History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

1989 IROC 344 original miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:12 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: 1989 IROC 344 original miles

Originally Posted by Drew
So... If the photos are of a different car, and the car actually doesn't have the flaws in the photos, why are you getting so defensive? Why is the owner getting upset about photos instead of just looking at the car and seeing if the flaws are really there? Why not just take some better photos of those areas that show how it really is, and post them?

Did anyone say you're a "moron" or "scammer"? I haven't noticed that, I've only seen one person calling everyone "trolls", "suckers" and "drunks".
Repaint, some minor paint work, 100% original, same car as pictured or completely different car. At this point all I can think of is how this was handled. Anyone who owned or seen this car in person could have simply said to the pictures posted "Good catch. Only problem is that's not the same car!" and that would have been enough to address it right on the spot. Over 24 hours since the pictures were posted on TGO and there was still no such explanation given by anyone who owned or seen the car in person. Instead we got a picture of an empty spot of where the car would have been parked to support a security concern. Just seemed like a lot of drama and unnecessary personal insults.

Phil's posted pictures shown the car as an extremely well presented detail, in my view, but you could apply the same deceptive digital photo explanation that was said to explain the Facebook pictures. It goes both ways.

Good example of how it's not just about being right or wrong. It's also about the response and the reaction.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Originally Posted by JT
Repaint, some minor paint work, 100% original, same car as pictured or completely different car. At this point all I can think of is how this was handled. Anyone who owned or seen this car in person could have simply said to the pictures posted "Good catch. Only problem is that's not the same car!" and that would have been enough to address it right on the spot. Over 24 hours since the pictures were posted on TGO and there was still no such explanation given by anyone who owned or seen the car in person. Instead we got a picture of an empty spot of where the car would have been parked to support a security concern. Just seemed like a lot of drama and unnecessary personal insults.

Phil's posted pictures shown the car as an extremely well presented detail, in my view, but you could apply the same deceptive digital photo explanation that was said to explain the Facebook pictures. It goes both ways.

Good example of how it's not just about being right or wrong. It's also about the response and the reaction.
Exactly. It's gone beyond the actual car at this point.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I just want to add my .02. I worked in a body shop for 15 years and have been playing with these cars for 25 years. The up close pictures that were posted on FB and then shared here are 10000000000% ovespray. If its not the same car then thats a discussion between the seller and buyer but without a doubt, that IS paint overspray in those pictures. You can clearly see where someone put the tape on the rubber.. Lets just hope that someone can get to the car and take new pictures and put this to bed.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ray jr
the sad part is he got suckered into thinking they were his own tail lights at first and now he is telling us we got suckered .. whos drunk now ..
not at all. I told you:

caution i had photos ...
told you repeatedly this was silly
told you the photos were a hit

asked the moderator to clean up the thread..

some of you ignored me so I decided to see how stupid it could get so I decided to play along and let you hang yourselves.

i warned you...told you to stop... the 89 I just sold set a world record for a base IROC auction fetch and several of you simply cannot stand it.

i did however clay bar the car did tape it off and did get red residue and several of you argued about that too.

really??
Old 01-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Supreme Member

Claybarring a basecoat/clearcoat car does not generate the residue that is the same color as the car. It doesn’t even sand the clearcoat enough to cause the water to be white and cloudy looking.
Again, either the car was repainted and you were lied to and you missed it or the pictures posted are not of the same car and someone is trying to sabotage you and your reputation. Either way, the clybar story is hideous
Old 01-19-2019, 10:15 AM
Supreme Member

Received 190 Likes on 128 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Z Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: G80 GU2

Just been silently following.. but yeah, the photos do show paint work.. I am skeptical it is the same car because a few things don’t make sense..

-My car is obviously a repaint but it was completely disassembled and even at shows and cruise nights when people inspect it really close they have to ask, “This can’t be original paint, right?” And then they ask who the painter was because they nailed it.. With a 344 mile original car that you’re sitting on, if you got paint work, wouldn’t you bring it to a shop that wins awards and make sure there’s no flaws or overspray and takes the whole car apart instead of taping off?

