DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

SAUJP Miniram Start Bin 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts
SAUJP Miniram Start Bin 1.0

Ok, having had a really great experience using SAUJP as the baseline bin, I went back and re-built the Miniram start bin using SAUJP as the baseline.

And while I'm calling it a "Miniram Start bin", it's probably applicable to other large plenum, short runner style manifolds like the RamJet and Holley Stealthram.

Some SAUJP benefits I took advantage of...

1.) WB O2 reporting in Tunerpro
2.) Open loop idle, which got me from very good off-idle throttle response to 100% perfect off-idle throttle response. "Very good" was as good as I could get it after years of screwing around with the AE. For most people I'd imagine it would be satisfactory, but I'm too **** retentive I guess...
3.) All sorts of other data reporting that's very useful for fine tuning
4.) Other things that I haven't explored yet, but may never do since I'm 100% satisfied with how the car runs now.

I've also generated a new change log showing what I changed and certain important parameters that I left as SAUJP baseline. These things will need to be tailored to youe particular application. For example-

PE fueling - don't recommend tuning without a WB
Open Loop fueling - don't recommend tuning without a WB
Initial spark advance - set to your initial advance at your distributor
Injector voltage offsets - if you have Bosch-III's you'll need the offsets for this.
among other things...

The VE values i entered represent what works on my car. However the shape of the map is extremely similar to the LT4/LT1. So my guess is you may need to scale it up or down, but the shape of the map probbaly won't change much.

Disclaimer - Anyone who uses this does so at their own risk. Using it constitutes your acknowledgement that I bear no responsibility for misuse or damage resulting from its use. I have no way of knowing what kind of engine it's being used on or the condition of the engine.

I've attached the files here. You'll also need to go over to Tunerpro.net and get the SAUJP XDF and ADX files to use with Tunerpro.
Attached Files

Last edited by ULTM8Z; 09-16-2017 at 11:14 AM.