DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Hypertech or no hypertech

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Trans-am
Engine: LT1
Hypertech or no hypertech

Hi I was looking at a programer from Hypertech the tune my 1995 LT1 350. Got a few prices from the local dealers and also checked out Ebay listing. To my surprise there was a bunch of programer for sale. My first question is, why are so many unit forsale?
Second question is, on Hypertech web site it stated that once the programer is plugged to a car computer it reads the computer I.D number and is only good for the computer?
These Dudes on Ebay not telling that.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks mike.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: Hypertech or no hypertech

Originally posted by cybertiger130
Hi I was looking at a programer from Hypertech the tune my 1995 LT1 350. Got a few prices from the local dealers and also checked out Ebay listing. To my surprise there was a bunch of programer for sale. My first question is, why are so many unit forsale?
Second question is, on Hypertech web site it stated that once the programer is plugged to a car computer it reads the computer I.D number and is only good for the computer?
These Dudes on Ebay not telling that.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks mike.
So many for sale cause they don't work, and people are unhappy, at least from the few I've heard from.
Yep, really smart controller, so your forced to buy and buy and buy and buy. Car gets totalled and just to add insult to injury you have to buy a new programmer. Gee swell.