History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45
Re: Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history

Originally Posted by JT
These look close:
http://moderndaymuscle.com/inc/sdetail/690

Only Burgundy, though.

Thanks JT. I saw those last night, they look like the ones.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Z28
Engine: L69 305 H.O.
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by chazman
Thanks. Actually, I think it looks at least as good in person. When I get a chance, I'll do the bottom and post a pic.

Thanks for the offer on the rears, but I have all four seats. Just need the door panels.
The door panels are up for sale on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...item4cef05ee4a
Old 05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Kevin84Z28
The door panels are up for sale on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...item4cef05ee4a

Got 'em!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z camaro
Engine: 355 TPI
Transmission: tko 500
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 3.31 posi pbr brakes

Got 'em!
Nice! Post some pics up when you get your interior all together.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by subroc
Nice! Post some pics up when you get your interior all together.
I sure will.

One thing I've noticed is that none of the "NOS" fabric matches the factory fabric AT ALL. Not just the color, but the actual fabric is a different type. I'm trying to see if some other automotive fabric is a better match for the bolsters than the "NOS" stuff available.

I'll post if I find something interesting.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Supreme Member

I sure will.

One thing I've noticed is that none of the "NOS" fabric matches the factory fabric AT ALL. Not just the color, but the actual fabric is a different type. I'm trying to see if some other automotive fabric is a better match for the bolsters than the "NOS" stuff available.

I'll post if I find something interesting.
Hmm thats interesting. I never ran into that since i never went out with the intention of making mine factory correct (obviously lol). I copied the factory pattern exactly but did not use NOS fabric on the bolsters or the door panels. I just used the darkest black velour stuff i could find.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Supreme Member

Okay, some observations: Now that I have my full LS Conteur interior (ie, front seats, back seats and door panels), and have contacted everyone on the planet about fabric, NONE of the "NOS reproduction" stuff is even close. And everyone uses the same reproduction stuff.

As I stated earlier, the repro bolster material is not only much darker, it is a COMPLETELY different fabric - it doesn't matter where you get it from. The CAMARO inserts are off as well.
I took the plunge and ordered some CAMARO Spectrum fabric from a TGO member. The factory fabric has a bluish/silver panel followed by a medium blue/gray panel followed by a dark blue panel. The repro stuff has medium blue followed by a kind of royal blue and then a dark blue. Looks nice, but hardly "NOS".

So, what am I going to do now? I'm going to redo as LITTLE as possible on my interior. I'm going to use some of the CAMARO spectrum stuff on my driver's seat and just leave the other seats as is, after I touch up some small spots with paint and fix some cigarette burns that is.

I'm taking a rear seat cushion to the fabric store to see if I can match the bolster fabric. If that doesn't work, I'll cut a sliver of the bolster fabric and send a sample to Original Auto Interiors for a match.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by chazman; 05-09-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

Okay, some observations: Now that I have my full LS Conteur interior (ie, front seats, back seats and door panels), and have contacted everyone on the planet about fabric, NONE of the "NOS reproduction" stuff is even close. And everyone uses the same reproduction stuff.

As I stated earlier, the repro bolster material is not only much darker, it is a COMPLETELY different fabric - it doesn't matter where you get it from. The CAMARO inserts are off as well.
I took the plunge and ordered some CAMARO Spectrum fabric from a TGO member. The factory fabric has a bluish/silver panel followed by a medium blue/gray panel followed by a dark blue panel. The repro stuff has medium blue followed by a kind of royal blue and then a dark blue. Looks nice, but hardly "NOS".

So, what am I going to do now? I'm going to redo as LITTLE as possible on my interior. I'm going to use some of the CAMARO spectrum stuff on my driver's seat and just leave the other seats as is, after I touch up some small spots with paint and fix some cigarette burns that is.

I'm taking a rear seat cushion to the fabric store to see if I can match the bolster fabric. If that doesn't work, I'll cut a sliver of the bolster fabric and send a sample to Original Auto Interiors for a match.

