Carburetors Carb discussion and questions. Upgrading your Third Gen's carburetor, swapping TBI to carburetor, or TPI to carburetor? Need LG4 or H.O. info? Post it here.

quad secondaries tuning help!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quad secondaries tuning help!!!!!!!!1

Is there any way to get the secondary av flaps to open faster and a what rpm do they usually open normally? Iv seen a few things in magazines and the net about adjusting the flaps but i have no idea of the process and i dont want to screw up my carb. any help would be great thanx

------------------
keep the stang's far behind u and the cops even farther
Old 10-18-2000, 05:54 PM

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 82 Berlinetta/57 Bel Air
Engine: LS1/LQ4
Transmission: 4L60E/4L80E
Axle/Gears: 12B-3.73/9"-3.89
There's a tech article about adjusting the AV spring, which if you haven't you should read. The other thing that affects opening rate is the choke pull-off, a vacuum servo that keeps the AV closed until vacuum drops below a certain point. The pull-off has a small port that restricts how quickly the vacuum will bleed off the servo even though engine vacuum has dropped way off. Opening up that port will quicken the response time of the AV.

Start with the AV spring adjustment, test driving with the pull-off vacuum blocked off. When that's right, re-attach the pull-off vacuum to see if it is slowing things down.

------------------
82 Berlinetta, orig V-6 car. Rescued w/86 LG4/TH700R with all harnesses, sensors, ECM, etc. 2.73 open. Cat-back from '91 GTA, Accel HEI SuperCoil. AMSOIL syn lubes bumper-to-bumper. Daily driver, work-in-progress (LB9 w/ZZ3 cam, exhaust, paint, etc.).
57 Bel Air, my 1st car. Currently 396 .030 over, Weiand Action+, Edelbrock 1901 Q-Jet, Jacobs Omnipack, 1-3/4" headers, TH400 w/TCI Sat Night Special conv & shift kit, 3.08 10-bolt, AMSOIL syn lubes bumper-to-bumper. Best 15.1 @ 5800' Bandimere. Daily driver while Camaro was being put together.