LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

UMI tubular K member and Holley crossmember

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
UMI tubular K member and Holley crossmember

Car has UMI LS tubular K member with 4th gen engine mounts, GTO T56 with Prothane mount and a Holley crossmember. Going to have to enlarge the holes and grind a little on the T56 pad that has the arrow pointing to it in the pic. Pretty simple mods. Just wanted to show what I found for anyone doing this in the future.
Havent mounted the BMR torque arm yet but it appears that it wont be a problem. Will update after its installed.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Supporter/Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 288 Posts
Car: '90 RS
Engine: 377 LSX
Transmission: Magnum T56
Re: UMI tubular K member and Holley crossmember

Do you have any adjustment left in the mounts that attach to the k member? Your trans looks perfectly centered but my combo with the UMI k member pushes the trans too far to the passenger side. Do you have any pictures of the trans shifter mount from the inside of the car?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 AM

Mine was the same way. I had to loosen the K member to body bolts and move the trans over as much as I could. It didn't move very much at all. I think I do have a pic of the shifter before I put the console back in. I'll look for it.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: One owner '88 IROC 50k
Engine: L98 with bolt ons.
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42 again

If you can't get the motor mounts on the k member to move forward a bit. You might be better off to slot the Holley trans cross member to body holes a bit so you can move the entire cross member back some. I do not think you have enough "meat" in the trans case to get that much clearance unless you plan on grinding off some of the cross member..
Old 06-09-2019, 04:51 PM

daferris, I will definitely keep that in mind. I haven't mounted it yet but hope to install it sometime this week. Thanks