LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 RS
Engine: LQ4
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Too lazy to check!!
Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?

I'm selling my 89 RS/LQ4. Check me out if you are interested in saving yourself a little time and money.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/me...90/#msg1541290
Attached Thumbnails Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?-dsc01178.jpg   Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?-dsc01184.jpg   Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?-dsc01428.jpg  

Last edited by rockoosi1; 02-16-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 305 ci
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Wanna save some time and money building a turbo?

How much are you looking to get for it? Wish I could but I don't have the money, but it might help with the sell to have a price for it...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Re: Wanna save some time and money building a turbo?

Originally Posted by motenkjr
How much are you looking to get for it? Wish I could but I don't have the money, but it might help with the sell to have a price for it...
The reason I didn't put a price is bacause I'm not sure what all somebody might want left on the car (tranny, turbo kit, IC, etc.) I figured it would easier to just talk live.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 305 ci
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Wanna save some time and money building a turbo 3rd gen?

Gotcha...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: LSX 6.0 370, TU2 Cam, Fast intake
Transmission: T56 w/ lots of goodies
Axle/Gears: 8.8, Posi, 4.10, 31 Spline

id be interested in just the turbo kit if you had a price in mind
Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM

Interested. I'll send you a PM
Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

Saw the pics and I got to ask again will you sell the turbo set up by its self as its the style of system Ive been looking for as I dont have to cut up the front of the car and fits under a stock hood
Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 6SIX6
Saw the pics and I got to ask again will you sell the turbo set up by its self as its the style of system Ive been looking for as I dont have to cut up the front of the car and fits under a stock hood
It really all depends on if the car sells and they don't want the turbo kit. The only reason I'm considering getting rid of the car is because I'm a little too tall to keep climbing in past the cage. If the car was alittle more comfortable I would continue to improve on what I've already done. If it doesn't sell I will keep driving it. Sooooo I will keep you in mind either way.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Supreme Member

For sure man keep me in mind as Im already set up for boost on my motor. just wasnt gonna turbo it as I want to drive it this year for once instead of letting it sit. If I had a complete swap ready to go Id put it on. Let me know then if you seperate it or sell the car for sure. Thanks rockoosi1
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM

I had the opportunity to meet up with Rodney this weekend to check out the car. He took me for a ride, and the experience gave me a feeling similar to a roller coaster ride. I was impressed with the speed of the car, it must have went from 20 mph to 125 mph in about 10 seconds (no joke)! Rodney said if he could have taken a picture of my face when he mashed the gas, it would have been priceless. All you could feel was the tires grab for traction while the sound of an LQ4 coupled with a turbo launched the car to warp speed.

On the way home I caught myself blasting my 4th gen LS1 Camaro up into the triple digits while my friend yelled at me saying "alright, we get it, this car has no turbo and its got nothin on that car." The body is pretty clean with no rust, and all the go fast turbo goodies are on the car ready to rock and roll. This car would be a great opportunity to pick up where Rodney left off. Somebody can pick this up and swap in an LQ4 and go, you won't be disappointed with the opportunity to go fast, that's for sure.

Rodney was also a great guy to deal with, we spent hours talking about our cars, HPTuners, cam swaps, turbos, and all kinds of stuff. To the top for this ad!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Supreme Member

I bet that car was like being in a rocketship LOL I wanna boost my car so bad as the motor was built for it but if I found a setup for sale I would snag it quick. I would have bought the kit that was on my motor originally but I would have to cut the front of the car up pretty bad for it to work. Im not down with that at all as to find a 3rd gen as clean as mine is near impossible up here in Canada. Plus I know the previous owner of it and when I bought it I promised I wouldnt hack it up. I put a 4th gen coolant bottle in and that killed me to do so Im not gonna do any more if i dont have to or to that extent.

Rodney like i said if it doesnt selland if you decide to part with the turbo set up let me know for sure and good luck with the sale. Sounds like a killer car man
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tuffguy611
I had the opportunity to meet up with Rodney this weekend to check out the car. He took me for a ride, and the experience gave me a feeling similar to a roller coaster ride. I was impressed with the speed of the car, it must have went from 20 mph to 125 mph in about 10 seconds (no joke)! Rodney said if he could have taken a picture of my face when he mashed the gas, it would have been priceless. All you could feel was the tires grab for traction while the sound of an LQ4 coupled with a turbo launched the car to warp speed.

On the way home I caught myself blasting my 4th gen LS1 Camaro up into the triple digits while my friend yelled at me saying "alright, we get it, this car has no turbo and its got nothin on that car." The body is pretty clean with no rust, and all the go fast turbo goodies are on the car ready to rock and roll. This car would be a great opportunity to pick up where Rodney left off. Somebody can pick this up and swap in an LQ4 and go, you won't be disappointed with the opportunity to go fast, that's for sure.

Rodney was also a great guy to deal with, we spent hours talking about our cars, HPTuners, cam swaps, turbos, and all kinds of stuff. To the top for this ad!
Thanks for the kinds words and I'm glad you guys decided to take the ride. I enjoyed just getting a chance to shoot the ish. I told the a few people about your expressions....lol.

I really do believe if anybody on this board ever takes a ride in a turbo V8 it would be really hard to justify building a radical NA engie IMO. After driving the car again I must admit I was left thinking maybe I need thnk about this...lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 6SIX6
I bet that car was like being in a rocketship LOL I wanna boost my car so bad as the motor was built for it but if I found a setup for sale I would snag it quick. I would have bought the kit that was on my motor originally but I would have to cut the front of the car up pretty bad for it to work. Im not down with that at all as to find a 3rd gen as clean as mine is near impossible up here in Canada. Plus I know the previous owner of it and when I bought it I promised I wouldnt hack it up. I put a 4th gen coolant bottle in and that killed me to do so Im not gonna do any more if i dont have to or to that extent.

Rodney like i said if it doesnt selland if you decide to part with the turbo set up let me know for sure and good luck with the sale. Sounds like a killer car man
I will certainly keep you in mind and trust me if you do decide to boost your car you will not be sorry. I have two of them and love them both!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 84 Z28......99 TA
Engine: Lq9 6.0... Ls1
Transmission: 4L60E X's 2
Axle/Gears: 3.73 on both

Still have this set up?