Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Need My Car Painted

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc Convertible
Engine: Bone Stock, 66,000
Transmission: 5 speed
Need My Car Painted

I'm not sure if this the right forum to ask this question but, I need to have my convertible painted and a new cloth top installed. Id like to have the car done right. I live in NJ but am not afraid to travel. Does anyone know of a reputable place near the east coast that can do a top notch paint job on my car and put a new top on it? I was thinking of looking into Hawks for the convenience of one stop shopping. Does anyone know how their work is or even if they do the kind of work I'm looking for?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:50 PM

Car: 88 GTA
Engine: 5.7
Re: Need My Car Painted

If you want it perfect, these guys can do it- but prepare yourself to write a fat check. Quality costs. They painted my XKE many years ago.
http://whitepost.com/
Old 06-07-2017, 08:46 AM

Car: 1987 Iroc Convertible
Engine: Bone Stock, 66,000
Transmission: 5 speed

Thanks, I checked out that site and there are some amazing cars on there! I bet it would cost a small fortune to have my car painted there. Maybe I'm looking for a tad under perfect and step up from good. Does anyone have any thoughts on that Hawks Third Generation?
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 AM

Car: 88 GTA
Engine: 5.7

it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask. if there's not much prep involved because the car is straight, it might not be that bad.