WCT5 w/Bellhousing & Shifter, Hayes SFI30lb Flywheel, CFDF Clutch w/PSI Plate 4 SALE

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Chevrolet RS Camaro
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: WC T5 conversion
Axle/Gears: Debatable . . .
WCT5 w/Bellhousing & Shifter, Hayes SFI30lb Flywheel, CFDF Clutch w/PSI Plate 4 SALE

It's time to upgrade the drivetrain. As such, I am selling off my T5 setup.

Cost:

$600.00 FIRM + shipping + packing (crate) and it's all yours. If you live in the DFW area, we MIGHT be able to work out something for a delivery like meeting halfway. I would prefer to sell locally to reduce the buyer's overall cost and to keep from having to ship the parts out.

What is NOT included:

The clutch safety switch
The pedal assembly
Torque arm mount

What needs to be replaced:

Reverse light switch
Clutch dust cover (if you do not like the home-made one)
Flywheel to crankshaft bolts (they stretch and should not be reused)
PSI Plate to flywheel bolts (they stretch and should not be reused)
Bellhousing to engine bolts (they stretch and should not be reused)

What is included:

The factory clutch hydraulic fluid reservoir and line
Clutch master cylinder
Clutch master cylinder to clutch slave cylinder factory feed line (plastic)
Clutch slave cylinder (metal)
Clutch slave cylinder heat shield (mounting threads drilled out bolts/nuts included)
GM T5 factory V8 bellhousing (ground down where the slave cylinder bolts in in order to clear the Headman 1 5/8 primary/3" collector long tube headers)
Transmission to bellhousing bolts
WC T5 w/ factory shifter
1992 VSS (for 91-92 Camaro/Firebird)
Hayes billet flywheel (1pc rear main seal, 30 lb steel, 153 tooth, for 86-92 Camaro/Firebird)
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (10.5") w/ PSI Plate (for 86-92 Camaro/Firebird)
Centerforce throwout bearing (for CF DFC for 86-92 Camaro/Firebird)
Factory clutch fork & boot
Clutch dust shield (reworked Th700 dust cover)

I will include the used Flywheel to crankshaft bolts & PSI Plate to flywheel bolts. They SHOULD NOT be re-used as they stretch. It will show you what size they need to be though. The reverse light switch is also included BUT, it does NOT work

Details:

Tag # = 1352-176
Make = GM 1988 F Car lO3 TBI 5.0L V8
Model = WC
Code = U
Gear Ratios = 2.76 2.95 1.94 1.34 1.00 0.63

The following has been modified. The bellhousing has been ground down where the slave cylinder bolts in in order to clear the Headman 1 5/8 primary/3" collector long tube headers. The slave cylinder still bolts in fine and there are no stress marks, cracks, etc on the bellhousing. The slave cylinder heat shield has threads on it to where bolts screw in to mount the clutch slave cylinder to the bellhousing. Those threads have been drilled out so that bolts and actual nuts could be used to mount the clutch slave cylinder. I also reworked the old 700R4 dust cover to work as a dust cover for the T5 as I was never able to find one for the T5.

The setup has been in my car (1992 Chevrolet Camro RS) behind stock TBI since Spring of 2007. The VSS was purchased from the dealership when I did this conversion in Spring of 2007. The clutch master cylinder and clutch salve cylinder are from Summit. I installed them in the Summer of 2007 because the factory units were leaking. The salve cylinder is the metal unit. I do not use the clutch unless I am going into first from a dead stop or reverse. I very seldom get on my car and have only raced maybe 15 passes. I have not dumped the clutch, power shifted or speed shifted at any point. All the shifts are clutchless and lifting off the gas. All gear engagement is smooth with the engine on, under load, and with the engine off. There are no noises, whines, growls, vibrations, grinding, etc. The transmission works perfectly.

Please PM me or post here if interested. This is obviously priced to sell. $600.00 is a giveaway price as the flywheel and clutch with shipping are right at that price if purchased new.

*edit* I went through and changed the layout so it's easier to read and to reflect the addition of some parts.

Last edited by racer J; 03-27-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Easier to read layout . . .
Old 03-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Car: 1992 Chevrolet RS Camaro
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: WC T5 conversion
Axle/Gears: Debatable . . .
Re: WCT5 w/Bellhousing & Shifter, Hayes SFI30lb Flywheel, CFDF Clutch w/PSI Plate 4 S

I left out that the Centerforce throw out bearing and factory clutch fork & boot are also included. I also want to add that the VSS is brand new. I purchased it from the dealership when I did this conversion in Spring of 2007.

I will not be able to use the the T5 hydraulic system as i had hoped so, that will now be included as well. The clutch master and salve cylinder are from Summit. I installed them in the Summer of 2007. The salve cylinder is the metal unit.

So, this sale now includes the following items:

The clutch hydraulic reservoir and line, clutch master cylinder, feed line (plastic), clutch slave cylinder (metal), T5 V8 bellhousing, WC T5 w/ factory shifter & 1992 VSS, Hayes billet flywheel (1pc rear main seal, 30 lb steel, neutral balance, 153 tooth), Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (10.5") w/ PSI Plate, Centerforce throwout bearing, and the factory clutch fork & boot.

I also reworked the old 700R4 dust cover to work as a dust cover for the T5 as I was never able to find one for the T5. That will be included.

All you will need to buy is a reverse light switch, clutch safety switch, the pedal assembly, a torque arm mount, and a clutch dust shield (if you do not like my homemade one).
Old 08-31-2008, 03:49 PM

Re: WCT5 w/Bellhousing & Shifter, Hayes SFI30lb Flywheel, CFDF Clutch w/PSI Plate 4 S

just wondering if u still have the swap i know somebody looking for one
Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 PM

whats shipping to 10453
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 AM

Car: 83 Z28 modified 350
Engine: 350
Transmission: T5

Do you still have this? If so am very interested. I could drive down to pick it up. I need to make a trip to Dallas area pretty quick anyway. What is VSS? I currently have a 85 T5 and its going bad so want to go with a WCT5. Please let me know and a send me your phone # so I can discuss this with you.