History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Time to update the" Heratige" information...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not interested in getting into a pissing contest with you. I stated the same thing I said earlier because my question was not answered. I asked where this information could be found in print, and that question was not answered. You say you have answered it, but all you have really done is to tell me to keep looking for myself. If you don't know where I can find what I'm looking for, and you feel you must reply to me, just say "I don't know where, or even if it's documented, but this is what Joe Schmoe at Schmoe Chevrolet told me".

Again, I don't want to hear what everybody assumes to be correct, that much I already know. I like to see documentation of the facts on this, or any other topic up for debate.

BTW, I've never replied to you before, so I haven't had the opportunity to tell you that I think your '91 Z is one of the nicest I've seen. It has the clean, uncluttered look that I really love to see in any generation Camaro. Kudos to you.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:00 AM

weird and unusual color combos

i will agree the that fact strange things do happen, saw a pink 1965 , i believe gto, yes pink, factory painted that way, sopposed one of three!gm even claimed it was not original, but guy had found pics taken when the car was delivered to him factory freash, and then after much hassle gm finally did agrre that there wer indead three of them, and his was one of them! so gm is not perfect, as they want us to believe, and weird things do happen!he even had documatation to show all these facts, and i was so impressed, also the reason i want to find proof of what mine is.it seems only to really find that is to contact gm, and "maybe" they will know!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Supreme Member

thank you for the compliment matt427....greatly appreciated.

here is the only known type of 92 that was ever reported, recorded, and proven from gm to come with the white/black theme.

i'll let you guys decide what you want to believe for yourself; but this is what they looked like.
Attached Thumbnails Time to update the" Heratige" information...-rare25th.jpg  
Old 06-05-2002, 03:50 PM

I know this has already been stated, but my friend's family has a 92 conv. that the interior doesn't match the stripe color. It is a conv. Z28 with the 305 and 5-speed with a 3.07 posi rear with drums. White with red stripes and gray/black cloth int. It is original (they are the one's I bought my Z from, and they have a pretty rare 97 6-spd SS conv also).

Anyway, on to more relevant info. Wasn't the paint/stripe colors indicated on the plate riveted to the rad. support?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: '84 Z28
Engine: L69
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Matwaz, so true. I have seen purple heritage cars with black interior, black heritage cars with grey interior, so forth and so on.
The only exception I have found is the polo green heritage cars. Every one I've seen has tan interior. Don't know if this was mandantory or not. The plate riveted to the upper tie bar that had paint, interior, seat, spoiler, t-top, and build info was used 1982-1985.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:15 AM
Supreme Member

This info was provided to me from Joel Cruikshank, and was prior to the green and purple Heritage Packages being available.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Supreme Member

you could get the interior in pretty much any color...........just more so were certain colors than others.

no white with black stripes except for the above pictured car and cars built like it.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:02 AM

Thanks Blue, that's what I was wanting to see!:lala:
Old 06-11-2002, 12:30 PM

So here i have proof from the sales manual printed April 30th, 1991. An article from "All Chevy" (Jan92) says the same combos in the order book were available for public to order at the same time. no given that the magazines are about 2 months behind, they knew this info in November of 1991. What im getting at is where is the proof of the Purple/silver cars and the Green/gold cars? If anyone here has those two combos id like them to check their build dates on the door jamb and post them. Most likely theyre gonna be after Feb. 1992. The build date on this white/blk stripe 92 was April 1992 and since there isnt prrof of the other "known", yet uncommon color combos i still think this oen is real.

I really dont care about this anymore but if anyone does the dealership was/is Jack Matia Chevrolet In Elyria, Ohio. the used car guy's name was Ralph, iirc.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 440 Likes on 269 Posts
Car: 92 Heritage Camaro Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Limited Slip
Nicks98,

What other proof do you need. If you "still think this oen is real. " , why don't you go buy it!!

By you not purchasing it, you just negated yourself that it is not a true "one of a kind".

If I proved it to myself that it was indeed one of a kind, I would have snatched it up immediately (and so would have a few others on this board).

Think about it; if I saw one of the 68 L88 vettes in a used lot for a decent price, I would immediately grab it and so would any body that had proof that it was one of the 20 L88 vetes made in 68.

You then change your "story" that you "What im getting at is where is the proof of the Purple/silver cars and the Green/gold cars?"
You never mentioned that in your original post, I think you are trying to make an excuse to your original claim.

