Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

LG4s and Cats

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LG4s and Cats

How many LG4 owners currently have hollowed cats or have no cat at all? Do you have any trouble passing emmission tests? My year long project is coming to an end tonight. My distributor came in the mail today, can once I get off of work tonight, I will install it and have my car back on the road. I am just wondering whether I should put a cat on my car or just run a pipe with my Hooker Cat-back system I need to put on.
Old 07-26-2001, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there not one person without a catalytic converter on their LG4? Would like to get some feedback whether I should put a hi-flow cat on to pass emissions or if I will be ok without one.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:54 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
Well I went to a muffler shop (the owner has a 92RS) and asked about switching to a hi flow by Random. He told me that I would not see any or very little performance difference in this switch. I should mention I have a Flowmaster 80 series with the 2 1/2 all the way back from the Cat. This guy suggested a Universal($140>00 installed) instead of the Hi flow($160.00 installed) unless I was going to go true duals or race a lot. He also said no cat means no pass the emitions test. Our test in Illinois is strict and they use some kind of mirror to see if you have a cat. I guess I will get lots of second opinions on this before I make a move.
Decisions, decisions. So many choices, so little money!!!

------------------
86 Camaro Black SS Coupe, T Tops, Flowmaster, Custom Paint, Dunlop Road Kings S/R tires, Wheel Country Directional Chrome Wheels,new charcoal & gray interior including seats and door panels, new carpet and headliner, complete front end suspension rebuild, new Valve seals, and more mods to come
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/niterider/86camaro.html
Morgan_Andre@hotmail.com