Wish me luck!
Original auto should be able to help you out with the bolster fabric. If not SMS i believe can get it as well (at least the burnt orange they have). As for the NOS fabric that seems to be the case across the board. I know that mine is suppose to be the burnt orange and ends up falling somewhere between the red and the burnt orange. For my interior i didnt care but if your going for concourse perfect then i can see how this would bother you.

As for only doing the driver seat..be prepared for it to look a bit "off". If it was my car it would be all or none. Once you start piecemealing it, its going to look a bit odd and someone will be able to see that you've fixed the drivers seat and only the drivers seat. If that doesnt bother you then by all means but i would either give in and use the darker stuff since it seems to be the only stuff out there...or keep your eyes open for another blue interior in better shape.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by subroc
Original auto should be able to help you out with the bolster fabric. If not SMS i believe can get it as well (at least the burnt orange they have). As for the NOS fabric that seems to be the case across the board. I know that mine is suppose to be the burnt orange and ends up falling somewhere between the red and the burnt orange. For my interior i didnt care but if your going for concourse perfect then i can see how this would bother you.

As for only doing the driver seat..be prepared for it to look a bit "off". If it was my car it would be all or none. Once you start piecemealing it, its going to look a bit odd and someone will be able to see that you've fixed the drivers seat and only the drivers seat. If that doesnt bother you then by all means but i would either give in and use the darker stuff since it seems to be the only stuff out there...or keep your eyes open for another blue interior in better shape.

Yeah, I need to make some kind of decision here. I've got these seats set up in my garage and I keep moving the Spectrum fabric from the driver's to the passenger's seat and back again. Pretty sure I'd need to do both fronts with it. We'll see.

BTW, those seat belt guides on the '83 Conteur seats are apparently identical to the '78-'81 F-car seatbelt guides.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
TGO Supporter

I'm not entirely sure that this is correct. I purchased my cloth several years before this the new reproduction material was available and for sure the fabric is darker in all respects, but the "camaro" is spot on. The "GM" insignia as well as the part number is printed on the reverse side. I'm positive that what I have is truley NOS. Why is it darker? I dont know.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
TGO Supporter

Chazman, these are the rear seats I was discussing awhile back. I sent you a PM.
Attached Thumbnails Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history-img_0694.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 z28/1992 RS heritage edition
Engine: 350 tpi, 305 tbi
Transmission: 700R4,T5
Axle/Gears: G92

I really like the black 85 only interior . Looks good!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1983 z28 Camaro
Engine: 305 crossfire injection
Transmission: 700r4

Im selling my 1983 z28 Camaro with the Lear Siegler Conteur interior. If anyone is interested Call me at (618) 513-2881 or (618) 513-9867
Attached Thumbnails Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history-picture-1.png   Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history-picture-2.png   Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history-picture-3.png  
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Check your private messages...will try and call later..........RatPack............
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Supreme Member

Just in case you guys didnt see it. A set of red ones for sale in the classifieds section.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...-complete.html
Old 11-20-2010, 06:53 AM

Car: 1983 z-28/SFC/bilsteins/adj.arms
Engine: 355sbc/Demon650dp/hedmanheaders/
Transmission: t-5, alum DS
Axle/Gears: 3.42 torsen posi, baer discs

What are these interiors worth now? Seats, door panels....good condition.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by wdigitog
What are these interiors worth now? Seats, door panels....good condition.
Worth whatever someone will pay for them. There is not a huge market for them and they are a love it or hate it kind of thing with no real in between. If i had to throw out a number id say 300-400 in GOOD condition. Ive seen others asking way more but they dont sell. What color are we talking about too? You have an 83 so im going to assume you have the burnt orange one?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:12 PM

I agree with Subroc, you would be doing good to get anything more than $400.00 for the complete interior as I have rarely seen one of these interiors not need reupholstery. I bought an entire car just to get the seats out of it two months ago off of the Atlanta Craigslist for $500 and I resold the car in a day for $450. The interior was in great shape, I would say excellent "driver" quality.

