Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Couple headlight questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro Z28
Engine: 355
Transmission: 700R4
Couple headlight questions..

So Im currently running hid low beams on my 87 Camaro with aftermarket headlight housings and nothing for the highs as I was too cheap to buy a hid my for the highs as I never use them. The kit I do have is a cheap hid kit and the quality is garbage. When I turn on the lights most times only drivers side will come on so I have to turn them off and on until both come on. Also for a quick second when I click the low beams on the is electricity arcing between the wires on the hid wiring. So with that said I'm ditching the HIDs, and going back to stock bulbs.

First off. Has anyone ever decided to ditch the high beams and run 4 low beams on their cars? If so what's involved? Obviously bulbs, bulb plugs, but the re middy be something with the wiring also to make all 4 come on at once. I like the look of the 4 lights on instead of just the two lows on the outer sides of the car.

Secondly does anyone have a how to on how to upgrade the headlight wiring to run on relays of the battery?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: LO3
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: stock
Re: Couple headlight questions..

See that reddish line up higher on the page? Click on the How Tos section and you will find lots of useful information. This is an article from the electrical section that answers much of your question. Take some time and check out the rest sometime. Here ya go!
https://www.thirdgen.org/headlightupgrade/
Henry