Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

i need help with lambo doors PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need help with lambo doors PLZ

i got the door off was easy i just had to take off th fender then take off some bolts but man that ****in hinge was a bitch to get off i didnt have a compressor to use my die cutter so i had to use a grinder it got the job done though i dont play that **** that bitch came OFF
heres how it used to look
Name:  165-1.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  21.2 KB

the reason i replaced the door it was dented to hell and messed up body work was more hassle then its worth so i bought a new door

Name:  173.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  21.2 KB

Name:  CIMG0933.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  43.9 KB

NOW i need to know how to weld it on the new door and line it up PERFECTLY any help is appreciated

heres some pics of the hinge when it was still on the car / door the reinforcemnt is still on the car the part that im going to weld back on the new door is this U like hinge that has the shocks connected to it i need to know were i should weld it back on the new door the old door was off center also so i need to know how to get it T.D.C
Name:  CIMG0962.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  50.9 KB
after i took the hinge off

Name:  CIMG0968.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  49.9 KB
Old 01-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: i need help with lambo doors PLZ

Why would you take the door off? Oh, it was damaged?

You don't need to take the doors off to do a lambo install. You just remove the front fender and take the hinges off, then install the new hinge.

Suicide doors are a whole lot more work.

Mathius
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 AM

Car: 88 GTA
Engine: 305 V8 LB9
Transmission: 4 sp. Auto-4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by Mathius
Why would you take the door off? Oh, it was damaged?

You don't need to take the doors off to do a lambo install. You just remove the front fender and take the hinges off, then install the new hinge.

Suicide doors are a whole lot more work.

Mathius
The car already has lambo doors. He's asking how you line it up so there's no gap and it closes right.

Wish I could help you there...but nice ride!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by blg0720
The car already has lambo doors. He's asking how you line it up so there's no gap and it closes right.

thx
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 PM

Car: 87 Evoluzione, 84 TransAm, 05 GTO
Engine: LT1, L98, LS2
Transmission: (2) T56 & (1) 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt w/3.73 & Stock

I can't see your pictures here at work, but when I did mine I left the lower hinge on the door. With it latched closed I tack welded the vertical hinge in place.

Might be too late for all that. Latch the door back onto the car at the b-pillar in the closed position.
Shim the front up until it is parallel with the rocker at the bottom.
Move it forward/back until you have a 3/16" (less than 1/4") gap at the back edge of the door to the body.
Have somebody pushing the front edge of the door square into the seals as hard as they can (window down) and tack your hinge in place on the door. Weld it just enough to hold it there with the door latched closed. Test fit your fender. Weld it up solid if you're happy.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by blg0720

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought those were pictures of what he wanted to do. He said the hinges weren't on and he took the door off. I incorrectly took that to me he was in the middle of doing it.

Mathius
Old 01-09-2009, 03:12 PM

ill be able to do it with the hinge the stock hinges (door) are bolted on right??? i got my car with the lambo doors so i dont know if they grinded them off or if the un bolted them
----------
Originally Posted by Mathius
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought those were pictures of what he wanted to do. He said the hinges weren't on and he took the door off. I incorrectly took that to me he was in the middle of doing it.

Mathius
its alright im in the process of doing it right this time i have bought this new door off a donor car and am going to try to do it right this time i just need to know if i can take the hinges off the donor car too so i can use them to line up the door

Last edited by ILUVMY89; 01-09-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM

i think i get the idea now im going to try it out
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by ILUVMY89
ill be able to do it with the hinge the stock hinges (door) are bolted on right??? i got my car with the lambo doors so i dont know if they grinded them off or if the un bolted them
----------

its alright im in the process of doing it right this time i have bought this new door off a donor car and am going to try to do it right this time i just need to know if i can take the hinges off the donor car too so i can use them to line up the door
That's what I would try. Every lambo door kit that I've encountered was made for that vehicle and bolted right up, but every one of them was installed through the fender with the door already in place.

Your best bet I think is to try to get everything working in the stock position with the stock hinges, and then go from there.

Mathius
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM

thats why im asking if the stock hinges are welded on the door or bolted on i know the hinges bolt on to the frame im not talking about the lambo door kit
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM

Car: 87 Evoluzione, 84 TransAm, 05 GTO
Engine: LT1, L98, LS2
Transmission: (2) T56 & (1) 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt w/3.73 & Stock

Stock hinges are welded to the door.

Now that I can see your pictures (looks cool by the way): You will have to cut/grind away the top hinge on door bracket to make way for the lambo hinge on your new door. The lower hinge can be bolted back to the body to make alignment a lot easier. Can't stress enough having an extra pair of hands pushing upper front corner of the door into the seals while you tack hinge goose neck to the door.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2234824/2
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ACCLR8N
Stock hinges are welded to the door.

Now that I can see your pictures (looks cool by the way): You will have to cut/grind away the top hinge on door bracket to make way for the lambo hinge on your new door. The lower hinge can be bolted back to the body to make alignment a lot easier. Can't stress enough having an extra pair of hands pushing upper front corner of the door into the seals while you tack hinge goose neck to the door.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2234824/2
thank you so much
Old 01-11-2009, 10:41 PM

got the new door in and lined up im gonna get some one to help me weld the door thanks for all the replies
Old 02-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Hey man do you have the automatic set up with actuators? Also what is the combined weight push on one side with the struts, just wondering because I need to make sure i order the right amount of weight that pushes up the door... also if i do the actuator set up wil i have to have a separate remote to activate the aactuator or would i just hook it all up to shaved door kit?