LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Ls1 Iroc, now turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ls1 Iroc, now turbo

Hey guys, haven't posted much here even though I've owned several 3rd gens, including a couple diesel ones

Anyways, figured I would share my latest build.

all last year it was a n/a h/c ls1 first with a yank pt4000/60e then with a th350/unknown conver with 22% split on the big end. Car was faster with the 60e setup, but I only ran it at the track with the th350 and it ran 11.8@117 with a 35mph headwind and 3500 d/a.

beginning of winter I decided to to turbo the car, and here we are now.

Im on my phone so pictures are going to be kind of a random deal.

Thinks i built for the car.
99 town car 8.8, cut the brackets off my 10 bolt and transferred them over, trak lock with carbon clutches, forged yoke, 31 spline moser axles, and dual rear calipers. I have around $650 total into this.

rear driveshaft, 3.5" .083 1350 yokes with forged spicer solid joints.

Dash, I built. I OD cluster, previous owner had hacked the dash bad and the wiring so I re did it all.

th400 with 10" ptc converter specd by Dusty Bradford, bte billet brake, rollerized etc.

The ls1 I had a deka 80 injector that was a little weak and torched anpiston so now the car is an lq4.

I did my own harness and I do my own tuning.

built the hot and cold side, twin 38mm wyntomn gates, 50mm wyntomn bov. Stock truck manifolds. Billet 78/75 from VS racing

Billet specialties street lites with pro bracket radial and 15/17 combo
Alky meth kit m5 nozzle pre compressor, m10 nozzle post compressor

viking double adjustable rear shocks, all stock up front
Car is very fun and I can't wait to get it out and run some times this year.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Z28 1LE
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: Ls1 Iroc, now turbo

Dude that is pretty awesome! Seeing stuff like this makes me miss living in the U.S. About that picture at the gas station, is this thing street legal?