Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

ac compressor and a mystery vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 RS Camro Ttop
Engine: 5.0 LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
ac compressor and a mystery vacuum line

while flushing this weekend I pressure washed my engine bay mainly because somebody never cleaned anything, couldn't tell a fresh leak from a 10yr. leak and just get grimy to check the oil. Once clean I found the vacuum line that wasn't hooked up for my heater vent selector switch. Which actually still isn't right but it works. Whatever is supposed to be hooked up on the vacuum line that exits the back of the intake (LO3) wasn't and the line was plugged off. I just hooked the heater one into that one and it works but I'm sure something else was ran off that line. Anyone have a clue?

I was thinking that maybe the heater switch not working was why my ac compressor wouldn't turn on. I checked the fuse and it's good. The clutch turns by hand so I don't think the compressor itself is bad. Can I test the wire with an ohms reader, what should it read? Anything else I'm missing? It's a t top car and although I love a drive with em out, I don't wanna take em out every time I go somewhere this summer so ac is a must.