Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Rear Hatch Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 Sport Coupe
Engine: v6
Transmission: 5spd.
Rear Hatch Info Needed

Hello fellows, haven't been on in a while lots of work and all that but really need some info.The metal deck lid part of my rear hatch hangs to far back over the rear and adjustment of hatch will not help as the hatch on that side is 1/4" closer to front part of hatch than the other side at the front and the decklid is still hanging out at least that much over the tailight so i'm going to have to seperate glass hatch from metal decklid and realign as per the tutorial on this siite. Before i do that i would like to get the glass hatch centered in the body opening so that when i get the decklid adjusted it will all be perfect. What i would like to know is if anybody that has done this knows what the measurments (space around the glass to body opening) or a good method of centering it in the opening, I assume it should be centered all the way around. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, by the way anybody know what the nuts should be torqued to when i go to put metal decklid back on glass hatch, don't want to break glass.