Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Does anyone here use their thirdgen as a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: '89 RS, '89 Iroc
Engine: L03, LB9
Transmission: 700r4, T5
Axle/Gears: 2.73, 3.08
Re: Does anyone here use their thirdgen as a daily driver?

My 89 RS 305 TBI has been my daily driver for 4 years now, i had problems in the beginning but after i fixed um i havent had a major problem since(tie rod end/pitman arm/and normal maintenance) but last year my wife got her dream family car (08 Cobalt LT *i wanted the SS but they didnt have a used 4 door on the lot*) that car is a little beast (all top end) so my car is slowly becoming less of a DD, i still drive it, but since i work overnight i just take the cobalt to work to keep my camaro miles lower lol
Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 RS
Engine: a slow one
Transmission: a crunchy one
Axle/Gears: a whiny one

Mine was my daily driver, and it's been a nightmare actually. I used to always say "no it's not that bad at all, never had any problems really" but one night I sat down and actually thought about it and added it all up...... This car has kicked me in the ***** repeatedly. It's broken down alot, although mostly small stupid stuff (until now). It's in the parking lot of my apartments broke down for almost a YEAR now, with a new distributor in it, new plugs, wires, new ICM, and who knows what else... During the 6 years or so I've owned it I've put THOUSANDS of dollars into this car and it still needs a paintjob, entire front end rebuild, and various misc. parts for the motor (coolant sensor wiring, knock sensor pigtail, EGR pigtail, new studs in the exhaust manifolds, probably a timing chain, etc). I REALLY need to get it running but can't afford to put more money into it. Nobody can get further to figure out what the hell is wrong with it unless I spend a couple hundred bucks on tools (which I've already done to get this far!).

I feel sick to my stomach after writing this and almost want to cry I want to drive my Camaro so bad, lol. Honestly though...

That being said... I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. (unless I knew I could sell that thing and buy two more!)
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '88 Black GTA, T-tops, digital dash
Engine: 5.7 TPI w/custom chip
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 327 posi

Originally Posted by Dizturbed One
Mine was my daily driver, and it's been a nightmare actually. I used to always say "no it's not that bad at all, never had any problems really" but one night I sat down and actually thought about it and added it all up...... This car has kicked me in the ***** repeatedly. It's broken down alot, although mostly small stupid stuff (until now). It's in the parking lot of my apartments broke down for almost a YEAR now, with a new distributor in it, new plugs, wires, new ICM, and who knows what else... During the 6 years or so I've owned it I've put THOUSANDS of dollars into this car and it still needs a paintjob, entire front end rebuild, and various misc. parts for the motor (coolant sensor wiring, knock sensor pigtail, EGR pigtail, new studs in the exhaust manifolds, probably a timing chain, etc). I REALLY need to get it running but can't afford to put more money into it. Nobody can get further to figure out what the hell is wrong with it unless I spend a couple hundred bucks on tools (which I've already done to get this far!).

I feel sick to my stomach after writing this and almost want to cry I want to drive my Camaro so bad, lol. Honestly though...

That being said... I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. (unless I knew I could sell that thing and buy two more!)
I feel for you man. I hope things work out and you can figure out what's wrong with your ride. Mine has been a daily driver for me and then for my son until the engine gave up the ghost a little over a year ago. I haven't had the money to fix it so I'm taking it easy for now. I use my wife's van and my work van as a back up, but I really miss driving my GTA. I also have an 81 Camaro as another project car. It's always been a daily driver.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Yor

Car: 1984 15th Ann. T/A
Engine: 350 Goodwrench
Transmission: T5 (Not factory, possibly rebuilt)
Axle/Gears: 3.73

My buddy has an 86 Z28 with a crate 350 that he uses as a daily, but that's only because he has no other vehicle. xD
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM

