DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Interesting Results from a Comparison

Old 08-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Interesting Results from a Comparison

In an effort to learn more about tuning, I made a comparison of the AXXF LB9 bin, the AUJP F-L98 bin, and the ARFP Y-L98 bin to see what kind of changes were made in respect to differences in displacement, performance, etc. I used the AXXF simply because that's my stock bin and the other 2 fall in line somewhat with mods that I'll be making and have made.

What I found I both don't understand, do understand, and totally confuse me all at the same time! Changes from one to the other sometimes make complete sense while other times it just seems completly wrong, and some instances even contradict the other 2! Anyway I found it very interesting so following that I attached the comparisons I made, all taken from 100% virgin bins from diy-efi.org All variables that were the same in all 3 were left out and the obvious things like injector flow rate, prom id, and checksum were also left out. It is in a simple .txt file so it's easy to read, small, and not have anyone freaked out about viruses. You can just click and see it as a web page or you can download it.

Please check it out and post any thoughts!

http://www.TransAmGTA.com/Temp/Comparison.txt
Old 08-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: Interesting Results from a Comparison

Originally posted by 92GTA
In an effort to learn more about tuning, I made a comparison of the AXXF LB9 bin, the AUJP F-L98 bin, and the ARFP Y-L98 bin to see what kind of changes were made in respect to differences in displacement, performance, etc. I used the AXXF simply because that's my stock bin and the other 2 fall in line somewhat with mods that I'll be making and have made.

What I found I both don't understand, do understand, and totally confuse me all at the same time! Changes from one to the other sometimes make complete sense while other times it just seems completly wrong, and some instances even contradict the other 2! Anyway I found it very interesting so following that I attached the comparisons I made, all taken from 100% virgin bins from diy-efi.org All variables that were the same in all 3 were left out and the obvious things like injector flow rate, prom id, and checksum were also left out. It is in a simple .txt file so it's easy to read, small, and not have anyone freaked out about viruses. You can just click and see it as a web page or you can download it.

Please check it out and post any thoughts!

http://www.TransAmGTA.com/Temp/Comparison.txt

You do know there are several variantions of code for the 8D?.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok here is an example....

EGR Enable Min. MAT Temp.

and

Spark Advance Decay Rate Startup

Why would it be so totally different in AUJP than in the other 2, it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean it now where even close to the other 2...
Old 08-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by 92GTA
Why would it be so totally different in AUJP than in the other 2, it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean it now where even close to the other 2...
When you have millions of cars using the calibration, in all sorts of conditions, and the EPA to deal with, at times things don't make complete sense.

The CAFE numbers overrule everything, other then liability lawsuits, IMO.