-It seemed the original owner parked the car and left it pretty much for 30 years. CPC Norwood even had to makeshift a ramp to get it out.. I don’t see the original owner putting the time or money into repainting the car based on limited clues.

-Some factory original cars do get paintwork. My Tahoe looks to have paintwork but I bought it with 30k miles one owner and it was a sticking point on the price at the dealer. The body shop manager at the dealer was showing me on brand new Tahoes at the time how they’d come in with paint work and touch ups from the factory. I saw a couple 2015s that were new at the time that had body gap issues and paint issues. He said most people just don’t notice. I did end up getting $4k off, but whatever..

I don’t even think the paint issues would effect the price that much on that car (if it is the same car).. I think the car could have hammered $40k. I am not an original paint guy though. I don’t want 30 year old paint that cracks in temperature changes and I wouldn’t pay a premium for it. If the car is brand new inside, underneath, and under the hood as long as the car hasn’t been whacked, a repaint isn’t a big deal. I wouldn’t want a “bad” repaint but if I need a magnifying glass I need to back off and get a life.

I think this car paint or not will continue to climb in value. I wouldn’t buy it period because A. I want IROC decals and B. The miles are so low I’d feel bad driving it.. I’d love to find a well kept 70k mile car especially black.. More enjoyable for me and my wallet.

I think the only way this would be put to bed is if the seller joins and posts here which probably won’t happen. I also don’t think anyone meant any harm by questioning some photos.. It’s like the forest and the trees like Drew said before... You kind of have to expect people here to be looking at the leaves of the trees with magnifying glasses. Cars get held to very high standards here and it’s not a bad thing. Higher standards than some show cars I see that win trophies all over. I can’t believe the things that judges miss.

I saw saw a guy with a Grand National arguing with another Grand National owner about the originality of his paint. One guy clearly had a repaint and did not want to hear it. It got ugly but even when we were showing him the evidence between his car and the other car with 10k miles and still with its original owner he did not want to hear it. A big clue was that he had no door moldings and the other car still had the original moldings that you can’t find anywhere.. There was overspray, fish eyes, runs.. black paint man..

If someone here here gives you a list of 10 flaws they find with a car but still think the car is cool, take the compliment!! Ha ha

Old 01-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Banned

Bottledz28:

Hideous?

I agree. For those who have not rubbed an original car that was never waxed. It sounds weird... but I guess you have experience then.

tell me about how many 1989 Camaros with 30 year old paint that was never waxed where you have restored the finish?

list the cars you have done please,,,

the attacks continue. Entertaining but silly
Old 01-19-2019, 10:57 AM

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am
Engine: L03
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by CPC Norwood

i warned you...told you to stop... the 89 I just sold set a world record for a base IROC auction fetch and several of you simply cannot stand it.
I don't think anyone here is pissed about that or can't stand it loolol. I was even hoping it would sell for more.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 223 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 87 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0

I've been trying to give the seller (Phil) the benefit of a doubt until some factual information is posted......but the more I read your responses Phil,
the more I feel your digging a really deep hole and I dont think you will ever be able to climb out of it with many members here.....there are a LOT of
super sharp 3rd gen experts here and guys that have many years of detailing and paint experience, your answers are not adding up and I've seen no factual intelligent
replies from you to prove otherwise, only more BS......and why did you feel the need to run to the new owner and make him feel like this group was attacking the
car?? That is totally bizarre.......in the end you accomplished your goal of selling the car......but at what cost ????
Old 01-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Supreme Member

My guess is the car was damaged at the factory or in shipping and touched up or repainted, by the factory or dealer. Perhaps the original owner wasn't even aware of it. It happens more often than you think.