Car: '89 Formula
Engine: 305 TBI

I have been using my '89 Formula as a daily driver since my junior year of high school (2003). I drove her daily in high school, and during the summers while at college. Living in NC now I'm back to almost daily driving. We have also made numerous NJ to Quebec and NJ to NC trips. While I love her, she is often a pain in the a*s, and I too made the mistake of totaling up my receipts for repairs one day (never a good idea). My favorite moments of being stranded were the alternator dying, the lock cylinder wearing out, the coolant sensor burning out (2x), the fan motor seizing, and the heater core blowing. Equally exciting included my starter dying, the spindle developing a crack, the trunk hatch case breaking, and the right headlight refusing to come up (Thank you Lon at Top Down for your invaluable help, also with the trunk hatch). I may have missed a radiator and water pump in there too.
While that list sounds pretty terrible, I knew very little about cars when I bought her, and most of the list are parts that simply wear out over time (I'm just about to turn 100K miles and have redone the suspension). I am planning on restoring her a bit, and will of course sink more $$ into this (paint- oh god the expense). But she will still be driven often, and preventative maintenance is what keeps you from becoming stranded. The fact that these cars are on the road after 20+ years is what impresses me most.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 AM

I use my Ferrari as a daily driver. My IROC is too sexy for these roads.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Firebird Formula
Engine: 2004 LQ4
Transmission: T-5 WC
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I drive it as a DD in the summer.. I drove my V6 5 speed as a DD, almost died a few times in the winter.. not cool. I bought a Plymouth for the cold months.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Car: 1990 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI L98 cam
Axle/Gears: 3.42 eaton

my '90 is my daily driver as well. the only problems i have had is little stuff like vats and a 20 yr. old fuel pump that crapped out on me. i love my car and i am about to have it painted back bright red third gens are awesome!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 AM

Car: 1990 camaro rs
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 4 speed auto w/od

i just bought my 90 camaro rs a week ago for $850 which is a steal compared to the $1500 and higher they usually go for here even though ive only had this car for a week i wouldnt get rid of it for anything,ive always been a ford person but after having a few chevys and then now my rs ive turned into a chevy only guy,its got 178000 miles on it but you could never tell it unless you looked at it,it drives like a brand new one im just the third owner and the engine looks like its only been there for a couple months the person that had it last cleaned it all the time and his wife is the only one that drove it he said the only thing he had to do was put a new radiator in it

Last edited by joshs90camarors; 02-06-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:51 AM

Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt/ 3.23 Gear.

Originally Posted by aznmagic
I use my Ferrari as a daily driver. My IROC is too sexy for these roads.
HAHAHAHA LOVE IT!

Mine was a daily driver for two year (except in these Chicago winter month GAH!) But I recently built a Jeep Wrangler to replace my RS as my daily driver this summer. Working Public Works and getting dirt in my interior and all that B.S. dosnt look to hot when I take the girl out...

...and the girlfriend to.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: 350-Vortec-carbed
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: stockola, right now anyhow

mine is a daily driver, thats why its not too over the top, but treated well at the same time.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Car: '88 Black GTA, T-tops, digital dash
Engine: 5.7 TPI w/custom chip
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 327 posi

Originally Posted by joshs90camarors
i just bought my 90 camaro rs a week ago for $850 which is a steal compared to the $1500 and higher they usually go for here even though ive only had this car for a week i wouldnt get rid of it for anything,ive always been a ford person but after having a few chevys and then now my rs ive turned into a chevy only guy,its got 178000 miles on it but you could never tell it unless you looked at it,it drives like a brand new one im just the third owner and the engine looks like its only been there for a couple months the person that had it last cleaned it all the time and his wife is the only one that drove it he said the only thing he had to do was put a new radiator in it
Welcome to our world of "thirdgens" Josh, and welcome to our site too.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Car: 92RS
Engine: 305= boat anchor
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23

My 92 was my DD until a couple of months ago when I broke my rear end. I've had it for over 2 years and it has been very reliable.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 PM

Car: 1990 camaro rs
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 4 speed auto w/od

well i appreciate it and im glad to be part of it
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 AM

Car: '89 GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.27

My '89 GTA has been my DD for 20 years. I bought it new in Sept. '90, and it's still going strong. Sure I've had to replace a few things that broke or wore out over the years, and it's had one repaint (so it looks almost new). But it's cost me less in maintenance than most of the other cars we've had. In short, it's the best damn car I've ever owned! Cars were meant to be driven!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Car: 1992 firebird
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 open 3.42

AMEN drive it to the wheel fall off then buy new ones lol
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM

i use my 1989 as a dd its my only car 200,000 on the car runs like a new car :]
Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Car: 89 Iroc-Z Ragtop, 2012 Toyota Hilux
Engine: 305ci V8 TPI
Transmission: Both Auto's(Wife can't drive stick)

I use my 89 vert as a daily driver, my wife drives a 99 Chevy Blazer but when I am not in the vert then she tries to steal it.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by Tonkatoy
I use my 89 vert as a daily driver, my wife drives a 99 Chevy Blazer but when I am not in the vert then she tries to steal it.
I see I'm not the only guy like that.