Also I agree it is a "love it" or "hate it" interior that has almost a cult type following. Personally I love it, always have, but in all honesty the driver's seat is somewhat uncomfortable on a long trip. Color doesn't really seem to affect the pricing except in the 85 interiors. I have usually gotten more from those interiors since the colors for the 85's were a one year only offering whereas the 83-84 models never changed...........RatPack......................
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Car: '92 Camaro Vert
Engine: 305 TBI V8

I picked up a set of there yesterday. Only the two front seats, but I only paid $100. They are in virtually PERFECT condition, once I clean them and scotch-guard they should look mint. Only defect is on the driver's seat, if you pull the leg thing forward there's a small 1cm hole. They are the black/charcoal color so from 85 I guess. Only weird thing is that for the drivers seat, the lever to slide the seat forward and back is on the right side...I would think it would be impossible to get to when installed because of the center console...that being said, I'll just install it to the regular track I have now with the lever in the front.

I need to find rear seats though. I'd like matching split-back ones, but if anyone has any black split-back seats let me know. I'm also looking for everything I need to make the front seats power. I AFAIK, the driver's side was the only one offered with power so I'd have to rig the pass side. I'd need the tracks, switch, and the plastic trim for the switch (preferably with the velvet on it because that's what the seats have now.

Oh, and if anyone has one of the passenger side conteur seats let me know because I could easily take the upholstery from the one I have now and put it on one from a trans am. Or if you have the '86 Conteur or any factory Recaro seats let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by claytonjn; 12-20-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Great deal on the seats, and yes they are 1985 models if they are the black ones. You can recover your existing rear seats to match with no problem as they are the same just with a little difference in the foam on the backrest which any upholstery shop can handle. As far as making the passenger side seat power, I don't think it can be done because of the floorpan shape. Also swapping out the passenger side seat cover to a passenger LS seat from the Trans Am cannot be done as the the way they attach are totally different. The passenger side one from a Camaro is just on the regular custom cloth seat frame and cushions. You might be able to get an upholstery shop to unstitch the inserts and have them sew up another cover to properly fit the LS seat, or better yet just order a new driver's side cover to install on it.....RatPack..............
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. I know I can have the back ruphulstered, that's probably what I'm going to end up doing but I thought I may be able to fine bolt-in ones for a little less. I have heard of people with pass power seats in a third-gen...maybe they were 4th gen seats but I didn't think so...that's not a big deal though...

Not sure what you mean about the cloth attaching different though between pass and drivers side in the camaro, to me they look exactly the same except that the bolsters on the conteur seat are a little thicker. And the lumbar support for the legs of course..
Old 12-20-2010, 02:09 PM

No power seats on 3rd gens of any F-body on the the pass side, 4th gens yes. As for describing the differences in the seat covers....well kinda hard to do by typing it out and no pictures, but the seat covers are not the same. The side bolsters sew onto the inserts differently, the listing wires inside the covers are in different places to allow proper attachment to the LS seats, and the bottom would have to be cut apart and resewn for the the leg support. Easiest to buy a driver's cover and put on the passenger LS seat if you find one. There were a pair of GN seats on Ebay last week for $200 and I should have bought them as they are both LS seats. Missed by that much...............RatPack.......................
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Yea, I know pass power seats weren't an option on third gens, but I thought I had read about someone who had gotten drivers tracks installed for a pass third gen seat. Could be wrong though. Pass side isn't a big deal anyways.

I understand what you're saying about the seats, I'll keep my eyes open for more of these Conteur seats.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM

Car: 1992 Formula 350
Engine: 350
Transmission: 4l60

What can you say about trans am with Lear Siegler conteur seats?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: basic third gens
Engine: that I like
Transmission: to restore
Axle/Gears: and enjoy

Originally Posted by merlinsta
They were like the Camaro seats, except both sides were fully adjustable and they had a pocket on the backs of the seats. In '85, they got a different headrest that was not shaped like the Camaro seat's headrests.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

Originally Posted by merlinsta
Check my vbGarage (icon next to my online status) for a pic, if you wish.

