Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[Sold] 1992 B4C/1LE (NC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 pontiac bonneville
Engine: LB9 305
Transmission: MK6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42
1992 B4C/1LE (NC)

hate to do it but bills force the sale of the car , its a 1992 B4C/1LE ex texas department of public safety trooper car DPS pursuit Number 586 of 589, When I got the car , the 305 short block had been replaced at some point , so I didnt hurt anything by building a hot 355 to drop in it, engine has a eagle balanced rotating assy wit eagle rods and eagle crank and a set of keith black flat tops, I used a new ZZ4 takeout cam that had never been run, and a double roller tiing set, blue print engine 190 cc heads in 64 cc chambers ebay full roller rockers, howards pushrods , engine has 10 to 1 CR , used a scoggins and dickey vortec lower tpi intake with a set of edelbrock hi flo runners and ported the stock upper, 52 mm bbk tb and a set of ford 21lb injectors. breathing out through a set of dynodons coated headers , into a 3 inch single exhaust out of a magnaflow 3 inch single exit muffler.

When I got the car the rear end was noisy and after removing the cover found the ring and pinion was galled up from someone leaving the pinion nut loose, and I found a guy with a good mid 80s iroc 9 bolt that was posi and had 3.45 gears, so i swapped out the rear until i could rebuild the stocker. so the car includes the stock 10 bolt rear and a good set of 3.42 gears to replace to originals with, they are from a v6 4th gen so i'm sure they where not abused. I also replaced the lower rear control arms with a set of founders tubulars and a tubular pan hard bar. I installed a bmr wonderbar up front and a set of weld in sub frame connectors.

Before I installed the new engine I replaced the engine mounts with some Poly inserts and installed a new clutch and new metal slave and master for the clutch hydraulics .

now the bad, I have tried to tune the car with an ostrich 2.0 emulator and no matter what tune i used it still wants to run lean on acceleration according to the wideband, so I suspect the fuel pump isnt up to the task, Im going to put a fp gauge on it this week and see if its a pressure problem and I highly suspect it is. so its gonna need a fuel pump before it can be driven any distance.

Also the interior will need to be put back together, I have the parts , I removed the center console when I pulled the engine cause I pulled the transmission out at the same time so I had to remove the center console and I was going to put the correct grey carpet back in and remove all the retarded stereo wiring the previous owner had installed . I will slowly be repainting the interior panels back to grey and reinstalling the black carpet and reinstalling the interior. It had a set of leather forthget seats but I found a set of the correct fronts, but havent gotten the rears replaced yet, the front need recovered like most of the others. Ill get some pics of the seats today when I go to my shop.

Car is not perfect by any means but it is solid, , PO installed all new door weather striping when they painted the car and they painted the door jams and under the hood, its a decent paint job , but it does have scraps on the nose and some chips on the passenger side. but it is totally rust free.

Looking to get $4000 with engine and 3000 without the engine.has a clean TX title. 804-366-3990 if you want to talk to me about it.

Last edited by fullsize fun; 02-23-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 pontiac bonneville
Engine: LB9 305
Transmission: MK6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: 1992 B4C/1LE (NC)