Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Delco Radio Display Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '86 IROC Z
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: 700R4
Delco Radio Display Problem

Hey Guys,

The Display in my Delco Radio is acting strangely - The Clock shows the time as "1.00" - it seems to be locked at this all the time, I have tried to adjust the Hour/Min settings with no success.

When I turn the Radio on I get the frequency numbers but some stations are showing the wrong frequency numbers although the Radio Station is correct. Also when the radio was turned on, the Clock/Time would return in the display after less than a minute or so, but now this dosen't happen.

I have just re-installed the Radio and it was working fine until a couple of days ago and it is wired correctly.

Have you got any any ideas or could my Display/Radio be fried?

Thanks for any reply.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:32 PM

brace yourself for my profound answer.. i think somethings broken i dunno anything about internal electronics of radios tho.. maybe someone else can be of more help?
Old 06-03-2002, 11:55 AM

Re: Delco Radio Display Problem

Sorry I do not have an answer for you. Thought you would like to know that I have a similar problem with my '87 Firebird. Random times are displayed and radio frequencies never match actual station.

I have not investigated the problem in depth yet. My gut feeling is that unless it is a simple connection problem, your probably better off with a complete replacement.

I still have not decided between replacing my entire system (Alpine CD etc.) or stay factory. I would like to know if factory replacements are available.

I know this doesn't help, but if I have any other information I will pass it on.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:46 PM

Car: '86 IROC Z
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: 700R4
Radio Display is back.......

Aren't electronics weird?

Disconnected the radio including the battery and then re-connected everything back up again.

Guess what, everything is back to normal but how long for is anybody's guess.

It is/was probably a dry joint in the radio's circuit board or just a bad connection.