JamesC
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 70rs/ss
Is there any information as to how many 82 camaros came with the conteur seating ?

This is the exact interior I have in my 1982 Z28, have never seen an exact color and option match before, same exterior too, BEAUTIFUL, thanks for posting these images. Can't be that many with this option, I know the Maroon color is on 9889 bodies out of a total of approx 189,747 built in 1982, that's a pretty low number and makes this color somewhat rare for this production year.
I am in the process of restoring my Z and was almost convinced to do a color change to charcoal in the interior but now after seeing yours I have changed my mind, keeping her original, kinda forgot how nice it looks.

Last edited by jfl1960; 04-11-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM

Okay I am going to throw in some new information that I have been researching on these special seats, and that there are two different adjustable "thigh supports" used in 1984 models. The second design is larger than the early design that had been used since 1982. This second design also carried over into the 1985 seat design and wasn't changed again until the new seat came out in the 86 models. What is not known is the exact time this change occured in the Camaro, Firebird, and Sunbird models. I figure it may be as early as January 1984 as that is when it first appears in the GN's and T-type Regals.

So I need some research help from you guys that have the LS seats in your 84 models built from January to the end of the year. If you can take a quick measurement of the thigh support (the one with the handle that pulls up under your thighs) from front to back, and then I need the build date from your car on the trim tag under the hood. This will help me determine when this new design entered production. So far I have not seen the second design in an 84 with the brown or blue interiors. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. You can shoot me a private message or an email..............RatPack...............
Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

I have all 3 style seats, a few Camaro and a few Firebird.

I have only seen the first thigh bolster design on the 82-83 Camaro drivers seat and Firebird seats.

I have only seen the second design thigh support on a Camaro seat from 84-85.

I have only seen 1 86 LS Seat: Only it has the 3rd design ( in Camaro anyway )

I have never seen the second or third thigh bolster design on any Firebird LS seat. ( ONLY the first style. )

That's what I know,..... Hope it helps.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Supreme Member

Ive seen the second design support on an 85 trans am...which supports Johns info about it being a 84-85 design.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

I have to correct myself - sort of !

Year range does appear to be 82-to-83, 84-to-85, & 86.

Yesterday I wrote that I have never seen the second design on a Firebird seat - I was wrong. Previously; all the Firebird Conteur seats I bought were bought as seats. ( and all were the first design ) But; a couple years ago I bought an 84 Trans Am parts car and it had factory conteurs in it. I just put my eyes on those seats and they have the second design thigh bolster.

Last edited by John in RI; 05-04-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM

John, you are somewhat right in the year breakdown:

1982 - mid 1984 use the 1st design.
1984 mid year through 1985 use the 2nd design
1986 one year only seat that was completely redesigned with no parts interchanging with the previous design other than headrests. ***I do not consider it a 3rd design since the entire seat was redesigned.

1984 is the only year in question as to when the 2nd design was implemented into production. The earliest documented Camaro I have with the 2nd design has a May 84 build date, and it is equipped with the red/orange/charcoal interior. I have yet to see a blue or brown LS interior with the larger thigh support......................RatPack...............

So far nobody on here has come up with an 84 Z28 with the 2nd design thigh support with a build date earlier than what I have in my files........
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 AM

does anybody here know how much one of these camaros would go for if it had the original seats and was a true lear siegler car but needed a complete restoration?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Too many variables to say what one is worth because condition, color combo, and how well the vehicle is optioned plays into the value. As for just this one option being on the car, probably adds a few hundred dollars over a similar car w/o this option. The cost to restore this interior is more than double of a car with the custom cloth option, thus almost negating any exta value that this one option alone may add. I have found many 83-85 Z's with this interior that are trashed and in the grand scheme of things the car was worth only $500 - $1000 because of its condition. Case in point is the "Miss USA" 83 Z28 that I located for sale. The car would have a little more value because of its use in the Miss USA pageant, but the overall condition of it was so bad that it was a $1000 car tops, even with the LS seats as it was also missing the badge on the dashboard that told of its pedigree. This made the car a regular 83 Z-28 with the LG4 and the LS seat option. Look back in this thread to Jan 2010 where I posted pictures of it............RatPack.......................

