DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

bin-ebl???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bin-ebl???

Another dumb question from a newb. If the ebl already has its own bin file installed. What does the prom do?? And if I only transfer my stock prom to a 28 pin chip, will the ebl still run My combination better than before. I'm sure it will but Im confused as to the bin definition. I thought that the bin was stored on the prom??
Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 PM

Car: 88sc
Engine: 305 for now
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: peg
Re: bin-ebl???

i'll try this one, just to see if i've got it straight myself.

the bin is stored on the PROM chip. the chip is installed on the EBL board in your ECM.

your stock or current bin, because of the hardware, won't be compatible with EBL, as it has its own definition/xfd/whatever. the way i understand it, your EBL ships with a 'baseline' bin, and a utility in which you input stuff like displacement, injector size, fuel pressure, base timing, etc., and it whips up a quick starting point .bin

you burn this new bin to a chip, install it into the socket on the EBL board, and spend the rest of your free time this summer between the computer in your car and the computer where you access this board as you refine your tune.

if i've got this wrong, i'm sure there are lots who know more than i do and will straighten us both out
Old 03-25-2007, 11:06 PM

Re: bin-ebl???

Hey thanks for that I think that clears everything up for me now. I wasnt sure about the hole bin swap idea. Much appreciated. Now all I have to do is put it all together and get ready for the tuning!!! LOL