My yellow '85 had the inside of the hood and strut towers repainted at the factory. The original coat of yellow which can be seen in some spots, is so thin, it's almost see through.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Banned

The last two additions to this train wreck thread bring this front and center:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Please for the love of Christ would a moderator clean the trash out of this thread already??
Old 01-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

The last two additions to this train wreck thread bring this front and center:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Please for the love of Christ would a moderator clean the trash out of this thread already??
Old 01-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

Fake photo

who here thinks this is a photo of the tail lens from my car?
Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

If the answer is no then all the bantering back and fourth for the last 3 pages is bogus and you know it
Old 01-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Banned

Buzzfeed thread...last three pages or so...
Old 01-19-2019, 12:15 PM
Banned

Fake photo
Old 01-19-2019, 12:49 PM
Supreme Member

Do you still have access to the car to get us pics of these areas in question? If not then can you have the new owner take pics of these areas so we can pout this dumpster fire to bed.... Get the pictures and confirm its all original. Whats so hard about it
Old 01-19-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chazman
BTW, I don't know the person who started that FB thread and took the pics, but I figured what the hell, I will contact him just in case, (just like you or anyone else could have done), and send him a link to this thread. He responded and confirmed it is the same car.
I did too, and he confirmed same.

I will not reply again to this thread, as it is beyond ridiculous at this point.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S

I did too, and he confirmed same.

I will not reply again to this thread, as it is beyond ridiculous at this point.
Yup, this thread has caused me to lose a lot of respect for the OP.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chazman
Yup, this thread has caused me to lose a lot of respect for the OP.
if that’s the way you feel so be it..

you are on the record..so better your mask is off earlier than later.

I am good with it because I am right and you are wrong.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:46 PM
Supreme Member

Well, that's not a mask, it's just masking tape from where I was clay treating my face. No, no, it was someone else's face, no......I mean you must be a drunk troll, jealous of my face. Get some help, Phil. You're out of control
Old 01-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Ladies. Need I remind everyone that imports and Mustangs are the true enemy?

This is going no-where. All the bickering is sucking all the fun out of the forum. Barrett-Jackson sucks *****. Lock this thread down already.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Phil, if there's any way to get photos of the areas in question, to prove these photos wrong, the thread will be cleaned up. No offense, but if it turns out that the photos are of the car you sold, and there was a repaint done, then the thread needs to remain in tact for future reference.

One thing I need to say is that if I clayed a car and got a ton of color from it, the first thing I'd do after claying is washing the car extremely well. If that is clay residue, it should wash off. If the included photos are not of your car, then how can you say it's clay residue or camera flash trickery?

I'm still holding to the thought that there's the chance these are not of your car, but I don't understand why you didn't just say that from the very beginning. And while the car was still available, you could've taken a photo to show everyone that you're being sabotaged. I'm hopeful that we can soon prove that the photos are NOT of your car. I cannot tell from the taillight photo you just posted if that is from your car or not.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Banned

Scott,

so so let me get this right.. some idiot starts trouble over on Facebook posts photos that are fake.

meanwhile the car in question sets an auction record and you are still asking me to prove I am not a “crook”
of some kind?

several of the forum participants are caught red handed here in attacking both the car, and my reputation... meanwhile the photos in question are obvious fakes and you are still pressing me to explain?

are you kidding me?

do you guys think the bidders here are stupid?
Old 01-19-2019, 03:54 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Phil, if there's any way to get photos of the areas in question, to prove these photos wrong, the thread will be cleaned up.
Scott, it will take way more than deleting posts to do anything for what happened here. That won't delete the attitude and insults that was made to many members of this community that have made it what it is today - for simply asking legitimate questions.

meanwhile the photos in question are obvious fakes and you are still pressing me to explain?

When the Facebook pictures were posted days earlier, why did you not state they were not pictures of your car? Was you mistaken into believing those pictures was of your car, at first?

Probably not the best angle:
Yes. Typical dealer offering. Dirty. Dented TPI runners and flat red paint, with bonus brush touch ups but nothing that could not be corrected.

Now the price that dealer wanted is starting to look like a bargain now.

I am very happy for the seller! Well sold.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Car: 92 & 91 Z28 1LEs, 87 IROC-Z, 90 ZR1
Engine: L98, LT5
Transmission: 700R4, 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.42, 3.73, 3.27

Post a pic of your claybar with all this red residue on it...