Last edited by Rat Pack; 06-23-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 AM

hmm i see yea i have an 85 with the red interior back exterior and the seats are all their but they are faded pretty bad i am just trying to get what i have in it i bought fenders and a door and a nose from another camaro i am trying to get 1200 out of it is that like way to high? i posted my car for sale in the classified part
The following users liked this post:
1987 T/A GTA (05-29-2020)
Old 06-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Got a couple of questions you might help out with:
1. My Camaro is a 1982 Z28 with this seat option, it only has a driver seat with adjustable bolsters, was this the common practice or was there a passenger side Conteur seat offered in 1982?
2. my seates are in very good condition for color and material except for the drivers side outside leg bolster, it has worn through from people sliding their leg over it when exiting the vehicle. My question here is about replacement cloth,I have found several companies that offer replacement OEM seat covers but nothing for the Conteur seat option on my car, any assistance here would be appreciated. FYI my interior is Maroon as identical to the interior posted earlier in this thread. (see post number 227)
Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

Originally Posted by jfl1960
Got a couple of questions you might help out with:
1. My Camaro is a 1982 Z28 with this seat option, it only has a driver seat with adjustable bolsters, was this the common practice or was there a passenger side Conteur seat offered in 1982?
2. my seates are in very good condition for color and material except for the drivers side outside leg bolster, it has worn through from people sliding their leg over it when exiting the vehicle. My question here is about replacement cloth
1. In Camaros, driver's seat only.

2. The following is 83-86. I've not seen covers that will fit an 82.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/le...pholstery.aspx

JamesC

Last edited by JamesC; 06-23-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 H.O.
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: 7.5" 10 bolt, 4.10, torsen posi

How is the quality/accuracy of the hawk conteur sets?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Car: (formerly) 1985 IROC Z-28
Engine: 358
Transmission: 700R4 TCI
Axle/Gears: 12-bolt

Was the brown ls interior '85 only for the camaro's?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM

And are there any other differences between the 85 and the rest? I have a set of seats and door panels (brown) that just came in on a mint body right now... What's throwing me off is that (and I posted this on another section the other day) My driver's seat doesn't have the adjustable "thigh area". I was told that the driver's seat wasnt correct, However, we had a guy come by earlier thats a pretty big collector and he swears up and down that they're not only correct, but in virtually perfect condtion, sans a little dirt and a tiny tear on 1 of the seats. I've been trying to research it myself, but everywhere I've looked seems to conflict with the last.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by oddrodz
And are there any other differences between the 85 and the rest? I have a set of seats and door panels (brown) that just came in on a mint body right now... What's throwing me off is that (and I posted this on another section the other day) My driver's seat doesn't have the adjustable "thigh area". I was told that the driver's seat wasnt correct, However, we had a guy come by earlier thats a pretty big collector and he swears up and down that they're not only correct, but in virtually perfect condtion, sans a little dirt and a tiny tear on 1 of the seats. I've been trying to research it myself, but everywhere I've looked seems to conflict with the last.
i have 1985 with the original seats mine are read and their beat up but it has the thigh rest things you were talking about
Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Can you post a pic of your seats? Its the color thats really throwing me off. Are your headrests tan, or are they a reddish brown?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM

