2 products to match my body color perfectly and I cant even tell their carbon fiber unless I look real closely.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:09 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Re: How much does stock camaro fenders and hoods weigh?

Originally Posted by Ben-C_CarExpert
Hey man I actually stumbled upon this website for the first time today looking for the answer to a question I had about my Camaros exhaust. Then I saw your question. A few months back I actually bought 2 front fenders and a hood off of CARID.com. They are both Carbon Fiber, according to the product information on the website the fenders are only 4.5 pounds which I thought was a huge scam until I actually contacted a buddy who bought those exact fenders for his Camaro and he weighed them himself and they came out at 4.6 pounds each. I weighed my new carbon fiber the hood myself and it was barely over 28 pounds, while my stock hood weighed almost 50 pounds. I weighed my stock fenders as well and they were like 17.2 pounds each. I saved about a total of 43 pounds just on the front of my Camaro just by replacing my stock hood and fenders with carbon fiber ones. The fenders and hood are sold by Anderson Composites. They use 100% real carbon fiber on all their body part products. They sell several carbon fiber body parts for Camaro's and other muscle cars. So if you haven't already bought new fenders and hood I HIGHLY recommend you looking into the ones I got. I will attach the link to my hood and fenders. Also if your like me and don't like the look of carbon fiber in certain places then your in luck because all of Andersons carbon fiber products are paintable. So all I did was go to my local Chevy dealer and paid like $150 for them to fully paint these 2 products to match my body color perfectly and I cant even tell their carbon fiber unless I look real closely.
I went to CARID and to Anderson Composites websites and I dont see any carbon fiber parts listed for 3rdgens.... You got more info? I'd buy them right now if available.