The heck with the tail lights because they are easy to swap, i'd want to see a video of the car that zooms in on the drip rail in those spots with the paint overspray to prove that the pics posted were fakes. It's your reputation, not ours. This car will surface again i'm sure of it and it will be proven one way or another.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Supreme Member

Old 01-19-2019, 05:16 PM

Old 01-19-2019, 05:34 PM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Scott,

so so let me get this right.. some idiot starts trouble over on Facebook posts photos that are fake.

meanwhile the car in question sets an auction record and you are still asking me to prove I am not a “crook”
of some kind?

several of the forum participants are caught red handed here in attacking both the car, and my reputation... meanwhile the photos in question are obvious fakes and you are still pressing me to explain?

are you kidding me?

I NEVER said you were a crook. I really dislike it when someone says I said or did something I didn't do. Absolutely nowhere will you find a post in here where I am calling you a crook or even insinuating that you're a crook. Your attitude towards us is beginning to irritate me like some of the others. All I asked for was something to prove to the masses that those Facebook photos aren't of your car. If they are of your car, then so be it. You need to own up to the fact that it was painted, and accept that you got a fantastic price for a repainted car. Good for you. I'm happy it sold for what it did and I posted earlier that I'm disappointed in BJ for hammering too low. So, again, find where I said, or even insinuated, you were a crook.

Now, as to your reputation...You're the one causing that to be tarnished. If you didn't get immediately defensive and start attacking the members here, and addressed the concerns more professionally, we wouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately, you attacked people here, told us things that made no sense, never responded when asked to explain it since we didn't understand, etc.

One of the things we at TGO are known for is showing proof of our claims. I really didn't expect you to take offense to requests for that same proof when someone on FB appears to be calling you out. At this point Phil, I don't really care if it's paint, compound, clay bar residue or pictures of another car. You're doing a good job of ruining your good reputation here.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5

I don't see what the fuss is about - it's a good news story for all of us if a repainted thirdgen can sell for $34k. Can't wait to see those craiglist ads get marked up.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:56 PM

To me, it’s about false advertising. The ad clearly states “dressed in its original factory dark red metallic paint”. People buy these cars site unseen over the phone sometimes. If it has been repainted, the ad is incorrect and I believe someone could take legal action if they wanted to.

It’s like showing up to find a car advertised as a factory original L98 and then getting there to find an F in the vin.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:01 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by ev305tpi
To me, it’s about false advertising. The ad clearly states “dressed in its original factory dark red metallic paint”. People buy these cars site unseen over the phone sometimes. If it has been repainted, the ad is incorrect and I believe someone could take legal action if they wanted to.

It’s like showing up to find a car advertised as a factory original L98 and then getting there to find an F in the vin.
I agree Erik - it's all about how the car was represented - it was represented to be all original - with what's gone on here, I'd even question
the 344 miles now - is the car authentic or not ?? Too many questions surround it at this point because of what has been uncovered
Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 PM
Supreme Member

I agree with you 100%, my post was somewhat sarcastic.

But how huge would it be the buyer saw it in person, thought it was in fact a repaint, and still bid it up to the 30s?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by KMK454
I agree with you 100%, my post was somewhat sarcastic.

But how huge would it be the buyer saw it in person, thought it was in fact a repaint, and still bid it up to the 30s?
Do you really think that is what happened ??
Old 01-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by BizJetTech
Do you really think that is what happened ??
No, not at all.

If it's anything like the auctions I've been to, what probably happened is a bunch of people were drinking at a televised auction where all of the cars with auction-special last minute buff and touch-up jobs looked great under fluorescent lighting. No test drives allowed! A few guys got to bidding on the same ride without doing a lot of homework on it, and it became less about getting the car and more about winning - gotta beat those other guys! These auctions pump up the theater aspect, and rightfully so; it's good for the bottom line.

Check this Instagram post: the guy who bought the $132k 1993 Cobra R admits that it was about beating the other guy. His limit was $85k, but winning the bid was worth an additional $47k.

View this post on Instagram
Old 01-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by KMK454
No, not at all.