well the seats are all red and the center has the camaro camaro camaro on it but if you have an 85 and i have an 85 than we would have the same seat frame and foam just different color cloth here is a link to pics of my car scroll down and their are pics of the seats and the seats were in this bad of condition and the car when i bought it lol
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/cama...r-sieglar.html
Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Gotchya, I misread what you said about yours being red in color. From what i've seen (and ya'll feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) The conteur seats (which is the one with the thigh rest) are on all drivers but not all passengers? And I've seen 2 different shades of brown... (Mine are light tan on the headrests, sides of the seat.. others seem to be a reddish-brown) Any input on the reason for the color differences? Sorry for the 21 questions, but we generally have '68's and '69's, so this ones got me puzzled! the guy my husband bought it from swears it's 100% original (He was the 2nd owner, origianl owner had pics, etc from new... supposedly, lol) and the seats are definately not newly upholstered... I don't know, but it would be nice to know what we've got :-)
Old 06-23-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by oddrodz
From what i've seen (and ya'll feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) The conteur seats (which is the one with the thigh rest) are on all drivers but not all passengers? And I've seen 2 different shades of brown... (Mine are light tan on the headrests, sides of the seat.. others seem to be a reddish-brown) Any input on the reason for the color differences?
There was only one shade for brown interiors with the LS seats in 83-84, but in 85 Chevrolet dropped that color and went to saddle (lt. tan). I think there are pictures of a car earlier in this thread with the 85 saddle interior (the best color of all three years with the Spectra cloth covered seats, IMO)..........RatPack..........

Last edited by Rat Pack; 03-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Rat Pack

There was only one shade for brown interiors with the LS seats in 83-84, but in 85 Chevrolet dropped that color and went to saddle (lt. tan). I think there are pictures of a car earlier in this thread with the 85 saddle interior (the best color of all three years with the Spectra cloth covered seats, IMO)..........RatPack..........
Yup everything is in the first page of this thread. Saddle was a really nice color but for some reason one of the rarer ones to find. Saddle interior on a yellow gold iroc.....wheres the damn drooling smily when u need it.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Thanks guys... much appreciated. I finally uploaded pics of the car into our profile.. It really was a beautiful car, gonna hate to watch it go. Im hoping to find a good home for the shell and interior (which, as of now, is still intact)
Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Subroc, I cant help you with the gold iroc (ours is red...) but if you find one, I have some beautiful saddle interior for ya! ;-)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ghostfirebird
well the seats are all red and the center has the camaro camaro camaro on it but if you have an 85 and i have an 85 than we would have the same seat frame and foam just different color cloth here is a link to pics of my car scroll down and their are pics of the seats and the seats were in this bad of condition and the car when i bought it lol
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/cama...r-sieglar.html

I took a look at your seats, I never really paid that much attention to these seats execpt for the fact that mine were original and don't match. I see the passenger side seat was redesigned in the 83 and newer, the 82 didn't have an adjustable headrest, just the hi-rise bucket, also the driver's seat appears to have gotten some extrat support built into the adjustable bolsters, the Camaro_Camaro_Camaro logo is a bit much for me but hey it was built in the 80"s and did get the nickname the "Disco Camaro". Anyway I am assuming an original 1982 Camaro Z28 Conteur seat option car is pretty rare these days. Thanks for the info guys very interesting.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jfl1960
I took a look at your seats, I never really paid that much attention to these seats execpt for the fact that mine were original and don't match. I see the passenger side seat was redesigned in the 83 and newer, the 82 didn't have an adjustable headrest, just the hi-rise bucket, also the driver's seat appears to have gotten some extrat support built into the adjustable bolsters, the Camaro_Camaro_Camaro logo is a bit much for me but hey it was built in the 80"s and did get the nickname the "Disco Camaro". Anyway I am assuming an original 1982 Camaro Z28 Conteur seat option car is pretty rare these days. Thanks for the info guys very interesting.
i thought 83 was the first year for the camrao camaro camaro seats but anyways having an original ls car is only rare depending on the condition of your seats i recently priced how to recover the seats and it was 800 dollars so any benefit to having an ls camaro is taken away if the seats are not there or in bad condition..thats why its are job as owners to restore these cars to the former glory or find someone who will!

Quick Reply: Lear Siegler Camaro Conteur interior history