History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

What???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 07:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission: auto
What???

I have a copy of an invoice from my first Formula-going back to 94. I'm curious-says dea on it w/0240, also had all the holes for equiptment that was taken out.
Address on the bottom says:
Gen Svc-Fin Div-Accts Pay
PO Box 419018(6bcpf)
Kansas City Mo 64141--
Now was this a DEA car or what? Car was a freak!! Fast as hell but looked all stock! Now I've had fast cars before I got this but like I said it was a freak.
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!
Old 10-11-2000, 02:11 AM

Being a federal employee, maybe I can help out a little...
I think W/0240 is the accounting code for the government purchase of this car by the Drug Enforcement Agency through the General Services Administration in Kansas City, MO...kind of like the FBI types and their Buick Grand Nationals. By chance, was this car purchased by you or a previous owner at a Government Auction?
Old 10-11-2000, 06:45 AM
Supreme Member

Transmission: auto
Hey thanks for replying!! I bought the car from a small dealer who had bought it from an auction. He also had bought some ex-Conn. state trooper cars. Was this car something special? Car hauled a$$! Did the govt. do anything to them-performance wise?
Sure did love that car!!
Old 10-11-2000, 08:33 PM

I actually know nothing about the car itself, but the purchase info looked familiar. I am more familiar with other government vehicles such as vans, pickups, jeeps, and other just plain boring cars. That's not to say this car didn't have "special" enhancements. It would be very interesting to have this car and try to document it. Even if it didn't have any special goodies under the hood and it was a regular Formula, cars with interesting histories become a lot more interesting.

I check government auctions regularly and have found items such as a Mustang GT convertables, Camaros, Firebirds, and pursuit Crown Vics. They don't come by very often and they usually go for a price higher than I'm willing to pay.