Don't worry, every makes mistakes!!!

Manny
Old 06-12-2002, 09:41 PM

Mannny,

to make myself a little more clear, the guy posted proof of the red, white, and black cars. REAL PROOF. just as 427 asked for. SO if that exists, then where is proof that purple/silv and green/gold anniversary editions exist(on paper) AND it still doesnt disprove there are/were no white/blk versions made. So if the previous two color combos were avalialble late in the model run then so could the wht/blk car. And most all of you have missed the "dealer ordered car" code on the rpo's listed, meaning it wasnt just whatever GM felt like putting together that day.

As for why i dont buy it... because i could give two Sheites less about it. I have had nine 3rd gens in the past 5 years and still have two. 3rd gens arent bad cars, they make good beaters and they dont mean a hell of a lot to me compared to my other cars. Yeah im sure this 92 is a rare car, but comparing an RS to one of eighty 1968 L88 vettes is apples to oranges. one more thing, why do you still have a Z28 in your sig... didnt you sell that? I prefer to invest in cars that look good and will increase in value (or at least hold it) like my first car.

Old 06-12-2002, 10:20 PM

Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car
I haven't lost any money on my IROC! If anything, it's worth more than when I bought it. 3rd gens are starting to increase in value, especially the rare ones.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:58 PM

The book value on my car hasn't changed much since I bought it 3 years ago. Its holding its own pretty good.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:22 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by nicksL98
So if the previous two color combos were avalialble late in the model run then so could the wht/blk car. And most all of you have missed the "dealer ordered car" code on the rpo's listed, meaning it wasnt just whatever GM felt like putting together that day
You stated that the car in question was built in April, and the ordering info I posted is also April. I now have a copy of the previous ordering book, dated March, and it is absolutely identical to the April book except for the date. I can post it if you want, but it would be repetitive. The third line of the page (just above the tables) states that ONLY the combinations listed are available. A dealer can only order what is in the book, so I would say that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the car you found has had the original red stripes replaced with black ones. I'm certain you won't convince a single person on this site differently.

As to trying to use any lack of proof on this site of the green/gold and purple/silver cars in order to make a case for the existance of white/black, get real. It is common knowlege that the green and purple cars were produced, plus someone (I can't remember who) posted a copy of their original polo green heritage package car's window sticker about a year or two ago on this site. I have a copy of the pic, but will not post it, as I do not feel that it is my right to do so.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Formula
Engine: L98
Transmission: A4
I just wanted to add this:
The 2 25th anniversary prototypes did not have an Lt1 motor. They were L98's with siamesed runners and other stuff to that nature... mated to the corvette zf-6 6- speed tranny....:lala:
Old 06-20-2002, 10:38 AM

Our local dealer is making there own new 2002 RS Heritage Camaro's.

Heres the window sticker add on for the Rally Sport.

Chet

Last edited by raptoryfm660r; 05-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:44 AM

Heres the look of the 2002 Heritage Camaro our local dealer has made.

The front end insert and the added rear exhaust make this RS look like a Z 28 from a distance.

If I was in the market for a new Camaro I would still spring for the Z 28 though.

Chet

Last edited by raptoryfm660r; 05-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:33 PM

Blue

The information you posted was from April 1991 and im thinking the other piece of info you have is from March 1991. This car had a build date of April1992 pretty close toward the end of thirdgen production.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Supreme Member

Good catch Nick, I really hadn't caught that. The ordering info I have for March is dated March 1992, I just checked.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Supreme Member

"BOW DOWN Y'ALL! I have found an original WHITE with BLACK stripes 1992 Camaro RS. car is loaded, has blk custom cloth int, fact cd, ttops, power everything etc etc. not in the best of shape right now slight rust and such but its orig paint and the factory stripe decals and badge location on the rear spoiler. Pictures to follow someday here.. maybe ill buy it."

i still think you have no class...........

excuse me while i go put stripes on my neighbors v-tec and try and sell it for a special edition.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:34 AM

haha

this is just for the heck of it.

My girlfriend has a jeep that is painted w/ all decals the same as the Barbie jeep. Jeep claims there are no such vehicles, but she has pics of her mom picing it up as they drove it off the truck at the dealer... go figure that a white/blk could have happened but is 99.999% unprobable. If it someone else believes that it is real, go buy the car & lets get it in a shop to find out how real it is. it is probably just a thing the original owner/dealer did.

just my .02:lala: