Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[CA] '91 Z28 Time attack/AutoX car + parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Turbo Buick
Engine: 3.8 V6
'91 Z28 Time attack/AutoX car + parts

Getting shipped overseas and this car does not conform to military standards so I am forced to sell

So here it is
1991 Camaro Z28, 305 T.P.I. 5 speed

Name:  195076_10150202009658417_700088416_8481209_970659_o-1.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  12.8 KB
Name:  268888_1432297503920_1727373015_671168_6072399_n.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  46.0 KB
minitub work: Name:  IMG_1037.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1021.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  64.2 KB
Minitubs inside before being primered: Name:  IMG_0929.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  78.1 KB
Gives you an idea of what 335s on the back of a thirdgen look likeName:  IMG_0923.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  79.5 KB

Plenty of videos of the car in action here: http://www.youtube.com/user/chewbacc...g?feature=mhee

This car is prepped for Time Attack and built to SCCA Solo II C Prepared rules.
It has run as fast as a 45.38 at Adams time attack on the standard course layout. For reference, this is a very tight track that favors smaller vehicles. Despite this, the track record for a RWD car is a 44.6 in a very fast early 3 series BMW. I have personally never witnessed another rear wheel drive car faster than mine.

With this car you can easily have the fastest time of the night on a track like this most of the time, and with an engine upgrade you just might set the track record.

Here is the list of parts, you won't be able to build this car for the price I am selling it for.

SUSPENSION
Front suspension:
Koni Yellow Struts, adjustable rebound
Spohn spherical bearing upper strut mounts
Howe low friction 1/2" taller ball joints (improves roll center)
Energy Susp. control arm bushings
36 mm sway bar with poly bushing mounts and adjustable length endlinks
Moog 5664 springs with 1/2 coil cut - spring rate should be around 830ish lbs/inch

Rear Suspension:
Koni Yellow shocks, adjustable rebound
250 Lb/inch 2.5" diameter QA1 springs with adjustable upper spring mounts
Shock mounted soft bump stops - made by Dayco iirc
Lowered rear panhard bar mounts (jegster) on both the body and the axle. Panhard bar is lowered by about 4 inches.
Aluminum panhard bar from coleman racing with QA1 rod ends
Aluminum LCAs, shortened about an inch from stock with QA1 rod ends.
24mm sway bar

ENGINE and supporting parts:
Rebuilt 305 T.P.I. - Came with the car, looks like a standard re-man engine. Runs strong.
Hooker headers with EGR tubes and Y pipe
Magnaflow 3" exhaust
No Cat
AC delete pulley
LT1 injectors
Injector constant adjusted in chip to compensate for injectors
BRAND NEW Champion 3 core radiator
Factory Dual fan setup

DRIVETRAIN:
WC T5 transmission, shifts perfectly
LS1 Aluminum Driveshaft with thirdgen driveshaft yoke (shortens the driveshaft about a half inch), runs very smooth
ULTRA RARE Dana 44 rear axle with 3.73 gears, freshly rebuilt and shimmed (tight) trac-lok posi unit.
Rear axle moved forward about an inch

BRAKES
Stock front brakes and rotors
PBR rear calipers and disks
Adjustable proportioning valve- You now have functioning rear brakes unlike just about every other thirdgen on earth.
Plenty of heat capacity and stopping power for autocross and smaller tight courses. I have never had brake fade despite several minutes of hotlapping on a 7/10ths of a mile track

CHASSIS, BODY, and INTERIOR
Brand new chin spoiler
Factory Wonder bar
6 point roll bar constructed to SCCA rules
Kirkey SFI approved padding
Lightweight fiberglass cowl induction hood
Mostly gutted interior.
Factory passenger seat and belt
Ultra-Shield aluminum road race driver's seat
G-Force 6 point harness
Smaller diameter steering wheel
Factory dash, door panels, and center console remain.
Very clean battery relocation to passenger rear seat well
Sealed battery box, cut off switch (needs a higher amp rated switch installed) next to driver.
Manual secondary cooling fan control next to driver.
Rear wheel wells are Mini-tubbed to fit 17x12 wheels (335 width tires). The area is supported by the roll bar and extra bracing welded in.
A/C Delete
Heat Delete (heater core is still in dash if you want to re-install)
Radio Delete

Miscellaneous info:
This car is not currently emissions legal. The air diverter valve is not installed nor are the hoses. I do have these parts if you want to install them. There is no catalytic converter.
This car is registered and titled in Florida but is located in Southern California. It would not be considered a "street car" by the average person though if you are a little crazy like me you would have no problem street driving it if you wanted to.
There are some minor leaks from the engine and transmission. The power steering pump needs a filler neck extension or the baffled filler cap, otherwise it leaks out of the filler neck with heavy steering usage (autox/time attack, etc).
It needs a new VSS sensor (current is broken) and a calibration box if you want the speedo to work and IAC to work correctly. Otherwise the IAC is disabled.
The factory tach reads a few hundred rpm off
There is basically no rust anywhere on the car except for one or two small spots of very light surface rust inside of the car. On the interior roof, and in the trunk well.
The car needs paint if you want it to look pretty.