Before she was even my fiance & we lived together....I knew she was going somewhere & I'd hear my 92 RS 305/TBI/T5 start up & leave, not her F*rd Ranger. She ended up selling off the Ranger & getting herself a 90 RS 305/TBI/T5. And she proceeded to mod hers even more than I did mine! Of course, before long, we were married so "we" modded it, but she was usually the instigator behind them.

Hers became less & less a DD & I traded my 92 RS in on a 97 Tahoe.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Car: 85 Firebird Trans Am
Engine: Rebuilt 305 Carb
Transmission: Built 700R4
Axle/Gears: The unfortunate Open Diff, 3.23

i drive my 85 everywhere, everyday. 177k no major issues but im gunna rebuild it in spring, leaky head gasket(still runs good tho)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Car: 83 Camaro
Engine: 350

I got my 83 Camaro just shy of a year ago. The original engine had been swapped out prior to purchasing it, and that was in nearly tip-top shape. Everything else except the engine though was falling apart from either abuse or neglect. The interior practically isn't there, and what is there is falling apart. I've got big chunks of foam missing out of the driver's seat, and a little piece of metal in there that I need to keep my wallet in my back pocket to avoid getting puncture wounds. The seats are held up by milk crates wedged into the back. The center console is in more pieces than it's supposed to be. I need to lift my console "glove box" out of the center console just to get to the driver's window switch (which is in three pieces) and manually hold the ground wire to the body in order to get the driver's window to work. The steering column is... mostly there. Hell, just this week both my exterior and interior driver's side door handle broke, so I can't even open the driver's side door. The list goes on......... she's a sight for sore eyes indeed, but mechanically she runs like butter.

Mechanically, I've been upgrading things as I go. The interior problems are 70% cosmetic and 30% functionality, so they haven't been a major priority for me (except now with the door handles) but even that 30% still functions just fine, just not as conveniently as it could.

Despite all this, she's still my daily driver, and I couldn't possibly love my car more. It's a work in progress to be sure, but it's coming along little by little.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Engine: TPI 350
Transmission: Brog-warner 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Borg-Warner 9 bolt 3.45 posi

Im 18 i got a 1988 pontiac firebird formula tpi350 5 speed and nitrous i use it as my daily driver and have for 2 years now
Old 02-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Car: 1986 Iroc-Z, 1980 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine: Iroc- 5.0, Caddy-5.7
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I drive mine every day. It's never left me stranded *knock on wood*. It stranded it's exhuast somewhere last week, but not me ! It's a good car.

I actually also have an Eldorado that I used for my dd, which caught on fire in the school parking lot once and gave me tons of other trouble before that, but it's a much better cruiser.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 AM

Car: '91 RS, '72 Pro/Street Z28
Engine: 305 TBI, Blown 468ci w/NOS
Transmission: 5 Spd, 2 Spd Powerglide
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 4.88

Well, considering the fact my other car is the one pictured below, I really don't have much choice. (it only gets 3-4 mpg) I had a perfect running '89 Silverado SWB that was lowered 7 inches, and the ONLY reason I decided to sell it was just so I could be back in another 3rd Gen.

They're definitely one of my favorite cars to own as a DD. For me though, it's either gotta be a 5 speed or a big stalled 700R4. (3000 minimum) Obviously I'm not too concerned about gas mileage or I would've bought a 6 cyl.

