Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

90' RS dash and rear seatbelts in 84 Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90' RS dash and rear seatbelts in 84 Z28?

So I recently picked up a 84 Z28 with a 90(ish?) RS parts car. I put a set of 4th gen seats in the 84 and was planning on just having a plate made to cover up the holes for the seat belt guides on the rear seats. However, I noticed a 92' RS car at my local junkyard had factory seats with the same seat belt guide and the shoulder belt for the rear seat. My parts car has the trim for this same rear seat shoulder belt and I'm wondering how hard it would be to mount the later model rear seatbelts (lap and shoulder) into my 84 which just has the lap belt, or if this is even a good idea. Also, will a 90' model dash work in a 84 Camaro with the stock 84 gauge cluster or will it require modification?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 90' RS dash and rear seatbelts in 84 Z28?

So after some simple overview, I've concluded that I can't use the dash due to the difference gauge setup. I could however use the rear seatbelts as it looks like there is just a metal bracket which would need to be installed. Though with my project goals, I don't care enough for the rear seatbelts to go through that much trouble and will just have a plate made.