Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Broken instrument cluster!? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken instrument cluster!? HELP!

I posted this in the Electronics forum, but I got no responses, so maybe I can generate some here.

Sometimes I rush into things..maybe I just worked too fast, or something. I purchased Mac Ewen white face gauge overlays for my 1992 Camaro RS. Took apart the dash, put the faces on. Easy...well, it wasn't bad. I also ordered green xenon bulbs to go along with it. Now, I removed all the other bulbs/housings and put the four xenons in so that it would glow green. I had some problems with them and the bulb housings, but that problem was rectified. Now, I put it in. Only ONE xenon bulb is operating (the one behind the fuel/oil gauges) and I know they all work, I just tested them AGAIN. Also, the turn signal lights and the hi beam indicator stay on if I turn the headlights/instrument panel lights on. If you turn the high beams ON, the light goes off. Instead of my turning signals blinking ON/OFF when you activate them, they blink OFF/ON since they're already both on. Also, the shift light (something I've never seen before, since I have an automatic) goes on randomly (located in the tach gauge). It goes on, then shuts off. I thought this was because the grid behind the panel was seperated a little at the top; there is one part of the grid that kept scraping the dash a little when I put it in and took it out. It seperated a little, but the copper channels were still on one side, together. I assumed THIS MAY be a problem so I taped it shut, but alas, the same problem. I hope someone can help me here. =D

------------------
_ _____________ _
1992 Camaro RS