DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Programming LS1 computer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programming LS1 computer?

I was just wondering what software is out that will allow you to mess with the programming of an LS1's computer? Also, what hardware is necessary to allow you to connect the ECM to your computer to do the reprograming?

Specifically, I'd like to know if you could reprogram a Corvette's computer so that when you take your foot off the gas the throttle will slam shut, just as if it was mechanically actuated, instead of it closing real slow like Vettes do from the factory.

Any info on reprogramming these ECMs is greatly appreciated,

Jason
Old 10-10-2001, 08:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 89BlwnRs:
I was just wondering what software is out that will allow you to mess with the programming of an LS1's computer? Also, what hardware is necessary to allow you to connect the ECM to your computer to do the reprograming?
Specifically, I'd like to know if you could reprogram a Corvette's computer so that when you take your foot off the gas the throttle will slam shut, just as if it was mechanically actuated, instead of it closing real slow like Vettes do from the factory.
Any info on reprogramming these ECMs is greatly appreciated,
Jason
</font>
There are several firms working on cracking them but none that I know of or would recommend are advertising it yet. Lingenfelters has been given alot of classified info from GM for their vetter program, but I don't know ir they are doing customer work other then for their own cars.

There is alot more at issue in speeding up the butterfly movement, ie fueling and timing changes also.
The C5 factory cars are running a Bosch management system, and you might check around to see if they are fly by wire or in fact had to go to a cable system to get them right.

Old 10-10-2001, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Grumpy, it's greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jason