This is basically a race car, if you've seen one up close you'd know that form follows function. So that is what you are getting.

PRICING
Car with 17x9 Camaro SS Wheels with pretty new Kumho victoracer tires (very sticky autox tires) 245 tread width front, 275 rear
$2995 OBO

Car with one set of CCW classic wheels (17x11 front/17x12 rear) with well used Hoosier R6 tires (315/335)
$4800 OBO

Car with TWO sets of the above wheels, and a two EXTRA sets of used tires for the wheels (used but still plenty good for autoX or time attack use- victo racers, V710s, v700s) AND the camaro SS wheels
$5995

I will throw in a set of 34/21 sway bars, a stock power driver's seat and belt, ac/heater control head with any of the above.

PARTS
Holley 650 Double Pumper carburetor with complete tuning kit (jets, pump cams, etc) $160
Global West Trac-link torque arm (Has mount for 9" rear. Needs new rear mount for stock rear which is available from Global west ) $120
G-tech pro "Competition" model $60
Two SPARCO seats, need to be re-upholstered or run em as is if you aren't worried about looks - $120 for the pair
Pioneer Cd/mp3 player (with thirdgen adapter) and a set of pioneer 4x6 and 6x9 speakers $60 bucks for the set, come get it
RARE factory fiberglass (SMC) camaro hood. Very good condition, no delamination but needs some work to get the surface ready for paint. 30 lbs lighter than most stock hoods. $60 dollars
SPOHN steel panhard bar minus rod ends and spacers (just the tube) $20
Thirdgen aluminum driveshaft with some minor blemishes but still perfectly usable $40
2004R transmission core with stagerite trans brake (broken od ring gear and (?) intermediate shaft (shaft that runs into the od gear) ) $40
The "real" art carr (california performance transmissions) 9/11 torque converter, 3400ish stall for 2004r, needs a cut and clean $40
Pats performance torque converter for 2004r, 3400ish stall, needs a cut and clean, $40
91/92 RS rear spoiler (the style without the third brake light installed) $FREE

All prices are negotiable

Come take EVERYTHING for $6195 OBO

I will be adding more pictures (and possibly parts or details I have forgotten) later. It really kills me to sell this but I'm afraid it has to go. I'd like to see someone buy it and go tear up C prepared or Time attack. The car is very fun and easy to drive at the limit. You won't be disappointed the first time you take it out on the track.

P.M. me if you are interested in any of this. I prefer local pickup right now but may be open to other arrangements.

(Long shot here, but will consider trades/partial trades for a high quality road racing or track bicycle - 54-55 cm or "medium")

Thanks

Last edited by Pablo; 10-20-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 IROC
Re: '91 Z28 Time attack/AutoX car + parts

Good luck with the sale. If I was local I'd pick this up in a heartbeat. You've come along ways since your TBI Firebird I remember from years ago. This car is one of my favorites on the board. Thx for all that you have contributed over the years, and hope to see ya in another 3rd gen when you get back.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks Kevin, good hearing from you! I was surprised to see your name, I haven't seen you post in awhile.
If it doesn't sell I just might take it with me to Italy anyway. I'll have figure out a way around the nonsense I am sure I will encounter. At worst it will be a track only car. Hopefully I will get to hit up Monza
Take care,
Pablo
Old 10-26-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 iroc Arctic White w/gold ss stri
Engine: Turbo'd 5.3 in process
Transmission: T-56 w/SPEC stage 3+ clutch
Axle/Gears: 9" Moser w/3.25's

OK so I might have missed it, but where is the car located?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, where is the car located?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91Z28
Engine: 5.7 ls1
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Seen this car in person and it's really nice and Its located in california unless he has moved it in the past months.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry guys.. It is (was) in CA (southern) but it's now on it's way to Italy.

Maybe the next picts you see of it will be from autodromo di siracusa (big road course in Sicily) since that will be near where I'll be living. Or maybe I'll make a pilgrimage to Monza