Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700R
Axle/Gears: 2:77
FOUR 5 speed leather shift boots

I have two early style boots and two late style boots. The early style is smooth leather and much thicker than the later style. But they do get stiff easily. The two early style boots I have are both in fair condition. I would not call them excellent. They are not torn or worn out but they are a bit faded and dry. Probably pretty easy to fix with some of the correct products but I know nothing about leather.

The two early original style boots I have are $45 each as this style is no longer available and hard to find.

The later style is textured and much thinner or more flexible. The two I have are both in excellent condition. But since you can buy a new reproduction of these for $30 I am setting my price for these at $15 plus shipping costs.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FOUR 5 speed leather shift boots

Neil, do you plan on replying to any of my messages regarding the items you sent me had damage you did not explain and missing brackets?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by BuiltZ28
Neil, do you plan on replying to any of my messages regarding the items you sent me had damage you did not explain and missing brackets?
I have already replied to your PM 3 times. First off, I never said anything about the metal ring being included just like the shift **** or any other associated parts. Did you see anywhere in the ad that anything other than the boot was to be included? Next, all my comments on the shift plates were about the topside and how the aesthetics were. Neither the function nor the aesthetics of the shift plate are affected. Why would I go to the trouble of photographing all the plates down to making sure that even the smallest aesthetic flaw was well known and yet make no comment about that one having been cut underneath? The answer is that it doesn't affect the item at all.

but back to my original response which was... pack up both items and send them back. I'll give you a full refund plus $20 for shipping and handling. I don't want you be unhappy with them. I've got other guys here locally who could use them.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:10 PM

Funny Neil I haven't gotten one response, all I have seen you do is delete another post where I adked you to respond to my messages. Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if the plate has a 1 inch slit in it from an angle grinder whether it can be seen or not once installed.

if you buy a new boot it specifically states whether or not it comes with a mounting bracket or not, most all of yours are shown with a bracket. You lied on the shipping cost, is this to recoup any "shipping refunds" if people aren't happy?

I have had many positive experiences on here buying parts from members my experience has been less than satisfactory with you. Why don't you save the hassle make things right and ship the bracket?

You said the calculated shipping charges were 20.00 when in reality it was 8.xx.

Last edited by BuiltZ28; 08-23-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:42 PM

And we have a silent Neil. Still waiting for those 3 private messages you sent.

Careful guys and girls.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:09 AM

You seem to be the sort for which the need to be right is more important than the result. I quickly offered to restore your position before our transaction by offering a full refund of your money plus your shipping costs. Yet your interest seems to be more towards some sort or Facebook style bantering. Do you want your money back or do you want to persist with this?
Old 08-26-2017, 02:16 AM

You could start with answering your private messages Neil thanks.