Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

MN, how many here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am vert
Engine: tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Re: MN, how many here?

indeed iv seen you both over there lol
Old 12-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Car: 1991 Formula
Engine: 305 TBI....:/
Transmission: 700R4

I made this account first but posted there first. xD
Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 PM

lol mngmp is better, but.... lots of dumb drama
Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 PM

I haven't noticed the drama yet, but I like how the forum is set up. If you want drama check out mnsportcompacts.net xD but drama gets brought there from other sites. :/ so it's not entirely their fault and it's starting to be washed out.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by fearsomeformy
I haven't noticed the drama yet, but I like how the forum is set up. If you want drama check out mnsportcompacts.net xD but drama gets brought there from other sites. :/ so it's not entirely their fault and it's starting to be washed out.
youll notice it when people talk about how the forum is run,
Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikehaase1norse
youll notice it when people talk about how the forum is run,
Mod drama? Are they just ***** about content? Or is it more personal?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:31 PM

Mod drama? Are they just ***** about content? Or is it more personal?
i think its personal, idk the only mod of==iv meet in person is terry aka scorpner and he seems like a great guy, no mod nozis just lots of debating on how the club should be ran and what not idk i stay out of it
Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 PM

i think its personal, idk the only mod of==iv meet in person is terry aka scorpner and he seems like a great guy, no mod nozis just lots of debating on how the club should be ran and what not idk i stay out of it
He does seem to be a nice guy, but since I've joined I've only really noticed maybe fifteen or twenty different people online over the past few days so I guess I haven't been exposed to it, but thank you for the heads up.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:56 PM

He does seem to be a nice guy, but since I've joined I've only really noticed maybe fifteen or twenty different people online over the past few days so I guess I haven't been exposed to it, but thank you for the heads up.
yeah, dont worry its not like there enuff drama to make you want to leave just a lil annoying sometimes
Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 PM

yeah, dont worry its not like there enuff drama to make you want to leave just a lil annoying sometimes
I'm fresh out of high school, I can avoid/deal with drama pretty well when I want to. haha.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: MAS Crate 350
Transmission: 97 T-56
Axle/Gears: 97 rear 3.43's posi

I'm fresh out of high school, I can avoid/deal with drama pretty well when I want to. haha.
WOW! Hey Randy your thread is still alive!!!! Yeah mngmhp or whatever it is now pfffffff! It used to be mnfbody.com and there were alot of issues going on with blah blah blah the group should go like this blah blah blah. The site shut down and changed names. Now its the same crowd different name. I dont bother with many of that crowd. I did make a few great friends over there however. Terry (Scorpner) is a great guy. Laid back and calm. Matt (Haulin *** motorsports) is also a decent guy.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 82 Trans Am
Engine: 13:1 383 stroker on e85
Transmission: t-56
Axle/Gears: ford 9" locker 3.70

Originally Posted by 85camarocrazee
WOW! Hey Randy your thread is still alive!!!! Yeah mngmhp or whatever it is now pfffffff! It used to be mnfbody.com and there were alot of issues going on with blah blah blah the group should go like this blah blah blah. The site shut down and changed names. Now its the same crowd different name. I dont bother with many of that crowd. I did make a few great friends over there however. Terry (Scorpner) is a great guy. Laid back and calm. Matt (Haulin *** motorsports) is also a decent guy.
New mods and staff will try and turn that around soon! Election just ended Yesterday, come back and see us at mngmp.com!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:13 PM

Car: 1982 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 5.7L 350
Transmission: TH350

its like a heat wave in Minnesota ha ha im about to take the t-tops off
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM

Car: 82 Trans Am
Engine: 13:1 383 stroker on e85
Transmission: t-56
Axle/Gears: ford 9" locker 3.70

Just an fyi we updated our site, if you guys arent on MNGMP too you might not know
check it out @ www.tcpowderworks.com
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Car: 1987 Z28
Engine: 350 L98 interals with Roller Cam
Transmission: T5 Borg Warner non world class
Axle/Gears: 373 posi

Just found this thread thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, Plymouth MN
Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 HO BUILT
Transmission: t5
Axle/Gears: 3:23

Plymouth.. White '86 z28. Anyone on here ever go to the Minnetonka Drive In in MOUND on Thursday nights?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM

Car: 1987 Z28
Engine: 350 L98 interals with Roller Cam
Transmission: T5 Borg Warner non world class
Axle/Gears: 373 posi

Originally Posted by 19camaroRS89
Plymouth.. White '86 z28. Anyone on here ever go to the Minnetonka Drive In in MOUND on Thursday nights?
Interested, whats it all about?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 HO BUILT
Transmission: t5
Axle/Gears: 3:23

Originally Posted by Camaro87Z
Interested, whats it all about?
It's a drive in restraunt right off 15 (west of lake minnetonka). Every thursday night they host a car show, usually about 40 cars show up. There a lot of older guys with their muscle cars there (Very, very nice at that) and its all free. For the last couple years I've been the only guy sporting a third gen other then one or two GTA's and the occasional RS driveby..