Name:  72ProStreetindriveway040.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  122.8 KB

Old 04-17-2010, 01:58 AM

Car: 1990 RS Camaro
Engine: 1990 305 tbi lo3

268,200 miles, daily driver, 305, I still drive like its stolen most of the time. Love my Camaro
Old 04-17-2010, 02:11 AM

First post, bought my 91 RS in 2003 with 16,000 orig. miles. paid 3500, immaculate. Drove daily for years, to date no problems mechanically, now 58,000 mi. Clear coat disintegrating, upper window seal(t-top) tearing. I still get 28mpg hwy. I use my civic to get to town and back, but love my Camaro for longer trips.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro berlinetta
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08 open diff

i DD'd the 300,000+ z28 untill the floor fell out (literaly) wile driving in my yard

i have been DD my berlinetta with 90k on it for 2 weeks now seems to drive just fine. going to at least get it in primer soon before winter hits not sure if i am going to drive it or not. it has yet too see a winter even though it has some rust in some areas
Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 AM

Car: Trailblazer EXT 4.2 (Firebird Form)
Engine: 5.1 4bbl
Transmission: 700R4 Mega Raptor Level 4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

My bird is in the garage.. the freshly rebuilt engine has about 10K miles and the tranny has about 8K miles... it is currently garage as I need to do an FI conversion ... I can't wait to get it going... once it's up and running it will be my weekend getaway car...
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM

Car: 1988 pontiac trans am
Engine: 305 tpi
Axle/Gears: factory

I have 1988 t/a that i bought 5 1/2 years ago for $1000. the car was in good shape, had 99,000miles on it and i drive it as my daily driver everyday. now it has over a 175,000 miles on it and i love it! It is the most reliable car I have ever owned.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:45 AM

Car: '86 Z28 Aged Yellow
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: 700-RIV
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Only Car as well..Im torn whether I should spend money on a securing a beater as DD or fix up my '86. before it calls it quits, because I want to have my first car til EYE call it quits.

..every MI winter rust puts a hit out on my car..
Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 88 Formula
Engine: 95LT4, 305TPI
Transmission: T56, T5

My Formula has been my daily driver since I bought it in May of 03
Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

my 92 is my DD in the summer, once it snows and the roads get salted, i bring the truck back out
Old 04-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1987 Black IROC-Z (SOLD)

It has been my daily driver since I bought it new 23 yrs ago. My wife drive her car and I drive mine.

Last edited by DJP87Z28; 05-26-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 91 R/S , 89 dodge p/u
Engine: L31 GM crate re-cammed , 318
Transmission: T-5 , 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42 , ?

suprised/happy that so many use there cars every day . i am kind of **** about my car . as soon as i have a code/problem i fix it now . i do drive mine every day , i do mean every day . i have a truck , but it's used as a truck . ( poor baby i've had her since new , the truck ) i could not enjoy a car that i could not drive anywhere/anytime . just my thoughts , good luck to all .
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Car: 1990 camaro rs 3.1 v6
Engine: 3.1 v6

i used mine as a dd for 2 years in maine the winters were a little rough but as long as you take it easy on the pedal you would be all set now im in ny and this winter im going to be putting some studs on the back tires the car is a prject but its my only car so i dont have a choice. even if i did have another one i love driving the camaro.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Car: 1991 Formula Firebird
Engine: L98 with headers/exhaust
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10-bolt

My 1991 Formy is my daily as long as the weather isn't too terrible. My wife and I have 5 vehicles to choose from, but I usually take the Formula and she usually takes the Buick.

I daily-drove my 1989 Formula as well until it was stolen and totalled. I think 3rdGens make cheap/fun drivers, but once you get above a 30 mile each way commute, I'd consider something else...
Old 05-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Car: 1986 Z28 Iroc
Engine: 350
Transmission: T5

I drive my 86 Iroc daily. I have backup cars, but they're just as likely to break down, a 78 Dodge W-150 is my winter DD, and I have a 73 Dart that will eventually be my 2nd backup car, currently the Dodge is the summer backup. My 3rd gen has never left me stranded, it's sat in my driveway not running because I'm doing preventative maintenence, and am waiting on parts, or tools, but it's never left me sitting. People that talk **** in these cars have probably never owned one, and think all sports and muscle cars will leave you stranded "one day". Any car can be reliable, you just have to deal with any issues early, and do proper mantainence.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 GTA/93 S13/91 Si
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23

being 17 :P my only car is my bird..love it till death..DD
Old 05-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 mild build up
Axle/Gears: Stock

Yes I use mine as a DD. I have no choise in the matter it is all I have. I just finished putting in another engine. So I should get many more years out of it.
But the tranny is the next thing I will be doing.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 AM

