DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

couldnt think of anywhere else for this

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 RS, 02 Tacoma, 2 73 Porsche 914s
couldnt think of anywhere else for this

how hard would it be to convince somebody to make something that read off of the aldl and sent to a lcd display that would show your blm and integrator #'s.

what are your thoughts on this, it would be the best a/f ratio gauge available.
actually i think it would be nice to set up console gauge cluster above the radio that would read a lot more, like tps voltage, map, would this be impossible because of the slow rate of the aldl?
Old 07-05-2001, 08:31 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
What's your setup Snuffy?
Old 07-05-2001, 08:36 PM

92 305cu tbi. 8746 ecu. stock.

------------------
Dale Earnhardt, #3 has crossed the finish line with a victory.

IM: snflupigus | ICQ: 96787192

Snflupigus.com

Open Element Tech Article

ENGINE SPECS:
Stock Rating: 170bhp & 255ft-lbs
305 TBI,Open Element,K&N 14x3,Hypertech Stage I,454 GM TBI
Now Rating: A Little More

STEREO SPECS:
JVC Kalmeleon kdlx3,Infinity Kappa 2way 6x9's,PPI 4x6 Coaxials,PPI PC2400 AMP @ 2ohm
DEI Studio 12" 4ohm DVC,Custom Box:Exactly 1 Cubic Foot
Old 07-05-2001, 09:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by snflupigus:
how hard would it be to convince somebody to make something that read off of the aldl and sent to a lcd display that would show your blm and integrator #'s.

what are your thoughts on this, it would be the best a/f ratio gauge available.
actually i think it would be nice to set up console gauge cluster above the radio that would read a lot more, like tps voltage, map, would this be impossible because of the slow rate of the aldl?
</font>
Change LCD to LED, and you have a Scanmaster, so far 148 and LT1 are the only ones available. I have the 148 version on my GN and love it. Just reads one item at a time, so you can kinda glance at it to see what something is at the moment. 3 wire hook up, and a push buttom to scroll thur the displayed items.

Between this and the Translator ya'll should get ahold of Bailey Eng., and ask what kinda min order he would need to crank up a version for the 3rd gen cars.

His address is at the gnttype.org area.

Beleive it or not makes chip burning alot easier, when you have all the tools available. You can't data logg with it, but it's a whole lot cheaper then Diacom Plus.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:46 PM

maybe i should just buy the cherry looking red gnx down the street. LOL. naa, ill check with that guy though. thanks.

i figure, im a smart guy, im a cs major, and i know i could really get this chip burning stuff down really well if i just took some time to learn it.

i just wish i could get my programming teacher into it. the guy is a freaking genious, he just got done with a contract for the gov encrypting gps hardware for some satalites going up soon.

the only auto stuff hes done is program a high tech alignment machine. wish he was a car guy
Old 07-06-2001, 03:44 PM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27
Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts
Car: 87 Formula T-Top, 87 Formula HT
Engine: 5.1L TPI, 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 700R4, M5
Axle/Gears: Sag 3.73, B&W 3.45
hmph, I was thinkin about doing something like this in the front of my overhead console. There are those almost useless dials & numbers thingies I was thinking of making into a High intensity LED display of some sort. Since all I need is a few wires to go up there, All I would need is a small enough computer to convert the info...hmmmm

John