Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

ninetyone-lousy communicator, late shipper. bad experience.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: SOLD IT. Mopar guy only now.
Engine: gone
Transmission: gone
Axle/Gears: gone
ninetyone-lousy communicator, late shipper. bad experience.

I need a 350 tbi conversion chip. Ninetyone saw this and PMed me. At that time I was exploring options so I did not purchase. I messaged him a month later and decided I was going to go with him and his chip. No problem. We work out details. He responds very quickly and effectively. I feel very good. I send payment for chip on May 1st, 2013 via paypal. He is in Delaware so I figured I'd receive chip in 2 weeks time. May 10th. I personal message via TGO. He states chip has been sent already (which means before May 10). I say awesome can I get tracking #? He responds he will get me tracking #. okay no problem. A few days go by chip is not in hand. I PM again asking for tracking, asking for how it was shipped etc. (I ship a lot of stuff and I know even the slowest shipping doesn't take more than 7 business days via any source). He responds he will look into getting me the tracking info I wanted. I waited numerous days again and no tracking. (I need car on the road, I told him I needed it rushed). I message again asking for tracking he again states he will get me tracking. He doesn't say anything like "Weird it should be there by now, or anything" So I know it hasn't been sent. By this time I figure I am not going to get my chip. I was being a nice guy and gave him plenty of oppurtunities to come clean that it wasn't shipped. So I couldn't wait any longer. I contact Brian at TunedPerformance and told him I needed a chip. We went over details I paid him more than he wanted to ensure it got send priority and within 3 days it was here. (works great). I then contacted Ninetyone named Oscar and said you know what it is obvious you have not sent my chip out, and aren't planning on it. If their was some problem you would have told me. So please just refund my money and I will not post anything negative about you on TGO. He responded saying that none of his chips are available for refund because they are custom per application. (I understand this, I also did not get a chip from him at this time). I responded saying I understand but since he did not send chip he can refund. And that I would open a paypal dispute if he did not refund me. Well magically the chip appears in mail a few days later. He messages me to please stop paypal dispute. I tell him no I dont need the chip anymore I had to go somewhere else because he did not ship it out in a timely manner and didn't tell me when I was getting it and he lied. The shipment date on chip was may 28, 2012. A full 4 weeks after I paid and a full 18 days after he told me it was shipped out. So I told him I would ship it back and he can refund me my money. He said how weird and that he shipped it out earlier he asked for trackign so I took picture of the package and sent to him. He then used that tracking to give to paypal and now the dispute is closed because I ended up receving item. An item I no longer need. Now he won't respond to PM or Email. He is a liar, a bad business man. I have not opened his package yet, I don't want to use his product because I have no confidence in it and I don't need it anymore. And to think he is willing to get his name faulted for a $45 ECM chip is ludicrous. He is going to lose a lot more than refunding me my money and getting his chip back, with the potential customers he is going to lose.

All he had to say was it was going to be a few weeks before shipment.

Instead I ended up paying for 2 chips and I only need 1.

I also guess it is wrong for him to solicit his services over paid sponsors but I don't know too much about that so that will take care of itself.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Supreme Member

Re: ninetyone-lousy communicator, late shipper. bad experience.

sorry for long post but trying to be as descriptive as possible
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I got an unsoliceted PM from him offering to burn a chip for me, Though I had no posts asking for a chip anywhere.

That was a red flag for me.

Brian does my chip work and is great to work with.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze
I got an unsoliceted PM from him offering to burn a chip for me, Though I had no posts asking for a chip anywhere.

That was a red flag for me.

Brian does my chip work and is great to work with.
Yeah I had a wanted add for an 8063 ECM and a chip. He messaged me saying he can sell me the ecm if i wanted but he could just burn a chip for my 8746.

Trust me I regret not going with Brian. Brian just messaged me last night and really showed me how great his character is and what type of business man he is. I recomend him to anyone needing chip tuning.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Him jeopardizing his reputation for $45 and you whining over $45=both ludicrous

Old 06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by g92optioned
Him jeopardizing his reputation for $45 and you whining over $45=both ludicrous

Whining over $45?

So you would not care if someone took $45 from you?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Supreme Member

So if he did that to 100 people it'd be okay also because every person only lost 45 bucks? no.

I am reporting a bad seller here. Yes I got the product eventually. But a 45 dollar product is now a 90 dollar product. Their is principles here.