If it's anything like the auctions I've been to, what probably happened is a bunch of people were drinking at a televised auction where all of the cars with auction-special last minute buff and touch-up jobs looked great under fluorescent lighting. No test drives allowed! A few guys got to bidding on the same ride without doing a lot of homework on it, and it became less about getting the car and more about winning - gotta beat those other guys! These auctions pump up the theater aspect, and rightfully so; it's good for the bottom line.

Check this Instagram post: the guy who bought the $132k 1993 Cobra R admits that it was about beating the other guy. His limit was $85k, but winning the bid was worth an additional $47k.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BswwKSJFA_F/
Sorry, I'm not buying into that story.....IMO, probably just more internet BS
Old 01-20-2019, 12:19 AM
Banned

Back from another fun day from the auction and Dan tells me that a TGO officer has nominated his car for car of the month. I think -Wow that is great! then I read the latest posts here where no one claims to be doing anything untoward to damage me in any way what so ever-while then at the same time go on to accuse me of selling a “repainted car”

JT have a look please you might actually see an example or two in the posts above.

Now on to business—so who exactly is the mystery Facebook guy that started fhis rubbish concerning the 344 original mile car I just sold that set a world record at the Barret-Jackson auction?

Name and contact information please. JT since you represent the site in an official and legal capacity I would prefer you reply.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:27 AM
Banned

Oh and one more thing is our Facebook guy really ready to state for the record those images were taken on Barrett-Jackson property and are actually reflective of the true physical condition of lot 442.1 prior to sale?

Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 AM
Banned

Grant Thomas Jordan we already have him.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Banned

Say hello to the mystery man.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:24 AM
Banned

And look at the color IROC he owns.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:25 AM
JT
Community Administrator

Back from another fun day from the auction and Dan tells me that a TGO officer has nominated his car for car of the month. I think -Wow that is great! then I read the latest posts here where no one claims to be doing anything untoward to damage me in any way what so ever-while then at the same time go on to accuse me of selling a “repainted car”

Now on to business—so who exactly is the mystery Facebook guy that started fhis rubbish concerning the 344 original mile car I just sold that set a world record at the Barret-Jackson auction?

Name and contact information please. JT since you represent the site in an official and legal capacity I would prefer you reply.

Phil, you are responsible for your attitude and your insults that have caused question to your reputation and the "world record" car. We are not going to clean up this discussion. This is not the proper form if you believe you have a legal concern. However, I doubt that's going to change what happened in this case. Members had some questions and opinions about the car in question, to which you reacted in a manner that hurt yourself and made this thread what it is today. If you have an issue with the pictures on Facebook, or the person behind the pictures on Facebook, take it up with Facebook.

Some have probably hoped for a reasonable explanation and that's why this thread has continued despite Phil's responses that have done nothing to save himself. If Scott wants to call this closed, he can do so.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:03 AM
Banned

Hey JT

Please don’t go and pop smoke now. I will be home shortly with access to the entire photo library on the car.

On the legal business end that is all in Barrett-Jackson’s wheelhouse at this point.

The car was accurately represented displayed and sold. The activity on this site and on the Facebook site is what it is and we now have it.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 PM

And look at the color IROC he owns.
This car has T-tops... so it doesn’t have drip rails like a hardtop like the one you sold... so the pictures in question were definitely not his car, that’s for sure.

If you are in contact with him, why not have the new owner comment on his thoughts on the paint? You said he is pissed... at all of us for pointing this out or for it being advertised as original paint?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My guess is that this car was damaged in transit and someone did some quickie repairs before being put on display. The original poster has way too many excuses and diversions to come off as credible. If i were the new owner i would be pissed too, because either i was lied to or there is a monumental hoax going on. Either way the value of my overpriced 89 camaro is taking a real hit.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been a while since I have been on this board, and have never been an active poster, but reading through this thread blows my mind and leaves me with two thoughts:

1. I would never trust this seller for any purchase or judgement- juvenile and offensive (based on his responses)
2. The purchaser will suffer, not based on the condition of the original car, but more so because of the sellers response - it makes you question everything about the car

It seems like an awesome car, but his responses to this thread should have been one of the following
1. This is not true and here is proof
2. Wow, i missed that area that raises questions
3. I did note that area, but dont have an explanation for it.

