LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Gone but not forgotten, Turbo lq4 Turdgen

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 09:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Gone but not forgotten, Turbo lq4 Turdgen

2018 has been a very rough year for me. On the surface I started the year prepping the cage for more track time.Got a cage,sub frame,brake upgrades,driveshaft upgrade. I was set that with the chassis stiffened up and on fresh nittos..the diff was next on the too break list. I was wrong...my first pass of the season I forgot to turn on the meth kit and once full boost came on with 94 pump gas..my pistons cracked and bent 2 rods just slightly. No big deal right..it was a bone stock high mile gen 3..why not replace the pistons/rods with gen 4 stuff.So i got cheap stock ebay gen 4 rods/pistons(hypereutectics),and put everything back together. 2 months later just after breaking in the motor..the pistons rings cracked again and did more damage than before to the crank and the cylinders and my shaved 317 heads had spider cracks between valves. I pennied up and bought forged pistons n rods..my previous lower mile lq4 short block,new engine harness and got the car back together running better than ever with a new exhaust setup.

In the background i was very down as my father was battling stage 4 brain tumour. He pushed me to keep going forward with the car knowing how much I do enjoy racing and tinkering..learning more as I grow. He was given 3 months to live..survived the year of suffering to sadly pass just before my birthday and xmas. From my previous video at the dyno till yesterday(his birthday) I have not touched the car having 0 interest without having his support to. Yesterday morning as I gathered myself to visit his resting place, Im going through some of his belongings and stumble on where he had placed spare keys for my car. Maybe he wanted to me enjoy the nice day it was luckily and drive the car. I got it running..swapped on my street tires and paid my respects. Got home and thought he loved watching my videos so why not compile some of the fun runs Ive had so far.

To any of you who have lost someone to cancer or any illness, my condolences. Be safe out there,life is short. Cherish your loved ones, have fun with your rides. Im guilty of it but try to take it to the track more than the street and have a great 2019.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc Vert
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5 spd
Re: Gone but not forgotten, Turbo lq4 Turdgen

Dude, we met at the Picton drags a couple of years ago,,,Sorry to hear about the car and really SORRY to hear about your dad, support your Mom and keep that car going, your dad would love to hear that you are doing what you love !!!
Cherish the memories and live life to the fullest . May Peace be with You...
Old 02-15-2019, 08:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 6.9L TPI(FIRST) 421ci
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" Eaton truetrac 3.50

Lost my dad almost 7 years ago. He never got to hear my 421 come to life. He and I talked tuning and cars alot, but god had a better plan for him. It was tough to get back to my project too. Cars can wait, you will know when your ready. It doesn't get easier but some how life has a way to make it ok after a while. He will live on with you and will always be in your memories.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:45 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56

Originally Posted by 86White_T/A305
2018 has been a very rough year for me.
Yes, sometimes troubles do come in waves. Truly sorry for the pain and loss you're experiencing. I lost my father about 5 years ago. I can give you some encouragement that time does heal. But even now the darndest things will set me off and the emotions start pouring out. But that's not bad, it just means I loved him.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 02-15-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by cheesehomer
Dude, we met at the Picton drags a couple of years ago,,,Sorry to hear about the car and really SORRY to hear about your dad, support your Mom and keep that car going, your dad would love to hear that you are doing what you love !!!
Cherish the memories and live life to the fullest . May Peace be with You...
Yes I do remember you at Picton. I haven't been there in awhile with the way things went. I hope I can make it out there this yr more and not break things to enjoy the drive. Its good to know that we all have some sort of experience with losing loved ones and different ways on moving on and keeping the memories to live on.

Im sure one the spring weather hits and Im able to focus more on the car..things will start flowing again and Ill feel like doing more videos and growing the channel.