LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

DBW problems

Old 04-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DBW problems

Hi I'm having a problem with the DBW on my swap. when i turn the key in the on/run position the Throttle body opens and closes but when I press the pedal nothing happens. I've tested the 5 volt references coming from the TPS and TAC and I've checked the grounds on the TPS and TAC. I've checked the voltage on the brown and yellow wires going to the motor on the Throttle body motor and they're getting 12V+, I've checked the ohms on the APP sensor and the voltage when depressed and pressed and they're all getting good readings without skipping, and I've also checked the pigtail to make sure the wires went to the correct spot. FWIW the TAC, Throttle body And APP sensor are from a 2001 Yukon Denali. Any ideas what it can be?
Old 04-17-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: DBW problems

I'm running a 58x and DBW. A tuner said the pedal, throttle body, ECM, and tune have to match (same year and model truck or car). You probably have a 24x DBW if you're using parts from a 2001 truck, and the throttle body should work with the key on and engine off:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ngine-off.html

All I can suggest is to check your PCM and tune. The tune was the problem when my engine wouldn't start after install. Check this out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...e-control.html