Instead, he blamed everyone else, then said it was clay bar damage, then said it wasnt his car, and then told moderators to clean up a post where his posts are the only questionable one. Pretty impressive mental gymnastics going on.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Although Ive been out of Third Gens for a while I really love them and with the January auctions going on I thought I would check TGO for comments on results.

This thread has been both amusing and sad. The OPs last post was that the matter will be going to BJs legal. I know nothing about the fine print in the consignment agreement, however my guess would be that a car can have minor repairs and still be classified as original paint and caveat emptor will apply.

The buyer is obviously aware of this discussion, and if the pictures are of a different car then the buyer would post here to clear it up in order to preserve the cars integrity. If the overspray pictures are really of this car, removing the trim and correcting it will be too little too late if this car ever goes up for sale again. It will be recognized by this group on TGO so this cars future is at stake here. Curious to see which way it goes.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by odin65
My guess is that this car was damaged in transit and someone did some quickie repairs before being put on display. The original poster has way too many excuses and diversions to come off as credible. If i were the new owner i would be pissed too, because either i was lied to or there is a monumental hoax going on. Either way the value of my overpriced 89 camaro is taking a real hit.
Here is today's winner of the "ding bat" award.

Dude - I had Reliable Carriers transport the car. The driver who picked the car up normally picks up at Jay Leno's and stated " this car is perfect and should be in Jay's collection" (That is a direct quote by the way) The car received a complete complete pre and post transport inspection and scored near perfect with two minor scuffs found on the one corner of the front fascia and I have a copy of the reports.

Any damage. ANY evidence of repaint or over-spray of any kind even dirt would have been noted upon inspection.

Is this board and its administrators going to now allow a public attack on the business reputation of Reliable Carriers now?

Please, Please stop making statements like this- further I would strongly recommend that the admin's start watching this thread for garbage like this. This topic is going way beyond stupid at this point.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 AM
Banned

This car has T-tops... so it doesn’t have drip rails like a hardtop like the one you sold... so the pictures in question were definitely not his car, that’s for sure.

If you are in contact with him, why not have the new owner comment on his thoughts on the paint? You said he is pissed... at all of us for pointing this out or for it being advertised as original paint?

For the record Most of the replies over the past 4 pages or so were directly instigated by the same fellows who roll tight with Grant over on face book.

OK Humor me. For the pictures that fired up this entire debate--(now stay with me here) exactly where does Grant say the photos in question are of LOT 442.1 and taken on Barrett-Jackson property?

Please no more OP "you hurt my paws"--"we don't like you anymore" replies Those unchecked personal attacks are bait and just serves to further diminish the standing of the board.

Screen shot as posted here on this board.

Where is the smoking gun that attaches the photos posted to LOT 442.1??
Old 01-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Supreme Member

Here is today's winner of the "ding bat" award.

Dude - I had Reliable Carriers transport the car. The driver who picked the car up normally picks up at Jay Leno's and stated " this car is perfect and should be in Jay's collection" (That is a direct quote by the way) The car received a complete complete pre and post transport inspection and scored near perfect with two minor scuffs found on the one corner of the front fascia and I have a copy of the reports.

Any damage. ANY evidence of repaint or over-spray of any kind even dirt would have been noted upon inspection.

Is this board and its administrators going to now allow a public attack on the business reputation of Reliable Carriers now?

Please, Please stop making statements like this- further I would strongly recommend that the admin's start watching this thread for garbage like this. This topic is going way beyond stupid at this point.
So you are telling us that Reliable Carriers performs an inspection for evidence of the car being re-painted and/or touched up (including over-spray)
on their pre-loading inspection findings ??? .......I've shipped cars with several major transport companies, including Reliable and all they note is existing DAMAGE such as scratches, chips, dents, etc.
dirt.....REALLY ????

Quick Reply: 1989 IROC 344 original miles