Me and my buddies all go there just to kickback, relax, and enjoy the smell of high octane muscle. It's a good time and a great place for a club or group of cars to meet up as there is a parking lot across the street that is perfect for overflow or groups to meet up. There is a GNX club that meets there occasionally and it would be nice to show them up once in awhile..

Last edited by 19camaroRS89; 02-25-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 406ci. Small Block Chevy
Transmission: 700R-4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt

Originally Posted by Camaro87Z
Just found this thread thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, Plymouth MN
Same here. Shakopee, MN
Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

IGH
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM

Car: 91 bird
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: 4 speed automatic
Axle/Gears: factory

go vikes!!!!!!born in duluth,stuck in kansas
Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car

Well, I'm officially in Maple Grove for the time being. Unfortunately, my car is still in Orlando. I might be seen at cruises and other things in the near future. I was with the Northstar Camaro Club during the World of Wheels and should be at other cruises starting in May. If something is running prior to May, let me know. Here's what I'll be cruising in while up here.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Well, I'm officially in Maple Grove for the time being. Unfortunately, my car is still in Orlando. I might be seen at cruises and other things in the near future. I was with the Northstar Camaro Club during the World of Wheels and should be at other cruises starting in May. If something is running prior to May, let me know. Here's what I'll be cruising in while up here.

Awesome! Welcome to MN!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 AM

Car: 83 camaro berlinetta
Engine: 40 over 350
Transmission: 86 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Hey guys, I've been on here regularly for a couple of months now. I'm in Roseville. Got to get the interior back in my car, but hopefully will be done soon. I havn't read this hole post, just skipped ahead since its so old - what are the other sites that people are on in mn? I would like to be "in the know" as to where people are going to for cruizing this summer. Hey, since I'm writting here, It seems like every friday or saturday night I happend to be driving home going west on 94 through the cities from visiting my parents - they are East of the Cities - there is always packs of what seems like younger kids - I'm 30 now - driving together, flying like bats out of hell. They are all usually driving little imports, but some of them have nicer stuff. I havn't drivin that way for a while now, but I was amased by how I always saw them. Am I the only one? I'm thinking they must organise somehow, meet up then decide where they are going to go and mess around getting there. If I'm in my camaro they usaully want to go at it, and I ignored them except for once, They're was a kid in a real nice lancer evo along side me, I finally gave in and stabed it, we got goin there through the city, but I eventually let up cause of other cars being around. One time a watched a kid almost bite it in what I think was a older supra, he hit his breaks real hard and started fish tailing - I was all slow motion for a second thinking oh, here we go, he beter not slam into me, but he managed to catch it and got back into control. Dumb a**. Another time there was a real nice white 4th gen - lowerd with big meats, he was ahead of me, then I think he must have hit his nitriouse cause you could hear his exhaust note change and all at once flames blew out his tail pipes and he was gone. Like "wow that guy's got some seriuose power". That was a couple of years ago now, but its always going west on 94 into and through the cities on friday/saturday night. I also want to find out where they are racing these days, Id like to go down there and see what its like. I know they were going somewhere off of university a couple of years ago, and energy park drive? Anyway I'm here and looking foward to this summer.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

i'm in grand rapids
Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by rybread11
Hey guys, I've been on here regularly for a couple of months now. I'm in Roseville. Got to get the interior back in my car, but hopefully will be done soon. I havn't read this hole post, just skipped ahead since its so old - what are the other sites that people are on in mn? I would like to be "in the know" as to where people are going to for cruizing this summer. Hey, since I'm writting here, It seems like every friday or saturday night I happend to be driving home going west on 94 through the cities from visiting my parents - they are East of the Cities - there is always packs of what seems like younger kids - I'm 30 now - driving together, flying like bats out of hell. They are all usually driving little imports, but some of them have nicer stuff. I havn't drivin that way for a while now, but I was amased by how I always saw them. Am I the only one? I'm thinking they must organise somehow, meet up then decide where they are going to go and mess around getting there. If I'm in my camaro they usaully want to go at it, and I ignored them except for once, They're was a kid in a real nice lancer evo along side me, I finally gave in and stabed it, we got goin there through the city, but I eventually let up cause of other cars being around. One time a watched a kid almost bite it in what I think was a older supra, he hit his breaks real hard and started fish tailing - I was all slow motion for a second thinking oh, here we go, he beter not slam into me, but he managed to catch it and got back into control. Dumb a**. Another time there was a real nice white 4th gen - lowerd with big meats, he was ahead of me, then I think he must have hit his nitriouse cause you could hear his exhaust note change and all at once flames blew out his tail pipes and he was gone. Like "wow that guy's got some seriuose power". That was a couple of years ago now, but its always going west on 94 into and through the cities on friday/saturday night. I also want to find out where they are racing these days, Id like to go down there and see what its like. I know they were going somewhere off of university a couple of years ago, and energy park drive? Anyway I'm here and looking foward to this summer.
well to start im from roseville mn and i swing down to porkys almost every weekend and eventually go and find some ricers to beat on it would be really cool if we could get a third gen club started in mn
Old 04-13-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by firebirdfever
well to start im from roseville mn and i swing down to porkys almost every weekend and eventually go and find some ricers to beat on it would be really cool if we could get a third gen club started in mn
Yeah, I used to go down there all the time, but havn't for the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure there is a fbody club, probly a couple. I havn't looked to hard for one since my car has been torn apart, I figured I'd look into clubs and hanging out after I got my car back on the road. I'll definetly be down at porkys this year. I've always wanted to put my car in the car craft summer cruise - maybe this summer will be the year.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC-Z
Engine: 370 LSX, LS3 Top End
Transmission: Built T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" Aluminum Center 3.89's

pretty sure i've seen your firebird around? saw a red one on university one night.

i go to school at the U now
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
Engine: LS3
Transmission: 6L80E
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Those idiots in the imports give the rest of us a bad name. I am 33 and had been around the downtown Saint Paul stretch of I-94 on Friday and Sat nights in the last month.

The idiots that I saw were all show and no go...swerving in and out of traffic like a bad F&F remake. I was almost run off the road by a riced out late 90's Tahoe who thought he was a Corvette.

I am all for horsepower and street fun...but these idiots will give law enforcement all the reasons they need to pass more stringent state laws against street racing. Since Saint Paul is the capital and these idiots street race within a few miles of the actual capitol building...lawmakers will seize upon this as evidence that the entire state is like this...much like the short-sighted politicians that they are

It would be nice to have a decent Thirdgen club in the Cities...wishful thinking for now.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:40 PM

For anyone interested, the Northstar Camaro Club is having their monthly meeting tonight at Davanni's Roseville, 1905 W Perimeter Dr, Roseville. The meeting begins with dinner at 7:00 pm, business at 7:30 pm. Hope to see some new faces there.

BTW, there are a lot of 3rd gens already in this club, so you won't be singled out!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC-Z
Engine: 370 LSX, LS3 Top End
Transmission: Built T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" Aluminum Center 3.89's

For anyone interested, the Northstar Camaro Club is having their monthly meeting tonight at Davanni's Roseville, 1905 W Perimeter Dr, Roseville. The meeting begins with dinner at 7:00 pm, business at 7:30 pm. Hope to see some new faces there.

BTW, there are a lot of 3rd gens already in this club, so you won't be singled out!
Should of posted this yesterday Scott!!! I didn't have class tonight and perimiter drive/rosedale center is only a walk away for me
Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 PM

Wow, thats really cool, I'd like to come to the next meeting you guys have and check it out. All this time I've been in Roseville, and it turns out a camaro club is meeting just down the street. Thanks for posting the info about your last meeting, I would like to go to the next one. Will you post when and where the next meeting will be? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 88TPI406GTA
Those idiots in the imports give the rest of us a bad name. I am 33 and had been around the downtown Saint Paul stretch of I-94 on Friday and Sat nights in the last month.

The idiots that I saw were all show and no go...swerving in and out of traffic like a bad F&F remake. I was almost run off the road by a riced out late 90's Tahoe who thought he was a Corvette.