I have a great seller rating on here. I strive to do that. If something was going to take that long I would notify the buyer, and if they weren't happy to wait that long I would refund them. He could at any point said. I am behind it will be out xxxx day
Old 06-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze
Whining over $45?

So you would not care if someone took $45 from you?
Yes I would care. What I wouldn't do is go bitch to anyone about it. I'd either confront him (in this case impossible) or sulk internally and strive to prevent a recurrence.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 367 Likes on 296 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

This whole thread is to prevent a recurrence!! For other members. Hence the reviews board we have here
Old 06-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Agreed, should have went with Brian first and foremost...
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 89 IROC/89 Vert/87 Vert/89 GTA Vert
Engine: 5.7/5.0/5.0/5.7
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9" 2.77/9" 3:23/9" 3:42

I for one think the $45 is trivial. I feel the PayPal dispute was a complete loss of LOTS of $ for ninetyone. Suck it up and pay back the $45, if not I guarantee others will research and think more than twice about dealing with him, Is it all worth $45 for your pride and repuatation? You messed up according to the postmark. I will be using TunedPerformance when I get my chip redone.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Supreme Member

Well I know to go with Brian and I am not slandering Oscar aka ninety one product it may work great! Or Their may be a tpi chip in the package I didn't open it. I don't want to because if he can't do a little thing as communicate good how good can the tune be? It is 45 bucks. I am not hurting for it. The problem is the chip wasn't for my car personally. So I look like an ahole to the owner of the car taking a month to get a chip for it too.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91' Firebird SOLD
Engine: 350 TPI +bolt-ons
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by UnderCover89TBI
So if he did that to 100 people it'd be okay also because every person only lost 45 bucks? no.

I am reporting a bad seller here. Yes I got the product eventually. But a 45 dollar product is now a 90 dollar product. Their is principles here.

I have a great seller rating on here. I strive to do that. If something was going to take that long I would notify the buyer, and if they weren't happy to wait that long I would refund them. He could at any point said. I am behind it will be out xxxx day
I apologize about the communication Anthony. Yes, you got a good chip. In fact I have sold probably close to 100 custom chips to other members on here and have had very little issue. Most have written me back about how happy there were with the purchase and how much better their car performed afterwards! Anyhow, you got what you paid for. A well made custom prom. I don't generally accept returns on custom made chips because their is the potential for them to go bad if mis-handled. They are static sensitive and can be damaged very easily. A blank prom is very cheap of course, but it is my time creating the custom file that you paid for. All in all, you got a great product. yes, there was an issue with the shipping ,which is rare,but I do apologize for that.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

Originally Posted by ninetyone
I apologize about the communication Anthony. Yes, you got a good chip. In fact I have sold probably close to 100 custom chips to other members on here and have had very little issue. Most have written me back about how happy there were with the purchase and how much better their car performed afterwards! Anyhow, you got what you paid for. A well made custom prom. I don't generally accept returns on custom made chips because their is the potential for them to go bad if mis-handled. They are static sensitive and can be damaged very easily. A blank prom is very cheap of course, but it is my time creating the custom file that you paid for. All in all, you got a great product. yes, there was an issue with the shipping ,which is rare,but I do apologize for that.
I'm not gonna take sides here. But ninetyone, do you realize what you are doing to yourself? You just mentioned that you have sold "close to a 100 chips to members" here on TGO. You are not a vendor man. You cannot sell and make a profit without being a paid vendor dude.

Last edited by Chevy86 IROC-Z; 06-09-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91' Firebird SOLD
Engine: 350 TPI +bolt-ons
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z
I'm not gonna take sides here. But ninetyone, do you realize what you are doing to yourself? You just mentioned that you have sold "close to a 100 chips to members" here on TGO. You are not a vendor man. You cannot sell and make a profit without being a paid vendor dude.
It's no one's business what I do on this website. Anything I or anyone else does is their own private business. Thirdgen is not a business either, it's just a website.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

It's no one's business what I do on this website. Anything I or anyone else does is their own private business. Thirdgen is not a business either, it's just a website.
Bro. Look at my status. I was a "Supreme Member." I was selling and making a profit too. I was not a vendor and apart from my immature antics, selling when I wasn't supposed to led to my probation. Think about it man.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Although ThirdGen.org is free to use, it is not free to operate. If someone is going to use our website to sell on a commercial level for profit, it's only fair that we request those members to pay a fee for the ability to do so. You won't find many websites or other outlets with a large base that will allow free advertising without some sort of catch or restriction.

We've sent you some details in regard to your account and advertising.

Thanks