Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

LED Lights Full Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 Firebird TA
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock POSI
LED Lights Full Conversion

Hello everyone,

I have been working on my 86 firebird doing a full conversion to led lights for many reasons. I am sorry if this is a repost.

So far I have replaced everything except for the headlights. I used led replacement bulbs you can order from summit.

The first problem I ran into was the turn signals. For this issue the turn signals would stay lit. This is due to the reduced current and the actuators were not working because they need heat to work. They heat up and turn off. There are led actuators that work pretty well. I used PN AWW-510226 flasher-led from Summit. I replaced both hazard and turn.

That solved that issue.

The newest issue is where I have interior lights flashing. To be more specific the center consel and all four lights were flashing. I may have crossed some wires when I was doing something with the sound system; that is a separate story.

I am currently stumped and am wondering how I may have done this. I have yet to grab the service manual to refer to the wiring diagram.

Has any one else successfully accomplished this?