Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

1989 GTA for trade or sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23s
1989 GTA for trade or sale

I'm reposting this. Mainly just to see if anyones interested. I recently acquired a T56 and everything needed for a swap but have run into issues with smog. If I can't get the car smogged -since I am in California and they're **** about smog- with the T56 swap then I will most likely be selling it as I want a manual transmission car. I'm willing to sell it for the same price as before, asking $7000 but am including everything needed to do a T56 swap. I prefer local pickup or will ship the car if done through appropriate channels and escrow. I am still open to trades any 82-90 bird with a stick and a V8, must be a Trans Am or Formula. Give me any offer you have.

Almost completely stock
-125k miles
-5.7 TPI L98
-700R4
-Gunmetal gray exterior in great condition
-Grey cloth interior (have gray leather GTA seats but they are ripped)
-T-tops
-New Tokico adjustable struts/shocks
-Brand new tires less than 2500 miles on them

I bought the car about 5 months ago and have enjoyed it so far but for some reason it just doesn't feel right to me, it just feels to portly when driving it. I've restored the car quite a bit, the previous owner was lazy when it came to putting stuff back together so i've done a lot of busy work putting things back to where they need to be and such. Tranny shifts great and looks to be relatively new, I dont have any papers indicating that though, there is a linkage problem when getting it into first gear, it needs to be held in otherwise it will pop out. The engine runs strong but obviously isn't in peak condition. For some reason there's a 91-92 style hatch and spoiler on it which is cracked on the right side, the third brake light for it doesn't work, this is good or bad depending on how you look at it. There is nothing catastrophically wrong with the car it's just showing its age. The car has been repainted but it is very good paint job and seems to have been fairly recently. All the interior items work, defroster, power windows, power door locks, hatch release. AC blows cold and the headlights work great. Also included are the original GTA seats though they need reupholstering.
I'm looking to trade for a 82-90 V8 bird TBI, TPI, Carb I dont care, must be a stick, t-tops are preferable, no base birds though, must be a formula or trans am, not too interested in another GTA but i'll consider it. Not interested in V6 birds. I'll also consider a trade a 87-90 turboed Supra, just putting that out there. For straight cash i'll sell for $7000, but i'm really looking for a trade or a trade plus cash so just show me what you got.
Pics below, these are from when I first got the car, i'll get some newer ones if there's interest.

Last edited by Tenom; 07-25-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro Covnertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Re: 1989 GTA for trade or sale

Can't believe your selling that car... and im angry because i cant afford it