DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

MAF code (ATTN: Grumpy, Glenn, and MAF guys)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAF code (ATTN: Grumpy, Glenn, and MAF guys)

Has anyone discovered exactly what the 165 ECM does with the MAF data? So far, we know that the MAF sends a voltage signal to the ECM, that the voltage signal is eventually converted to grams/sec using the MAF tables, that injector pulsewidth is calculated somehow, and that the MAF data, in some form, affects the pulsewidth calculation. In my mind, that leaves a lot of gaps, and who knows what happens when a digital MAF is plugged in. Can anyone shed some light on this? I am particularly interested in the pulsewidth calculation (both WOT and closed loop) and how the various data are used in the calculation. I am also curious as to how, exactly, the MAF tables are used.

Thanks,
Jon :)
Old 03-20-2002, 07:03 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: MAF code (ATTN: Grumpy, Glenn, and MAF guys)

Originally posted by Jon88GTA
Has anyone discovered exactly what the 165 ECM does with the MAF data? So far, we know that the MAF sends a voltage signal to the ECM, that the voltage signal is eventually converted to grams/sec using the MAF tables, that injector pulsewidth is calculated somehow, and that the MAF data, in some form, affects the pulsewidth calculation. In my mind, that leaves a lot of gaps, and who knows what happens when a digital MAF is plugged in. Can anyone shed some light on this? I am particularly interested in the pulsewidth calculation (both WOT and closed loop) and how the various data are used in the calculation. I am also curious as to how, exactly, the MAF tables are used.
Look around for the BUA Hac.
I think there was a copy of it at the ECMGUY's Site
Old 03-20-2002, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the hack, and I know that I'll eventually have to wade through it for myself. I'm just looking to see what information is already out there. Reading hacks and interepreting assembly is much easer for some members of this board than others.