LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Throttle Body Vent Tube Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body Vent Tube Question

I have a LQ9 swapped 92 Firebird and I got a new throttle body without the vent tube. My previous therotle body had a vent tube and the vent tube was connected to this part towards the passenger firewall. I'm not familiar with this part circled in the picture, can I cap this off since my new throttle body doesn't have a vent tube?

I tried to do some searching and it might be part of the evap system, but I couldn't get a definitive answer.

Old 05-10-2024, 08:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 1,290 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: Throttle Body Vent Tube Question

Looks like the check valve that the HVAC and cruise need, to keep vacuum stored up for when it goes away during hard acceleration.

Not "vent". Goes to manifold vacuum. You can get that from the plenum or the TB, wherever it's most convenient.

Not sure why they have both the vac supply to the control head, and also the line that works the heater control valve, both connected there. Kinda weird.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Throttle Body Vent Tube Question

Originally Posted by sofakingdom
Looks like the check valve that the HVAC and cruise need, to keep vacuum stored up for when it goes away during hard acceleration.

Not "vent". Goes to manifold vacuum. You can get that from the plenum or the TB, wherever it's most convenient.

Not sure why they have both the vac supply to the control head, and also the line that works the heater control valve, both connected there. Kinda weird.
Thanks for the reply. Not sure why those were connected there. Looks like I'll be spending some time looking at diagrams and ensuring all the lines are hooked up right because they currently aren't hooked up right.