[IN] [WTB] SLP Camshaft, Valvetrain Components and other Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '87 Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
[WTB] SLP Camshaft, Valvetrain Components and other Parts

Good afternoon all! I'm going to be pulling the L98 out of my GTA to rebuild it starting this weekend and I've decided that as part of the rebuild process, I want to upgrade said engine with some of the best aftermarket goodies one could get thirty years ago. To put it simply, I'm trying to build the best 3rd Gen I can while still keeping it somewhat "original" and most importantly, era appropriate, meaning no modern aftermarket components for me. Anyways, I've got a list of SLP aftermarket parts that I have high hopes of tracking down for my project which I'll put below. I know there are probably better parts available nowadays, but for me at least, keeping a car era appropriate is extremely important. Not to mention half the fun is in finding everything, or so I've been told.

- FIrst and most importantly; Tri-Ys (SLP or Accel / Lingfelter Clones) --- Yes, I know there's a pair up for sale, but they don't have the AIR connections and I kind of need a pair that's still set up for dual cats, as I actually located the rest of the entire SLP exhaust kit (cats, muffler and all).
- SLP High-Flow TPI Throttle Body --- 52mm with stock housing. (If nothing else, I'd be willing to substitute in another brand as long as it's identical and was available around the same time)
- SLP Aluminum Heads --- Variant with angled manifold bolt-holes.
- SLP Camshaft --- Specifically the Steel Billet / HYD Cam that was for more modified engines. (The biggest of the three that were available)
- A full set of SLP Valve Train Components --- Again, if nothing else I'd also be open to substituting another brand here as well, so long as their identical or better spec wise and were available around the same time as the SLP components.
- Dual CIA Kit --- I'd also be okay with just getting the ducting without the filter boxes and tracking those down seperatelly if nothing else.
- SLP 700-R4 Re-calibration Package --- Preferably NOS, but would at least want the complete kit or identical substitute.
- SLP 700-R4 Lock-Up Torque Converter --- Same as with the Re-calibration Package.

Last edited by Ryan-87GTA; 04-12-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors