Members Firebirds Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Base, SE, Formula, Trans Am, and GTA Firebirds!

The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 T/A WS6
Engine: none right now
Transmission: 700R4
The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)

About 8 years ago I purchased an 88 T/A that I intended to fix up and use as a daily driver for school. However, I eventually found that the frame on the car was tweaked a bit and it needed more work than I was able to do at the time.

Now though, I have decided to begin working on the car again. The first thing I plan on doing is getting the frame checked out and hopefully straight so I can get the front end back together. The car is going to the shop in about a month so after that I can really get down to working on it.

My plans for the car so far include:

Body: Repair frame and front end, repair radiator support, repair rust spots (luckily there is no rot, just some surface rust that is easily taken care of), completely clean and paint the undercarriage, 4th gen spoiler, possibly a Ram air 2 styled hood.

Power: 383 Stealth Ram with a t-56, stronger rear (haven't really decided on this yet)

Suspension: SFCs, LCAs, etc. completely replacing the suspension.

For the interior I plan on doing some minor fiberglass work and some other things. This is a long way away, but since I need a new center console, I may attempt to fab a glass console.

These plans are still preliminary and very incomplete, but they are the basic outline of what I plan to do.

Right now, I really cannot wait to get the car straightened out so that I can get down to work
Attached Thumbnails The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)-ta12.jpg   The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)-ta3.jpg   The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)-ta13.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Too many
Re: The Start (restart) of a project (88 T/A)

It looks like a good project. You've got a while to go but stick with it and I'm sure it will turn out great.