Car: 88 Iroc Z
Engine: 350 Vortec
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Funny you should mention that, my daily driver is a CIVIC!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 AM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: 5.slow
Transmission: 5speed

Yep,I drive my 92 RS every day.I have to admit its not my only vehicle,but I do drive it everyday.I drive my truck to work,in the backround(graveyard shift) and I drive my camaro every day to pick up my daughter from school.My daughter(5 yrs old) gets mad if I dont bring the camaro to pick her up.5.0 5 speed, 168,925 miles on orginal 305 5 speed.My daughter says she wants the camaro and she wants to paint it pink!! OH HELL NOOOOO!!!!!! I LOVE MY 3RD GEN!!!

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  130.7 KB

Last edited by Shane B; 05-21-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: '86 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27 posi/disc

Not for the last 10yrs or so...It's not a matter of fuel economy ( 21mpg highway 19 cruisin town ) I don't like getin' her dirty!...seriously guys she only gets wet twice a year...a bath in the spring when she comes out and in the fall before she goes into storage...for the summer she gets dusted off, waxed or hit with a qwick detail spray on the weekends.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 Heritage Edition
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1

My 91 Z stays in the garage most of the time; my '04 SRT-4 is my personal daily driver; but seeing as how I don't really have a commute, mileage stays fairly low.

Until I actually tear into the Z28 and get the tranny shift points firmed up and the brakes bled/replaced and the subframe connectors, I'm not really looking at driving it too terribly much. She's been a garage queen for about 2 years, and it'll probably be a while before that changes.

Its a 10 foot car or so, but still for 19 years old the factory paint looks really nice; considering it also has 158k on it!

Name:  DSCF5560_resize.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  110.8 KB
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM

Car: 94 camaro z28/98 rs/firebird pro/am

just got this a few days ago and it's going to be my part time daily driver, it's a 1988 firebird pro/am, i already have a 94 z28 which is my dd and a 98 rs which i am having a engine put in at the moment

Last edited by chevyfany2k; 05-21-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Originally Posted by motenkjr
I use mine as a DD, unless it's uber cold outside because my heat doesn't work right now...lol
Same here my heat doesnt work so I just drive it when it is above 40 degrees. I mean what should I expect I live in Nebraska. But I do have a less dependent back up car... 2000 Dodge Intrepid for winter driving even though I worry it will die at anytime. It only has 60,000 miles on it but drives like it has 200,000!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:13 PM

Car: 83 TA
Engine: goodwrench 350

Ya. Its the 1st car ive ever owned with working AC. It replaced my 82 'benz that replaced my '72 Dart.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 AM

Car: '88 GTA, '89, '94 Firebird, '84 T/A
Engine: 5.0L TPI (GTA); '89 -2.8; '94 -3.4
Transmission: 5 speed (for all 3),auto for T/A
Axle/Gears: 3.45 (GTA only)

All I've driven for the past 23 years has been a ThirdGen!!!! Current DD is a '89 Firebird (bored and stroked 2.8 V6 with a 5-speed). During the summer, it comes off the road and the GTA takes it place.

As said many times above, do the preventive stuff and the car runs fine.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 AM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 355, 6.0 (LQ4) soon
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 2.77 for now

Ive owned my 350 tpi for about 6 years now. Had little problems at the start but fixed them and it was great!! Parked it, rebuilt/modified it and now I cant stay out of it. If I could get people to stop running into it she would look as pretty on the outside as she does on the inside.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 AM

Car: 88' TA Digital Dash
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:23 Posi Disk 10 Bolt

These have been my daily driver for 10 years.

I've owned 3 Camaro's & now I own an '88 Trans Am..

This will be my last 3rd gen till I stop breathin'..

O yeah, it's my daily drivin beauty

Adrian
Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Car: 1983 Z28
Engine: Lt1
Transmission: t5
Axle/Gears: 4th gen limited slip

the only time my 83 ever left me stranded is when the differential exploded, but i had pretty much just bought the car and i had changed the fluid. it was just doomed. but after that, its been great. now my 85 is doing great. it needs exhaust work really badly, but its on its way right now

Quick Reply: Does anyone here use their thirdgen as a daily driver?