Carburetors Carb discussion and questions. Upgrading your Third Gen's carburetor, swapping TBI to carburetor, or TPI to carburetor? Need LG4 or H.O. info? Post it here.

Correct Brackets for Edelbrock

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: '84 Trans Am
Engine: 357 SBC
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.73, Torsen Diff
Correct Brackets for Edelbrock

There is quite a few threads on this subject, but I'm just not finding the right info. Unfortunately I've already purchased a couple of brackets that turned out to be incorrect before the tear down, so I'd like to ensure I have the best chance of getting the correct brackets this time.

What I'm looking for, are the correct mounting brackets for throttle, cruise, and TV, as well as the correct geometry correction arm, and any other necessary brackets, etc. If anyone has an idea about the correct throttle return spring, that'd be super awesome, too.

Additionally, I need a new TV cable since the PO decided he didn't need it after he yanked the Quadrajet and snipped it off. Can anyone point me to the proper replacement part\length?

Thanks!
Mike

Last edited by Jorlain; 10-26-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: LG4 305/4bbl for now
Transmission: 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Posi
Re: Correct Brackets for Edelbrock

I cannot speak for the bracket, but I have seen ones for Edelbrocks in the past and you also need an adapter for the throttle arm on the carburetor. If you contact Edelbrock im sure they can help you. as for the TV cable, any parts store will have the correct one on the shelf for an 84 Z28.