History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

1982 trans am sail panel firebird (distance)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1982 Firebird Trans Am
Engine: 305
Transmission: automatic
1982 trans am sail panel firebird (distance)

Hey All,
I was hoping that someone can take a minute out of their time to help me out. Long story short, all my ORIGINAL decals were removed from my 82 firebird trans am. I have been searching high and low to find out where all the original locations of the decals on the vehicle go. I got all of them except for one. This is the sail panel decals.

What I want to ask is if someone can PLEASE measure a distance on their car IF they have the ORIGINAL sail panel decals on the 82 firebird trans am.
I am looking for the distance between the INNER CREASE to the VERY BOTTOM of the sail panel firebird logo decal. It is either 1.5 inch, 1.75 inch, or 2 inches.
Can someone PLEASE measure this. Also I would be happy to supply anyone with details for the other decals if they want to restore.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!