DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

In car laptop holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In car laptop holder

Has anyone here built a laptop holder in your car? I have a $20 POS laptop, I laugh every time I use the seatbelt to hold it in It would be nice to have something holding the laptop and still being able to reach the keyboard (start and stoping the data log). I was thinking of getting another POS laptop and mounting the screen on the dash somewhere, but I figured that I was asking to ding-dong a tree if I did that.
Old 07-17-2001, 04:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z28Man:
Has anyone here built a laptop holder in your car? I have a $20 POS laptop, I laugh every time I use the seatbelt to hold it in It would be nice to have something holding the laptop and still being able to reach the keyboard (start and stoping the data log). I was thinking of getting another POS laptop and mounting the screen on the dash somewhere, but I figured that I was asking to ding-dong a tree if I did that. </font>
Stop car, so laptop thing, drive your lap, stop car undo laptop mood.
When driving do driving.
Not being smart here, friend just really messed up his car and 2 others when glancing from ahead of the car to passenger seat.

Old 07-17-2001, 08:49 PM
Banned

Also what helps a lot is to learn the keyboard shortcuts for Diacom. For example... I have Diacom set to autoload when I turn on the laptop. Then I just know I have to press 2... Enter three times. Then whenever you want to start capturing you press space and dont worry about it. Stop.. press space again. Then I press D for (Disk) then S for (Save) then press Enter, type a short 1 letter or digit file name and press enter. When it gets done you press E twice to exit, then again 2 and 3 X Enter. All this time I look at the screen maybe 3 seconds.
Old 07-19-2001, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 Red Sled
Axle/Gears: 10bolt Richmond 3.73 Torsen
Check out www.galls.com
I was looking for a laptop holder the other day and they have the only universal one I can find. It's expensive so I'm looking for alternative options like a full time friend in the front seat. Not one of those friends that you have to tell how to do EVERYTHING but someone that actually understands voice commands .
The laptop holder uses the bolts for the front seat and then has an arm with adjustable joints. It's trick but it doesn't look all that strong. I'm just going to buy some metal and do some fabrication that uses the front seat bolts.

------------------
, Jon (350 TBI!)
91 Red My website
Old 07-22-2001, 08:51 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JPrevost:
It's expensive so I'm looking for alternative options like a full time friend in the front seat. Not one of those friends that you have to tell how to do EVERYTHING but someone that actually understands voice commands</font>
Well, that leaves out my wife. Too bad, I was ready to do a good deal for her...