I am all for horsepower and street fun...but these idiots will give law enforcement all the reasons they need to pass more stringent state laws against street racing. Since Saint Paul is the capital and these idiots street race within a few miles of the actual capitol building...lawmakers will seize upon this as evidence that the entire state is like this...much like the short-sighted politicians that they are

It would be nice to have a decent Thirdgen club in the Cities...wishful thinking for now.
Thats funny what you write about it being a bad F&F remake becuause thats exactly what its like. I guess theyre still doing it.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 AM

Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am "Daytona"
Engine: LG4 305 V8
Transmission: T5 5-speed

I live in Duluth, MN...anyone else in the upper half of the state?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 85 SC, 86 Berlinetta
Engine: V6, V8
Transmission: 700r4, 700r4

Originally Posted by Daytona_83
I live in Duluth, MN...anyone else in the upper half of the state?
North Shore Cruise, May 22-23
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: MAS Crate 350
Transmission: 97 T-56
Axle/Gears: 97 rear 3.43's posi

Originally Posted by jwdomino
New mods and staff will try and turn that around soon! Election just ended Yesterday, come back and see us at mngmp.com!

Well put. Im glad I registered there. There was a real big mouth that seems to have been banned or something. Good to see and Im glad I registered. Alot of the quieter guys use that site as well. Im thrilled that they are still around too.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Car: 1988 Firebird Formula
Engine: Built 350
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Im from Lakeville.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Car: 1990 Firebird
Engine: 350 tbi

don't remember if I've posted in the thread or not, but I'm in St. Cloud
Old 05-01-2010, 09:34 PM

The Northstar Camaro club meeting in Roseville at Davannis is next Tuesday. Just a reminder for anybody that wants to attend. That's the second Tuesday of the month. Check out the website at www.northstarcamaroclub.com.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Car: 1985 iroc z
Engine: 350 .30 over
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: told aftermarket moser 3.73 posi?

im from st paul and i own 3 3rd gens my bro owns 2 and i have a cousin that owns 2 then a few buddies that have 3rd gens we should really get a 3rd gen club started for mn... and just like the rest of you i love spankin the ricers on university... maybe u have seen me 1985 iroc z painted a metallic grey 18'' kmc wheels t tops i cruice through porkys 3-4 times a night on friday and saturday as long as the weather permits it havent missed a weekend in a few years... thats gonna change though i lost my license for 30 days today so ill see ya in a month with a bigger cam sportsman 2 heads and a new intake...
Name:  CAMARO4.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  46.8 KB

Last edited by zachkuby87; 05-18-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM

I am out in Prior Lake but don't actually own an F Body but parts from one I am installing in my 68 Camaro. Has anyone out there ever run a tune port motor on an engine test stand? I am in the process of building one and looking for any insight into the wiring issues I might encounter.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I probably posted in this thread like 6 years ago, who knows.

Anyway I'm from Burnsville originally, with a Maui 90 RS 305. Has been in storage for two years now as I've been living abroad, but was very active prior to that.

May have seen me around, not many in this color:

Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Car: 1985 iroc z
Engine: 350 .30 over
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: told aftermarket moser 3.73 posi?

puma that color is just awesome anymore pics??? exactly what color is that and where can i get it??
Old 05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, here's a side shot:

It's the factory color, code 23 Maui Blue IIRC. Should be able to get it anywhere, I've never painted it--that's 18 year old paint (hailed on in 92, before paintless dent repair was around so it would otherwise be original paint)

I bumped the saturation a tad in photoshop--it's a bit lighter than it looks in the pics, particularly mid day...but at dusk it really glows bright blue.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Rah

it would be really cool if we could get a third gen club started in mn
Agreed. Maybe a couple of guys should head this up ;-)

I'm in Plymouth. Done Porky's. Done Tonka drive-in. Done Medina. Wind up mostly just driving around on the right nights hoping to see someone...

Took this pic in my garage just last night.
Attached Thumbnails MN, how many here?-img_5661-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Rah; 05-25-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 AM

Car: 1987 IROC/Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I am in Andover - northern suburbs of the twin cities.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rah

I'm in Plymouth. Done Porky's. Done Tonka drive-in. Done Medina. Wind up mostly just driving around on the right nights hoping to see someone...

dude! check out mngmp.org
its a local gm car club
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Car: 86 Camaro z/28
Engine: running gear from 88 firebird

I'm from Forest lake- and have seen lots of third gens around.
Just curious, was anyone down at porky's for the last days?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM

Car: 1989 Pontiac GTA/2007 TrailblazerSS
Engine: 350 L98/LS2
Transmission: 700-R4/4L70E
Axle/Gears: 3.27/4.10

i'm from owatonna
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Car: 89 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI L98
Axle/Gears: Borg-Warner 3.27

Originally Posted by Rah

What is that next to your gta, a Stealth or something more exotic?