LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

LT1 issues and woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 camaro Z28
Engine: LT4 Intake & Heads bottom end 94
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42
LT1 issues and woes

okay i have established that this a 94 engine at least i think... it uses the keyed opti spark on it and has no crank position sensor.. i am having problems with the computer one i know i am missing one oxygen sensor but i doubt it would affect the engine this bad i get about 100 miles out of a tank and i have a six speed... 2. the connector that i had lt1350.com put on was for an obdII and i needed an obdI so if someone has what color goes where for the connecter i will just use my stock one off my camaro so i can use this hypertech programmer that came with the engine... i know that this one will work becuase they guy had it installed on his car and sold it to me and everything was in workign order. Engine runs a bit ruff i have checked everything and everything is giving the proper reading except that one oxygen sensor i am missing... and when i clipped off that other connecter and tried to splice in my new one now the car won't run adn the fuel pump will not work so please don't tell me i fried my computer that woudl not be a very good day let me know guys any help is much appreciated i think i have tackled the shifting problems and will know that by friday once i readjust and bleed the clutch again...
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
The OBDII connector is something which is common on the 95 systems, one of the reasons Dana puts the OBDII connectors on the harness is most of the cables for purchase have the OBDII connector instead of the OBDI, the system is still OBDI but the connector is different. Not having the second O2 sensor can cause big problems since the PCM is only has the readings from one bank instead of both, which will throw a code and possibly keep the system in open loop instead of closing the loop. The hypertech programmer is not bad, but I would suggest getting a program (datalogger) to run on a laptop that you can actually monitor what is going on as the car is running and driving, plus you can better tune the car with one of the programs instead of the hypertech, and you will have to buy a new cable to do this with. One of the better places to get one is AKMcables they also have diagrams on how to make your own cable as well.